Author Topic: Getbigger protects his property from trespassers  (Read 524 times)

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
Getbigger protects his property from trespassers
« on: June 06, 2012, 03:12:11 AM »
http://www.kptv.com/story/18712646/police-forest-grove-man-pointed-gun-at-kids

Police: Forest Grove man pointed gun at kids

Posted: Jun 05, 2012 9:20 PM PDT
Updated: Jun 05, 2012 10:46 PM PDT
By FOX 12 Staff - email

FOREST GROVE, OR (KPTV) -
A Forest Grove man is accused of pointing an unloaded gun at three children walking on his driveway Tuesday afternoon.

Forest Grove police arrested Norman VanDyke, 67, on Tuesday, after the mother of one boy called 911.

Angel Martinez, 7, and two friends, both 9,  got off the bus at the wrong stop and were attempting to take a shortcut home through VanDyke's property.

Investigators say VanDyke told them to get off his property and pointed an unloaded .22 caliber handgun in their direction.

The gravel driveway is in the 4300 block of 22nd Avenue.

"This guy, he had a gun, he pointed at us. He had a dog, he let his dog go and it was chasing me," said Angel. He said the incident was scary. 

Angel and friends ran to a neighbor's house, who took the boys home.

"It was really scary, I got really scared," said Angel's sister, Jenny Martinez. "He's my little brother and I don't want anything to happen to him."

Jenny Martinez said her parents confronted VanDyke.

"He didn't deny it. He's like, 'I pointed a gun at them but it wasn't loaded,'" she said. "He was like, 'Well I thought they were older.'"

VanDyke faces three counts of menacing and three counts of pointing a firearm at a person.

Neighbor Carol Anderson described VanDyke as a nice person.

"I think that's horrible. I'm shocked," she said. "I can't imagine what I know of him, of that person, doing that."

VanDyke's house and driveway is behind a shopping center. The property is marked with "no trespassing signs," but Anderson said VanDyke often has problems with trespassers.

"I do know he puts up with a lot of people running back and forth, throwing garbage and debris all over on his property," she said.

VanDyke's wife declined to comment when contacted Tuesday night.

Copyright 2012 KPTV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
Re: Getbigger protects his property from trespassers
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 03:13:38 AM »

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 03:42:32 AM »
This wouldn't have happened if the kids had guns.

The government is trying to take us over!
G

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 07:15:23 AM »