Author Topic: Vegas Getbiggers  (Read 2953 times)

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
Vegas Getbiggers
« on: June 06, 2012, 05:20:42 PM »
Going there June 27 to July 3rd.  What are your guys' favourite spots?

(bodybuilding related): Staying at the Venetian - I heard their hotel has a gym, does anyone know if it's any good?  Otherwise, I read that there's a Gold's shortly off the strip, any good gyms actually on the strip?  

Is anyone else going to be there around the same time?

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
Re: Vegas Getbiggers
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 05:31:16 PM »

(bodybuilding related): Staying at the Venetian - I heard their hotel has a gym, does anyone know if it's any good?  Otherwise, I read that there's a Gold's shortly off the strip, any good gyms actually on the strip?  

June 27th....great day....HA

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 05:38:37 PM »
Headed there this weekend with my wife for her 31st. My third trip of the year. I usually go twice a year. It has something to do for couples or single dudes. EDC is this weekend, if it were ten years ago I would've been down.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 06:27:22 PM »

Absurd day rate, if I remember correctly.

Did Keith's gym ever get off the ground?
:

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 07:22:18 PM »

Venetian gym is ok.  I think 30 bucks a day.  Most gyms in the hotels on the strip are fine 4star plus... I always negotiate that with the front desk during check in. If you play they will comp gym visits, massages, etc...

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2012, 07:27:33 PM »
Venetian gym is ok.  I think 30 bucks a day.  

$80 for a 3-day pass.   ::)

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2012, 07:53:40 PM »
June 27th....great day....HA

I don't get it, what's June 27?

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2012, 07:56:29 PM »
Absurd day rate, if I remember correctly.

Did Keith's gym ever get off the ground?

$80 for a 3-day pass.   ::)

Venetian gym is ok.  I think 30 bucks a day.  Most gyms in the hotels on the strip are fine 4star plus... I always negotiate that with the front desk during check in. If you play they will comp gym visits, massages, etc...

Even if you're staying at the venetian you have to pay to use their gym?  I didn't research much but I thought I read somewhere that the hotel has an extra  $20 "resort fee" which has to be paid for each room when you check in, on top of their quoted rate (ex. if two people stay in a room or one person solo its still the same $20 resort fee) and I thought the resort fee covers the gym, but do you still have to pay extra? 

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2012, 07:58:15 PM »
The golds on flamingo road is closed yopu have to get a cab ride out to west lake mead dr.  That is where you will find what you seek.

that sucks, i was thinking of checking that out, I think my local Gold's membership is supposed to work anywhere, not sure it's worth cabbing too far off the strip for a workout though.  How far is west lake mead dr?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2012, 09:19:55 PM »
I don't care if you're a billionaire, if you pay 30.00 to use a bunch of machines for  an hour......you're mental!

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2012, 10:08:44 PM »
Even if you're staying at the venetian you have to pay to use their gym?  I didn't research much but I thought I read somewhere that the hotel has an extra  $20 "resort fee" which has to be paid for each room when you check in, on top of their quoted rate (ex. if two people stay in a room or one person solo its still the same $20 resort fee) and I thought the resort fee covers the gym, but do you still have to pay extra? 

I believe so, but it's been several years since I've been there.  A cab is going to run at least $30 bucks too.
:

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2012, 10:26:08 PM »
The Venetian has The Canyon Ranch Spa.  It is an excellent hotel gym. Excellent.

Expensive though. 
a

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2012, 08:20:22 AM »
For everyone saying it's expensive, was the drop-in or 3-day pass fee quoted to you as a guest at Venetian?  i.e. were you staying at Venetian and they still charged you extra to use their gym, or were you staying at another hotel and just tried dropping in at their gym.

I'm going to be staying there, that's why I ask, my previous understanding is that as a guest at the hotel they let you use their gym for no drop-in charge (it's supposed to be included in the $20/day "resort fee" that you pay regardless of whether or not you actually work out).

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2012, 08:41:50 AM »
For everyone saying it's expensive, was the drop-in or 3-day pass fee quoted to you as a guest at Venetian?  i.e. were you staying at Venetian and they still charged you extra to use their gym, or were you staying at another hotel and just tried dropping in at their gym.

I'm going to be staying there, that's why I ask, my previous understanding is that as a guest at the hotel they let you use their gym for no drop-in charge (it's supposed to be included in the $20/day "resort fee" that you pay regardless of whether or not you actually work out).

I'd call them and check, but I believe you pay above and beyond the resort fee even if you're staying there.  You might be able to schmooze your way out of it once you get there  ;)
:

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2012, 08:42:51 AM »
vegan getbiggers

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2012, 08:54:42 AM »
I don't get it, what's June 27?

birthday

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2012, 09:02:39 AM »

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2012, 07:06:00 PM »
Be there tomorrow, who's gonna be on them tables with me?  Or are you all gonna be at the mirage by the ice machines?

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2012, 11:14:38 PM »
bigblowjobs sounds like he's in the market for a wealthy schmoe.
P

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2012, 11:57:22 PM »
Vegas is a good place for a douche like blinky bob

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2012, 10:00:09 AM »
The Mirage Hotel

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2012, 10:05:32 AM »

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2012, 10:06:30 AM »

I'd call them and check, but I believe you pay above and beyond the resort fee even if you're staying there.  You might be able to schmooze your way out of it once you get there  ;)

ahh well, the hotel is already booked so I'll see what happens when i get there :)

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2012, 10:07:37 AM »
I don't care if you're a billionaire, if you pay 30.00 to use a bunch of machines for  an hour......you're mental!

what about paying $30 for dinner, which is considered normal as long as its not done all the time

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2012, 10:24:29 AM »
what about paying $30 for dinner, which is considered normal as long as its not done all the time

Now, that's a good comparison ::)