Author Topic: Wanderlei Silva Forced Into Retirement  (Read 3107 times)

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
Wanderlei Silva Forced Into Retirement
« on: June 23, 2012, 09:52:53 PM »
Word is that Dana White thinks it's time for Wanderlei to retire.

Dana White forced Chuck Liddell and Mark Coleman into retirement as well.

Thanks for all the great fights Wanderlei!

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
Re: Wanderlei Silva Forced Into Retirement
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 09:54:07 PM »
I said something wrong and I made the girl cry. I’m not sure why. But we ended up fucking anyway. Do I have to change anything? Nope. Everything is fine. Carry on.
Y

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 12:19:33 AM »
I wish they would of stopped the fight at the end of the second round after the flash k.o. I doubt Dana will force him to retire since he didn't get knocked out. He's been fighting since 96 what other fighters in mma are still doing well? Give him one more fight against a can so he can go out on a high note.

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 12:35:55 AM »
I wish they would of stopped the fight at the end of the second round after the flash k.o. I doubt Dana will force him to retire since he didn't get knocked out. He's been fighting since 96 what other fighters in mma are still doing well? Give him one more fight against a can so he can go out on a high note.

I don't think that would satisfy him though.  I mean that is like me fighting a blind amputee just so I could say I won my last fight.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 06:15:02 AM »
Give him one more fight against a can

They did and he lost , he has nothing left ,he's too predictable and slow, it's time to retire.

PS: BTW Wanderlei and Nogueira my favorite fighters of all time.

epic_alien

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2012, 12:50:28 PM »
fake cock

Tyr

• Getbig IV
  • Head of deliverance
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2012, 02:41:06 PM »
Wander lei is too civilized now. The axe murderer persona is long gone. Whatever happened to the stone cold staredown before the fight?  Spent most of the fight being stalked by Franklin. Most of that old school aggressiveness seems to have left him since he started fighting for the UFC. He's called out Chael recently but in his present condition Chael would maul him.

He is a legend in the sport. I hope he can exit with his head held high.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2012, 03:22:55 PM »
If Wander Lee decided to go vegetarian he would find himself renewed and more youthful  stronger and faster but fatter and have to move up a weightclass and destroy the devision
A

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2012, 04:30:54 PM »
If Wander Lee decided to go vegetarian he would find himself renewed and more youthful  stronger and faster but fatter and have to move up a weightclass and destroy the devision
Your vegetarian lifestyle will be the end of you. You're fat, you believe thats healthy. Your organs are seething in fat. CHF is in your vegetarian future, hth.
T

sean

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2012, 05:11:40 PM »
Word is that Dana White thinks it's time for Wanderlei to retire.

Dana White forced Chuck Liddell and Mark Coleman into retirement as well.

Thanks for all the great fights Wanderlei!

Likely because he's been around them long enough to know when they've had enough. How much brain damage have these three seen in a say, a 5year time frame?  If you knew them, you'd probably be pleading with them to stop before they couldn't even group together a sentence! All this football suicide drama will probably spill over to MMA with the topic of concussions.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2012, 05:57:39 PM »
Your vegetarian lifestyle will be the end of you. You're fat, you believe thats healthy. Your organs are seething in fat. CHF is in your vegetarian future, hth.
i flush my system out daily with 40 ounces of beans dude, my cholesterol and blood pressure are all in check

what you see is the fat but dont let it deicive you. im just a man carrying around 100 pound of solid EXTRA weight

its like a man walking around with 2 - 50 pound dumbells, those dumbells just stress his muscles and work him out they do NOT hinder his health
A

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2012, 07:33:22 AM »
Wandy is obviously past his prime.

However, do I care if he continues to fight?  Of course not.  UFC shouldn't force a retirement on anyone.  Let him fight lower calibre fighters.  One's he can compete with.  He'll always be a draw.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2012, 07:38:53 AM »
He should pack his bags and give his expertise to the younger generation full time - just a harm to his legacy now.

RancherRanger

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2012, 12:02:25 PM »
He should have retired a long time ago.  Funny how the only UFC highlight they had for him was when he knocked out glass jaw Jardine! 

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2012, 12:08:53 PM »
he looked like a walking punch bag against franklin
T

claymore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2012, 01:18:41 PM »
He should have retired a long time ago.  Funny how the only UFC highlight they had for him was when he knocked out glass jaw Jardine! 

Agreed

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2012, 02:46:26 PM »
I'm a big wand nut hugger but it's time to hang them up. He still has dynamite in his hands but his reflexes, speed, and a lot of his aggression are gone. He dropped down to 185 because he was to small for 205 thing is he still looks small for 185. One more retirement fight against a mid tier fighter. 
Rich actually looked pretty damn good on Saturday.

Another thing why the hell hasn't he hopped on trt?

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2012, 02:52:56 PM »
If he didn't have to fight Brazilians...Rich might rule the world.