Author Topic: Wisc. Exit Polls: Obama Leads Romney by 51-44 wtf?  (Read 5748 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Wisc. Exit Polls: Obama Leads Romney by 51-44 wtf?
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2012, 11:19:48 AM »
I don't think the exit polls were entirely accurate, but Obama is and always was going to win Wisconsin.  Every Democrat since Reagan has won it.  It's not a battleground state.  

He won by 14 in 2008.   The fact that even if you assume this exit poll is remotely accurate, which it is not, he is up by 7, still shows a huge loss of support.  Translated nationally means a disaster is on the way in november. 

Again - for people like Mal, Ozmo, 180, Straw ,et al NONE OF WHO SAW THE MID TERMS COMING - I say congrats morons - parading around your ignorance is very amusing to watch.   

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2012, 11:22:09 AM »
He won by 14 in 2008.   The fact that even if you assume this exit poll is remotely accurate, which it is not, he is up by 7, still shows a huge loss of support.  Translated nationally means a disaster is on the way in november. 

Again - for people like Mal, Ozmo, 180, Straw ,et al NONE OF WHO SAW THE MID TERMS COMING - I say congrats morons - parading around your ignorance is very amusing to watch.   

Not to mention that this poll oversampled Democrats. Take that out of the equation and Obama and Romney are virtually TIED.

Wisconsin has become a toss-up state. And the Dems are scared silly, as a result.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2012, 11:23:47 AM »
::)  ::)

I know how to read polls and when they are wortheless or not.   You have to look at the internals , the weighting, the turnout models, etc.   

But thats fine - keep your head in the sand. 

Ohhh... so you can see a worthless poll, but a worthless "news" source is tougher for you to handle.. Got it. Exit poll, not good. Indian Blogger, Iron Clad... hahahahahahhahahha

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2012, 11:24:58 AM »
June 6, 2012 12:46am 13 Comments
Exit poll: WI in play in November
by

Michael Barone

The Wisconsin exit poll evidently reported the race for governor in the recall ballot as 50%-50%. With 92% of the vote in, the Milwa

The Wisconsin exit poll evidently reported the race for governor in the recall ballot as 50%-50%. With 92% of the vote in, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel’s excellent website reports the score as 54%-46% Walker. Let’s say that’s the final results: only 13% of precincts from Milwaukee County and 3% of precincts from Madison’s Dane County—the Democrats’ two reservoirs of big majorities—remain uncounted. It has been emblazoned on mainstream media that the exit poll also showed Barack Obama leading Mitt Romney in the state 51%-45%. But if you think the exit poll was 4% too Democratic—and that’s in line with exit poll discrepancies with actual vote results over the last decade, as documented by the exit poll pioneer, the late Warren Mitofsky*—that result looks more like 49%-47% Romney. Or assume the remaining Milwaukee County precincts whittle Republican Governor Scott Walker’s margin over Democratic Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett to 53%-47%, which looks likely, the Obama-Romney numbers would look like 48%-48%.

This is in a state that Obama carried 56%-42% in 2008. But those putative numbers also look very much like the numbers in 2000, when Al Gore carried Wisconsin 47.8%-47.6% over George W. Bush, or the numbers in 2004, when John Kerry carried Wisconsin 49.7%-49.3% over Bush.

Turnout was high in Wisconsin, at least 7% above that in the November 2010 general election. Which leads me to this conclusion: Wisconsin is very much in play in November. And Scott Walker’s victory will not, to say the least, hurt Mitt Romney.

*Mitofsky found that the biggest WPE, Within Precint Error, where exit poll results tilted most heavily toward Democrats compared ithe actual vote, were in precincts where the interviewers were female graduate students. Go figure.

http://campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/exit-poll-wi-play-november/582041

________________________ _______________

Barone is one of the best pollsters out there.

again morons - take your blinders off and realize the msm kneepadding going on.  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2012, 11:25:34 AM »

Ohhh... so you can see a worthless poll, but a worthless "news" source is tougher for you to handle.. Got it. Exit poll, not good. Indian Blogger, Iron Clad... hahahahahahhahahha

Just remember the 2010 mid terms and how you NEVER saw that coming.   

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2012, 11:26:05 AM »

LOL.   Jesus Christ are you people from California stupid as fuck.  

If the same poll you are relying on was off by 7 in the governor race, its fair to assume that it is worthless on the other predictions as well.  

But that it fine by me - the longer you clowns stay in the dark about the electoral tsunami approaching the more amusing it will be the day after obama is sent home in disgrace.

So says a birther and its easy to see why you would think one is related to another.

I hope its a tzunami, but it won't be.  It will likely be close and we will get BUSH 3

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2012, 11:27:20 AM »
So says a birther and its easy to see why you would think one is related to another.

I hope its a tzunami, but it won't be.  It will likely be close and we will get BUSH 3

Wrong - we have Bush 3 now.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2012, 11:28:22 AM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 6, 2012 12:46am 13 Comments
Exit poll: WI in play in November
by

Michael Barone

The Wisconsin exit poll evidently reported the race for governor in the recall ballot as 50%-50%. With 92% of the vote in, the Milwa

The Wisconsin exit poll evidently reported the race for governor in the recall ballot as 50%-50%. With 92% of the vote in, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel’s excellent website reports the score as 54%-46% Walker. Let’s say that’s the final results: only 13% of precincts from Milwaukee County and 3% of precincts from Madison’s Dane County—the Democrats’ two reservoirs of big majorities—remain uncounted. It has been emblazoned on mainstream media that the exit poll also showed Barack Obama leading Mitt Romney in the state 51%-45%. But if you think the exit poll was 4% too Democratic—and that’s in line with exit poll discrepancies with actual vote results over the last decade, as documented by the exit poll pioneer, the late Warren Mitofsky*—that result looks more like 49%-47% Romney. Or assume the remaining Milwaukee County precincts whittle Republican Governor Scott Walker’s margin over Democratic Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett to 53%-47%, which looks likely, the Obama-Romney numbers would look like 48%-48%

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2012, 11:29:22 AM »

I saw that coming from 5000 miles away

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2012, 11:31:21 AM »

I agree it does say a lot about what will happen in November in other states.  The head of the DNC said so just a couple weeks ago. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2012, 11:37:29 AM »
Wrong - we have Bush 3 now.

I thought OB was Bush 2?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2012, 11:38:43 AM »
I agree it does say a lot about what will happen in November in other states.  The head of the DNC said so just a couple weeks ago. 

LMFAO at the one thing the obama drones were grasping to completely obliterated again.  

The funny thing two about obama voters is that they get used and abused like human toilet paper by obama day after day aday after day and they keep going back for more.  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2012, 12:10:56 PM »
MSM Reports Wildly Flawed WI Exit Polls To Spin For Obama

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

by John Nolte

You should've seen the MSM last night on Twitter. I make it a point to follow several of these folks in order to keep an eye on them, and the Wisconsin exit polls, released just after the state's polls closed at 8pm CT, showed the recall race between Republican Governor Scott Walker and his opponent, Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett, tied at 50/50.

And was the corrupt media giddy?

Oh yes they were.

Not only was the MSM giddy over the idea Walker might lose, but they then drip-drip-dripped all the internal numbers that spelled gloom and doom for our side. But the number the media was most excited to share was that exit polls showed Obama beating Romney in Wisconsin by seven points.  ABC News says nine:

Wisconsin voters by 52-43 percent said they’d support Obama over Romney if the election were today, the ABC News exit poll found, by 43-37 percent picked Obama to do a better job than Romney handling the economy and by 47-36 percent preferred the president on “helping the middle class.”

Yes, the media is still quoting exit polls that couldn't even get the main event correct.

The results between Walker and Barrett aren't 50/50. It wasn't even close. Walker trounced Barrett by an even wider margin than when they squared off in 2010:  Seven points instead of six.

And yet, as of this morning, the media is quoting exit polls that were a full seven points off in favor of the Democrat as good news because they show a seven to nine point lead for  Democrat Barack Obama.

The media will tell you that the exit polls have been adjusted since they were first released, but adjusted crap  is still crap.

You see what they’re doing here?

2012 will hinge on turnout, especially in swing states such as Wisconsin, and the media doesn't want the supporters of Their Precious One demoralized.

What was fun last night, though, and what makes having to follow all these media types on Twitter worth it, was watching them melt into sadness as the realization quickly hit that the exit polls were horribly wrong.

As the only poll the corrupt MSM can't manipulate (the actual votes) came in, you could actually see the media's Twitter avatars look sadder and sadder. Just as lousy exit polls had made John F'n. Kerry president for a single afternoon in 2004, once again they had given the MSM so much hope only to dash it cruelly against the actual results.

If the media wants to continue to attempt to fool us and themselves with discredited exit polls, I look forward to watching this again on an operatic scale come November.

Side note: Why does the media pay for exit polls, anyway? Why not forget them and just make it a policy to lie to the public after the polls close about how bad it looks for the Republican? Same effect, but cheaper, right?

The media is going bankrupt and this seems like the perfect place to cut corners.

ADDED: The great Michael Barone weighs in:

But if you think the exit poll was 4% too Democratic—and that’s in line with exit poll discrepancies with actual vote results over the last decade, as documented by the exit poll pioneer, the late Warren Mitofsky*—that result looks more like 49%-47% Romney. Or assume the remaining Milwaukee County precincts whittle Republican Governor Scott Walker’s margin over Democratic Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett to 53%-47%, which looks likely, the Obama-Romney numbers would look like 48%-48%.

Follow John Nolte on Twitter @NolteNC

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2012/06/06/MSM-Exit-Polls-Comfort-Obama

________________________ ________________________ _

KEEP LYING TO YOURSELVES LIBS. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2012, 01:12:32 PM »
Holy freaking meltdown all over the place 3333...  what a spaz

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2012, 01:17:00 PM »
Holy freaking meltdown all over the place 3333...  what a spaz

LOL.   Just having fun destroying every pathetic lib lie being spewed to try to salvage the disaster, yes fucking DISASTER, that occured to obama yesterday.

You idiots who voted for obama have only yourselves to blame for this mess.

Just harken back to November 2008 the joy and glee you had electing the messiah.  remember the transformational moment at Marcy park.   Remember the hope and change you drones tried to convince the rest of us of. 

Did you fools ever imagine it would turnout like this? 

Well, some of us did, and have been proven right. 

BTW - go fuck yourself.   

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2012, 01:59:18 PM »
3333, I thought the left were the ones expected to be crying today.  Your posts can only be described as a childish crybaby like panic attack.

your posts come off this this dude.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2012, 02:03:39 PM »
LOL, even your avatar and quote match the spaz video above.

What's with the, "I don't have to talk to you" crying quote?  Funny thing to write there considering how many times you've stalked others demanding answers.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2012, 02:08:38 PM »
3333, I thought the left were the ones expected to be crying today.  Your posts can only be described as a childish crybaby like panic attack.

your posts come off this this dude.

Ha ha ha.    You mistake crying for laughter.   I am laughing so hard at the complete and total mess the obama admn is in right now.  But even bigger than that is my laughter at those who voted for this shit show somehow thinking voting for the farthest left wing kook in the Senate who never held a real job in his life, and whose entire bio is a msm created lie and fabrication, would somehow have turned out any different than it actually did.  

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2012, 02:09:17 PM »
90 plus post in one day ,how do you even go to the bathroom.can you say colostomy bag  :D :D :D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2012, 02:10:14 PM »
LOL, even your avatar and quote match the spaz video above.

What's with the, "I don't have to talk to you" crying quote?  Funny thing to write there considering how many times you've stalked others demanding answers.

;D  ;D

Listen and learn.  

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2012, 02:21:18 PM »
Tool is, Tool does,

I thought it was a pretty interesting thing to discuss.  Why would voters lean towards Walker yet lean towards Obama.

Instead we have full on meltdown ad hom laced freak out by 333333.   

John Candy all over again. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2012, 02:22:01 PM »

dude - the polls in 2010 definitely showed it coming so why don't you stop crowing about what was already known prior to that election

just like the polls showed in the recall election that Walkers was leading (which is almost certainly why Obama didn't campain for him and also why the Dems didn't put much money into it)

Keep in mind that the Dem candidate had already lost to Walker in 2010 and only became the official candidate less than a month before the election and was ridiculously outspent

Stop bragging about stuff that everyone alreayd knew in advance of the election

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2012, 02:24:15 PM »
Tool is, Tool does,

I thought it was a pretty interesting thing to discuss.  Why would voters lean towards Walker yet lean towards Obama.

I think he flat out doesn't want anyone here talking about anything he doesn't want talked about lol...  He comes unglued if it's not the subject he wants on his terms.  Cartman comes to mind lol...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2012, 02:26:38 PM »
Tool is, Tool does,

LOL!!!!  

YOU ARE ASKING A FALSE QUESTION!  The exit poll was wrong.  

Why is that so hard for you to understand?   T H E  E X I T  P O L L   W A S  W R O N G

AGAIN - FOR YOU LIBTARDS -  THE EXIT POLL WAS WRONG   

________________________ ________________________ ________

Michael Barone’s re-weighted Wisconsin results: Obama 48, Romney 48
 Hotair ^ | 06/06/2012 | AllahPundit

O's showing against Romney in the exits was the one tiny bit of hope that MSNBC clung to late last night, to the point where Lawrence O'Donnell said, with a straight face, that the big winner in Wisconsin had been --- Obama.

Here's Michael Barone stealing the last little bit of their candy:

The Wisconsin exit poll evidently reported the race for governor in the recall ballot as 50%-50%. With 92% of the vote in, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel’s excellent website reports the score as 54%-46% Walker. Let’s say that’s the final results: only 13% of precincts from Milwaukee County and 3% of precincts from Madison’s Dane County --- the Democrats’ two reservoirs of big majorities --- remain uncounted. It has been emblazoned on mainstream media that the exit poll also showed Barack Obama leading Mitt Romney in the state 51%-45%. But if you think the exit poll was 4% too Democratic ... and that’s in line with exit poll discrepancies with actual vote results over the last decade, as documented by the exit poll pioneer, the late Warren Mitofsky* — that result looks more like 49%-47% Romney. Or assume the remaining Milwaukee County precincts whittle Republican Governor Scott Walker’s margin over Democratic Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett to 53%-47%, which looks likely, the Obama-Romney numbers would look like 48%-48%.

This is in a state that Obama carried 56%-42% in 2008. But those putative numbers also look very much like the numbers in 2000, when Al Gore carried Wisconsin 47.8%-47.6% over George W. Bush, or the numbers in 2004, when John Kerry carried Wisconsin 49.7%-49.3% over Bush.

Walker ended up winning by slightly less than seven points, which, per Barone's logic, should mean that Romney actually has a very narrow lead over Obama. Two problems with that, though. First, there were several iterations of exit poll results last night as results came in and, if memory serves, the 51/45 spread for Obama that Barone mentions was only the first of them. The next wave showed Obama’s lead ballooning to 12 points(!) even while it also showed Walker inching out to a four-point lead over Barrett. I lost track of how the exits moved after that (as did lefty Michael Tomasky, who’s otherwise in full “great news for Obama!” spin mode), but ABC seems to have settled on a seven-point Obama lead. If that’s true, then Barone’s “adjustment” analysis would place Obama and Romney in a dead heat. But that leads us to the second complication: He seems to be assuming that there are no crossover voters who prefer both Walker and Obama. I.e., he’s arguing that if the initial Walker/Barrett exit had it 50/50 and Walker ended up winning by seven, you should assume that the same number of voters were erroneously attributed to Obama in the exits when they should have gone to Romney. Is that really safe to assume? Remember, according to the exit poll, fully 60 percent said that governors should be recalled from office only when they’re guilty of misconduct. Could be that there’s some small but significant critical mass of centrist Dems who were queasy about yanking Walker in the middle of this term given the tit-for-tat recall precedent that might set but are prepared to pull the lever for O in November. On the other hand, if Michael Barone tells you one thing and an idiot like me tells you something different, Barone’s conclusion is a safe bet to be more accurate. So he may be right — given the exit polls and final results last night, Wisconsin’s a toss-up.

Then there’s the question of whether the Obama/Romney exit results can be trusted at all. Jay Cost explains:

Here is the question the exit pollsters ask:

If the presidential election were held today, for whom would you vote?

A. Barack Obama, 51 percent.
 B. Mitt Romney, 44 percent.
 C. Would Not Vote, 3 percent.

What is missing from this is the “undecided” category. It’s not even an option, which to my mind really undercuts the utility of this question. To what extent are Obama and Romney “supporters” just being pushed there because they have no undecided option? Could be a lot. Who knows?

Every “undecided” vote at this point is good news for Mitt because it’s a vote that the incumbent has failed to lock up after three years in office. In which case, yeah, Barone’s conclusion makes more sense. Even if Obama does lead by six or seven points, the results last night suggest that that’s a very soft six or seven. And more good news: Marquette is crowing that their last poll of Wisconsin nailed the outcome by predicting a seven-point Walker win, but Guy Benson notes that the same poll also showed Wisconsin deadlocked between Obama and Romney at 46 apiece. Even in a worst-case scenario, in other words, there’s every reason to believe that Romney’s in contention there, albeit facing an uphill battle to win. Is he willing to spend boatloads of dough, a la Walker himself, to try to take it? Or should he take heart that if Wisconsin is already this close, he’s bound to have even more golden opportunities in other swing states? Sean Trende:

Now, this also might be as good as it gets for Republicans, and again the 2012 general electorate will probably be more Democratic than this one. At the same time, Obama doesn’t want a low-to-mid-single-digit win in the Badger State. That would suggest a very close race nationally. Remember, he won the state by 14 points in 2008 while winning nationally by eight, so anything less than a six-point lead in the state is not a great sign for him.

As a final thought, ask yourself this: In June of 2008, do you think Walker could have withstood a recall election? Or in June of 2006? The 2012 electorate probably won’t look like 2010’s, but this stands as yet another data point that suggests the enthusiasm gap that plagued Republicans in the mid-to-late “aughts” has disappeared.

Josh Kraushaar of National Journal came to the same conclusion: If Obama’s five- to seven-point decline in Wisconsin from 2008 holds true across the board, then he’s in desperately deep trouble in closer swing states like Virginia and Ohio. Exit question: Should Romney gamble on Wisconsin or focus elsewhere? Remember, he’s got Wisconsinites Scott Walker, Paul Ryan, and Reince Priebus ready to go bat for him at home. Does that mean he can skip the state and hope that they deliver on his behalf or should he take their success as encouragement to campaign there?

Update: Walker himself says the state is competitive but that Romney is certainly still the underdog.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2012, 02:29:20 PM »
I think he flat out doesn't want anyone here talking about anything he doesn't want talked about lol...  He comes unglued if it's not the subject he wants on his terms.  Cartman comes to mind lol...

Oh STFU you whiney baby.  The issue is the msm fostering a lie and the delusional obama drones acting like its legit. 

AGAIN - FOR YOU IDIOTS

1.  Exit poll showed Walker / Barrett TIED

2.  Exit poll was off by 7 in favor of Walker

3.  The exit poll was wrong. 

4.  Claiming that Obama is up by nine using that same poll which was off by seven is equally wrong. 

Why can't you fools understand this?