Author Topic: isopure zero carb whey protein drinks  (Read 2946 times)

6-pack

• Getbig II
  • Shit is high in protein
isopure zero carb whey protein drinks
« on: November 02, 2005, 04:31:09 PM »
i've been drinking these and they taste amazing.  i was just curious if the protein is any good and my body actual takes it in.  thanks
Dive in me...

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
Re: isopure zero carb whey protein drinks
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2005, 08:11:50 PM »
i've been drinking these and they taste amazing.  i was just curious if the protein is any good and my body actual takes it in.  thanks

wow...second post of yours that is the excact oposite of me...

i tried these about 2 months ago...and at first, i thgought that they didnt taste soo bad...but the aftre taste is just absolutely horrible!!    ughh...like carbonated piss mixed with windex.....

but the protien intake on those drinks is pretty high...like 40 grams per drink, right?
d[-_-]b actin all cool

6-pack

• Getbig II
  • Shit is high in protein
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2005, 10:24:49 AM »
yeah its 40 grams per botttle.  but its like isolated ion whey protein or something, i don't know something weird.  so i just wanted to know if it was a gimmick and the protein is usless.  they taste amazing.
Dive in me...

wack

• Getbig II
  • Go Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2005, 10:51:25 AM »
that shit is nasty....

bald

• Getbig IV
  • Squat Till You Puke!
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2005, 12:25:57 PM »
yeah its 40 grams per botttle.  but its like isolated ion whey protein or something, i don't know something weird.  so i just wanted to know if it was a gimmick and the protein is usless.  they taste amazing.

The protein is good.  Fast obsorbing, so it is best right after a workout.  Not something you want to drink before bed, it will not stay with you that long.
W

BG27

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2005, 02:43:03 PM »
The low carb isopure isnt as bad tasting as the Zero carb.. I didnt realize I got zero carb one day and I thougth they changed the mix on them.. tasted awful.

Bear03

• Getbig IV
  • back in the swing of things
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2005, 03:05:45 PM »
I used to use isopure in high school when i was on my mom's budget....that was before i realized protein shakes could actually taste good...

..........and be affordable.
:-)

Mike

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2005, 08:43:07 PM »
Low Carb Isopure is a gimmick.  You WANT carbs after your workout and Isolate is too quickly absorbed to be taken at any other time.   

I'd get the powder and some maltodextrin or powdered gatorade and mix it....40 grams Isopure, 100 grams Malto/Gatorade

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2005, 10:19:39 PM »
Low Carb Isopure is a gimmick.  You WANT carbs after your workout and Isolate is too quickly absorbed to be taken at any other time.   

I'd get the powder and some maltodextrin or powdered gatorade and mix it....40 grams Isopure, 100 grams Malto/Gatorade

Nice post.

Although going so high with the protein may be a waste of money, as well as fcuking up the ideal protein:carb postworkout ratio.

If you weigh 198 lbs, I'd say 120-140 grams carbs PW with 25-40 grams of protein is a good PWShake. Optional: adding 2-3 grams of creatine, and half a TEAspoon of regular salt.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise