Author Topic: Kevin Sorbo had an aneurysm & 3 strokes  (Read 5303 times)

bike nut

• Getbig V
  • Desperation is a stinky cologne
Re: Kevin Sorbo had an aneurysm & 3 strokes
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2012, 06:56:36 PM »
At least now we know why your girl is steppin out on you. ;)

That's kinda cool....I had to come to Getbig to find out I had a girl.  ;D

Or were you talking about your Mom?

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2012, 07:42:25 PM »
That's remarkable!  They were talking about strokes on "The Doctor's" show today (Kevin was on) and explaining on the different parts of the brain that can be affected.  Depends on where it happens as to what will ultimately be affected (left side, right side, back, etc.).  Scary shit. Kevin was only 38 when it happened to him.  They said every 40 SECONDS, someone in America suffers a stroke.  Time is of the essence to seek medical care.  Don't ignore something that "isn't right".

My uncle never really recovered his speech or right mobiltiy.  He's in a wheel chair.  It's hard to see someone like that who was once so strong and independent.

So what was the outcome?  How are you doing now?  Was there any accountability on the chiro's part?

I think that is one of my biggest fears ~ a stroke.  That and Alzheimer's.  Seriously.

It was kind of fucked up the way it went down. He adjusted my neck, and I turned over so he could adjust my back, and I started to feel sick. I threw up in the trash can and he started asking things like, "did you go out drinking last night?". He then took my blood pressure, and by this time I was losing vision in my left eye and left arm was numb. He called an ambulance, and he was talking to his secretary and told her I wasn't feeling good. Anyways, I though I was going to die. They came and got me, I went to the hospital, and those idiots diagnosed me with vertigo. I got discharged after 7 hours and went home and went to bed, it was 5 in the evening. A few days later, I was talking to a buddy who is an EMT, and he was like, "dude, you had a stroke".  Two days after that, my sister in law read an article about chiropractors causing strokes from neck manipulations. So I went to my doctor, and he sent me to a neurologist. She did an MRI, and told me I had a stroke. Was going to maybe sue, but didn't want to be one of those people. I'm fine and the neurologist said it was a freak accident, and I won't have any other issues. I have no clots, or any holes in my heart to cause the stroke. It was caused by him pinching my corotid artery, and temporarily stopping blood flow.

BOW

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2012, 07:58:30 PM »
It was kind of fucked up the way it went down. He adjusted my neck, and I turned over so he could adjust my back, and I started to feel sick. I threw up in the trash can and he started asking things like, "did you go out drinking last night?". He then took my blood pressure, and by this time I was losing vision in my left eye and left arm was numb. He called an ambulance, and he was talking to his secretary and told her I wasn't feeling good. Anyways, I though I was going to die. They came and got me, I went to the hospital, and those idiots diagnosed me with vertigo. I got discharged after 7 hours and went home and went to bed, it was 5 in the evening. A few days later, I was talking to a buddy who is an EMT, and he was like, "dude, you had a stroke".  Two days after that, my sister in law read an article about chiropractors causing strokes from neck manipulations. So I went to my doctor, and he sent me to a neurologist. She did an MRI, and told me I had a stroke. Was going to maybe sue, but didn't want to be one of those people. I'm fine and the neurologist said it was a freak accident, and I won't have any other issues. I have no clots, or any holes in my heart to cause the stroke. It was caused by him pinching my corotid artery, and temporarily stopping blood flow.
what you had was called a TIA or a transient ischemic attack not a stroke. strokes are either classified as hemorrahgic (loss of blood from arteries) or thrombotic (traveling blood clot). TIA's happen when there is a sudden decrease of oxygenation or tissue perfusion into the brain. 99% of the time they are mild or "harmless" with no lasting residual effects.

usmcdevildoc

• Getbig III
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2012, 08:00:12 PM »
Hey Kevin you need to befriend a doctor and sue your chiropractor's butt off.

This is what happened:  He manipulated your neck.  You have 2 vertebral arteries passing right up through the bony prominences in the cervical spine, as well as 2 carotids in the front, but not associated with the spine.  THE PROBLEM IS CALLED A VERTEBRAL ARTERY DISSECTION THAT CAUSE YOUR STROKE. The nausea and vomiting was related to brainstem involvement from the beginning of the stroke and the visual loss or obscuration was related to the clot extending up into the occipital lobes of the brain (these are supplied the posterior circulation of the brain-- the VERTEBRAL ARTERIES)!

DUDE U ARE LUCKY TO BE ALIVE. You got one year to make a legal claim after the identification of the problem at hand.   Hell you will be able to keep supplied with some premium gear for the rest of your life and be able to move to the beach!  Think about it.  Your neurologist does not know what the f'ck she is talking about. Hell maybe she needs to be boned up to see it your way.
 ???

nkhp

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2012, 08:06:47 PM »
This kind of disturbs me

"Meanwhile, Sorbo visited a chiropractor, who cracked his neck. Something about this alarmed Sorbo, but it wasn’t until he was driving home that he started feeling dizzy."

Chiropractors are fucking quacks. People have died from getting neck "adjustments".

10yrs ago my fiance was waiting to get adjusted at the chiro, and the lady that was before died from a neck adjustment!! They can do your neck with a special tool, i cant remember the name of it. but yes stay away from them very dangerous.

usmcdevildoc

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2012, 08:13:04 PM »
Yea like 1997== A lot of good it is going to make the acknowledgment public 15 years after the fact!!!  He probably "settled", and is already living at the beach! Wonder if he boned his neurologist?? :o

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2012, 02:47:38 AM »
I was always more of a Xena warrior princess fan.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2012, 09:04:28 AM »
what you had was called a TIA or a transient ischemic attack not a stroke. strokes are either classified as hemorrahgic (loss of blood from arteries) or thrombotic (traveling blood clot). TIA's happen when there is a sudden decrease of oxygenation or tissue perfusion into the brain. 99% of the time they are mild or "harmless" with no lasting residual effects.

My EMT buddy called it a TIA, the neurologist called it an actual stroke, but she was Chinese and maybe it was lost in translation. It was actually 4 small spots, she called them necrosis of the tissue. Said since I was so young,  26 at the time, that it shouldn't be a problem. It's funny, I talked to a lawyer in my gym about it before my two years to sue ran up, and he told me he had litigated a case in the area a few years prior and had won, but that lady sustained permanent effects. What was more funny, is some dude overheard me talking to the lawyer and asked about what i was talking about. He then told me he was a chiropractor, and that that was why he didn't do above the shoulder manipulation because of that reason. He told me the guy knew exactly what he had done, and that was why he was asking me questions about drinking and such. Also, when I went to the cardiologist to see if I had the PFO in my heart, the anesthesiologist asked why I was there. I told her the story, and she told me her husband was on the board for chiropractors, and she had heard about my case through her husband. I guess these snake oil salesmen have to go in front of a board of review when they fuck up.

BOW

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2012, 12:19:50 PM »
My EMT buddy called it a TIA, the neurologist called it an actual stroke, but she was Chinese and maybe it was lost in translation. It was actually 4 small spots, she called them necrosis of the tissue. Said since I was so young,  26 at the time, that it shouldn't be a problem. It's funny, I talked to a lawyer in my gym about it before my two years to sue ran up, and he told me he had litigated a case in the area a few years prior and had won, but that lady sustained permanent effects. What was more funny, is some dude overheard me talking to the lawyer and asked about what i was talking about. He then told me he was a chiropractor, and that that was why he didn't do above the shoulder manipulation because of that reason. He told me the guy knew exactly what he had done, and that was why he was asking me questions about drinking and such. Also, when I went to the cardiologist to see if I had the PFO in my heart, the anesthesiologist asked why I was there. I told her the story, and she told me her husband was on the board for chiropractors, and she had heard about my case through her husband. I guess these snake oil salesmen have to go in front of a board of review when they fuck up.
im glad to hear you have no lasting problems bro. ive taken care of many stoke patients and it is one of the most debilitating diseases out there. scary thing is,a lot of strokes are happening to people in their 40's. i had a guy few months back come into the ER who was 37 yrs old with a left sided thrombotic stroke, i gave the thrombolytic agent anecteplase to him but unfortunately it didnt work to well for him. Left him with right sided weakness/paralysis and had problems verbally communicating with people among his many problems.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2012, 12:21:18 PM »
I think you did suffer some kind of residual damage.  You are a Ravens fan.

bike nut

• Getbig V
  • Desperation is a stinky cologne
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2012, 12:25:57 PM »
Apparently one of the side effects of strokes is that you no longer write in paragraphs....