Author Topic: Is Jesus' Sacrifice Forever?  (Read 10935 times)

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
Re: Is Jesus' Sacrifice Forever?
« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2012, 07:36:56 AM »
I think it would only be childish if its content were full of dicks and vajayjays or some such. As is, it is a rather sarcastic post, with the sarcasm indicating rather clearly that you have no idea what you are talking about.

It is nothing personal really, it is just the facts. For example, if I went to a conference for string theorists and began lecturing them about the absurdity of their theories despite my not having studied any of them nor even being adequately acquainted with the field to even try, I would be called out as well.
You are being in-mature, one of my professors of physics thought evolution was stupid, a lot of intelligent people that have studied evolution extensively think it is a stupid theory so get mad and start with you pointless remarks cause you are just making an ass of yourself

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2012, 07:44:04 AM »
You are being in-mature, one of my professors of physics thought evolution was stupid, a lot of intelligent people that have studied evolution extensively think it is a stupid theory so get mad and start with you pointless remarks cause you are just making an ass of yourself

I doubt he thought it was "stupid." Her may have disagreed with the theory of evolution (although I don't quite buy that either) but even if he did, I don't see why it would matter.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #52 on: July 03, 2012, 07:48:29 AM »
I doubt he thought it was "stupid." Her may have disagreed with the theory of evolution (although I don't quite buy that either) but even if he did, I don't see why it would matter.
Yes he did think it was stupid, his exact words " it's stupid". But you are right it doesn't matter, to each their own, but ding dong over here seems to think that only people who don't know what they are talking about go against evolution.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: July 03, 2012, 08:20:40 AM »
Yes he did think it was stupid, his exact words " it's stupid". But you are right it doesn't matter, to each their own, but ding dong over here seems to think that only people who don't know what they are talking about go against evolution.

Frankly, only people who don't know what they're talking about or who have personal beliefs that override everything else "go against" evolution, when there's a significant - some would say overwhelming - amount of evidence in its favor, which means that it will almost certainly be a subset of any subsequent theory.

As for your professor, without knowing more about his position, I can't say much, but I'd question the scientific credentials of anyone whose opinion on a topic of active scientific inquiry is so nuanced as to boil down to "it's stupid."

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2012, 08:28:22 AM »
Frankly, only people who don't know what they're talking about or who have personal beliefs that override everything else "go against" evolution, when there's a significant - some would say overwhelming - amount of evidence in its favor, which means that it will almost certainly be a subset of any subsequent theory.

As for your professor, without knowing more about his position, I can't say much, but I'd question the scientific credentials of anyone whose opinion on a topic of active scientific inquiry is so nuanced as to boil down to "it's stupid."
Spoken like a fundamentalist ^^^^

Your perception is your perception only not everyone else's and lots of scientist that know everything about evolution are against it and many that don't even believe in God, don't be so closed-minded.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: July 03, 2012, 08:38:14 AM »
Spoken like a fundamentalist ^^^^

What part, exactly?

Your perception is your perception only not everyone else's and lots of scientist that know everything about evolution are against it and many that don't even believe in God, don't be so closed-minded.

There's really no doubt that the theory of evolution is correct as a general framework, and there's no scientist that I know of that disputes evolution qua evolution. Any anyone who does should be laughed out of the club: evolution is easily observable in rapidly replicating organisms, such as viruses. That's not to say that evolution is the end-all theory, but, as I said before, it'll almost certainly be at least a subset of any future theory in the field.

Anyone who dismisses a theory which has so much evidence behind it outright, like your physics professor, is a joke.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #56 on: July 03, 2012, 08:45:32 AM »
What part, exactly?

There's really no doubt that the theory of evolution is correct as a general framework, and there's no scientist that I know of that disputes evolution qua evolution. Any anyone who does should be laughed out of the club: evolution is easily observable in rapidly replicating organisms, such as viruses. That's not to say that evolution is the end-all theory, but, as I said before, it'll almost certainly be at least a subset of any future theory in the field.

Anyone who dismisses a theory which has so much evidence behind it outright, like your physics professor, is a joke.
Wow, you are a rebel, serious do you feel cool making remarks like those outlined.

When you use the words "anyone" or "only people"...... this is the behaviour of a fundamentalist. "rapidly replicating organisms" of course there are a lot of truth to the theory. No one is saying that the whole theory is wrong.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: July 03, 2012, 08:48:15 AM »
When you use the words "anyone" or "only people"...... this is the behaviour of a fundamentalist.

I don't think that fundamentalism means what you think it means.

"rapidly replicating organisms" of course there are a lot of truth to the theory. No one is saying that the whole theory is wrong.

Well, almost no one. Don't forget your physics professor who calls evolution stupid... ::)

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #58 on: July 03, 2012, 08:56:43 AM »
I don't think that fundamentalism means what you think it means.

Well, almost no one. Don't forget your physics professor who calls evolution stupid... ::)
are you done speaking for everyone?

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: July 03, 2012, 09:00:25 AM »
are you done speaking for everyone?

What an answer! In the form of a question, no less!

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #60 on: July 04, 2012, 03:01:08 AM »
At least one person believes in Santa
at least one person believes in the boogyman
Only a retard would believe what you are proposing. I agree with you, I would never say just cause one intelligent person believes that evolution is wrong, therefor it must be wrong, stop putting words in my mouth and stop wasting your time on obvious stupidity.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #61 on: July 04, 2012, 05:07:06 PM »
You are a rather confused person that does not understand how the language you are using functions (especially implicature), and clearly have a very limited understanding of the world. I won't comment on whether this reflects a lack of intelligence as I don't have enough information to know. In any case, I will no longer attempt to discuss these sorts of matters with you as it is like discussing it with a child who does not have the capacity to understand. Best of look in all your future endeavors.
Thank God, anything to get rid of you, you don't discuss anything, you make fun, you mock, you put words into my mouth and claim I meant something I didn't. Not 1 argument from you, so what discussions are you going to stop, you haven't discussed a damn thing. You attack my English, lol,... this is the internet, no one cares to write correctly. I run my own roofing biz. I come on here for a couple min at a time, do you think I have time or even care to write correctly, not even relevant to the discussion of whether a supreme being exist or not, wake up bro, stick to the topic, stop being emotional and stop with your dumb belittling posts, they accomplish nothing.

Cheers  :)

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2012, 02:02:07 PM »
How do you guys explain Mermaids?  I saw a special.  I'm an expert now.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2012, 03:04:50 PM »
I've yet to hear a cogent answer on why this convoluted system of salvation needs to be in place, and why the God of love can't just forgive us all and be done with it.
Without being insulting, I don't think there's a cogent answer that will satisfy you.  Salvation doesn't jive with your intellect because you know everything about God and yet know nothing of God.  It's all theory and no application and without application via faith you can't bridge the gap.  

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #64 on: August 11, 2012, 02:01:58 AM »
Let's accept the (just somewhat) controversial idea that Jesus was the son of God and that he did in fact die for our sins. Is this sacrifice forever in the sense that it covers all subsequent sinning? I'm not convinced that this is necessarily the case, for Jesus was after all sent down at a particular time and place. Maybe the sinning up to that point was covered.

Can it really be that Jesus' acts still cover the Holocaust and other such boundless depravity on the part of human beings? Perhaps after the Holocaust God retracted the "here's another chance at being saved" offer. Or, if it hasn't quite happened yet, perhaps the revocation will in due time (because the depravity surely will continue).

I know it's a part of the mythology that the offer will continue to stand. But I'm wondering, have any of you considered that at some point humans may become beyond "saving"?
Adolf Hitler Quotes

As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice.

I believe today that my conduct is in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator.

I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature.

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed.

It is always more difficult to fight against faith than against knowledge.

Who says I am not under the special protection of God?

V

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #65 on: August 15, 2012, 05:54:07 PM »
Adolf Hitler Quotes

As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice.

I believe today that my conduct is in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator.

I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature.

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed.

It is always more difficult to fight against faith than against knowledge.

Who says I am not under the special protection of God?

Anyone may lay claim to anything.  By his deeds, Hitler showed himself to be no follower of Christ.  That is obvious to anyone with even a modicum of honesty.  Hitler was scum.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #66 on: August 16, 2012, 10:14:33 AM »
Anyone may lay claim to anything.  By his deeds, Hitler showed himself to be no follower of Christ.  That is obvious to anyone with even a modicum of honesty.  Hitler was scum.
Hitler was an altar boy! HA HA Religion attracts all type of degenerates - Religion itself is degenerate - Remember The Reichskonkordat - the Churches were complicit in the extermination of Jews and the tacit consent of Hitler's actions while the Jews and the Poles dug their own graves and were slaughtered.  Yeah Religion is awesome!
V

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #67 on: August 16, 2012, 05:09:45 PM »
Hitler was an altar boy! HA HA Religion attracts all type of degenerates - Religion itself is degenerate - Remember The Reichskonkordat - the Churches were complicit in the extermination of Jews and the tacit consent of Hitler's actions while the Jews and the Poles dug their own graves and were slaughtered.  Yeah Religion is awesome!

I put no stock in "religion" and even less in mankind.