Author Topic: Vitor Spells Victorious!  (Read 11842 times)

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
Re: Vitor Spells Victorious!
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2012, 04:01:43 PM »
  Vitor's main weaknesses are his cardio and his chin. The best way to beat him is to stall the fight until the second or third round, at which point he is exhausted and can be finished easily. In the first round, Vitor is one of the 3 most dangerous fighters ever in any weight division. Also, one hit to the chin is all it takes to KO him. The guy crumbles to strikes.

The fighters who do the best against him are kickboxers who can utilize their knees and legs effectively to outrange him and KO him or take him to decisions, like Anderson Silva and Overeem. Wrestlers usually don't do that well against him because he has great TD defense and even if you get him there he has nasty jiu-jitsu. Remember that Vitor is a black belt under Carlson Gracie, and that actually means something unlike being a BJJ black belt under the Nogueira brothers.

Sonnen would have a hard time getting Vitor down and unlike with Anderson, I don't think Sonnen would be able to simply eat through Vitor's devastating jabs to get the TD. He would likely get KOd if he tried to do that. Anderson is a more talented striker than Vitor, but he does not have the devastating power with his fists that Vitor has. If Sonnnen takes Vitor down, he has to deal with a guy who has almost Werdum-like level of BJJ, and we all know that Sonnen's submission defenses are terrible.

Conclusion: Vitor wins by KO or TKO in the first round, or by submission in the second or third round.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Fair break down of the fight, but i'd still give an edge to Chael just because of how tough and hard to beat he is. You are right about Vitor being the most dangerous fighter on the planet in the first round though, he is really that good. Theres an interview Sonnen did where he talks about how good Vitor really is and how he has trouble putting it all together sometimes, he sounds like he has a HUGE amount of respect for Belfort and what hes done in the last 15 years.

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2012, 04:15:59 PM »
Vitor had an excellent first round against Ortiz and i still maintain that the fight was a draw. His cardio has been an issue but hes not going far enough in a fight these days for it to be a factor - its often his lack of tactical offence and defense that beat him as opposed to the man hes facing. I wouldnt say that ive ever seen him well and truly overwhelmed by anyone he has faced, he has a record that should be MUCH better than it reads - think Ronnie O'Sullivan in a cage. He had major issues with his sisters murder that haunted him but hes through it now, i still dont believe that hes the same threat to Sonnen that he once was as Rumble had the fight and lost it.

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2012, 04:18:41 PM »
Vitor had an excellent first round against Ortiz and i still maintain that the fight was a draw. His cardio has been an issue but hes not going far enough in a fight these days for it to be a factor - its often his lack of tactical offence and defense that beat him as opposed to the man hes facing. I wouldnt say that ive ever seen him well and truly overwhelmed by anyone he has faced, he has a record that should be MUCH better than it reads - think Ronnie O'Sullivan in a cage. He had major issues with his sisters murder that haunted him but hes through it now, i still dont believe that hes the same threat to Sonnen that he once was as Rumble had the fight and lost it.

True. He had a real bad streak after his sister went missing.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2012, 06:25:12 PM »
 Vitor would crush Sonnen in less than one minute. Sonnen leaves his guard open every time he goes for the takedown, and that is perfect for a puncher like Vitor who is so good at using straight jabs with great speed.

And Stann is not primarilly a striker. Are you kidding me? How can you compare both? Brain Stann does not have the fist speed of Vitor. He doesen't have the reflexes of Vitor either, the way that Vitor can see openings and then move in and finish his opponent with those lightning-fast straight jabs. Vitor has the greatest finisher jabs in MMA history due to his ability to perceive openings and then deliver the jabs with great speed and power.

Face it, dude: Vitor at 100% is one of the top 5 MMA fighters ever in all weight classes. This is odd because he is a pretty one-dimensional fighter. He Has nothing besides a great eye at seeing openings in his opponent's guard and devastatingly fast and powerful straight jabs which he uses to finish his opponents in short range. But this is all he needed to win 2 UFC belts and almost a third.

SUCKMYMUSCLE
LOl, Vitor top 5?  Look, he is dangerous in the first few minutes of a fight. If he can't hurt someone in that time, then he is in trouble.  He was also juiced to the gills in his prime. Hope this helps.  Don't let your love for Vitor cloud your judgement (I do the same for Mir) Vitor is a one trick pony.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2012, 12:33:24 PM »
vitor broke his hand and is out of the wanderlie fight :o
R

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2012, 02:50:09 PM »
vitor broke his hand and is out of the wanderlie fight :o
They might as well cancel that pay per view then  :-X  It was already complete shit to begin with.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2012, 08:48:30 AM »
i heard lebans steppin up to fight wanderlie
R

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2012, 10:49:30 AM »
i heard lebans steppin up to fight wanderlie

I'd love to see a rematch of that one. 

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2012, 07:43:12 AM »
I'd love to see a rematch of that one. 
That should't even be a co-main event these days.  They have that as the main event?  Dana shitting all over the brazil fans.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2012, 12:44:37 PM »
vitor was juiced to the gills when he fought randy the first time :o, ive always liked belfort and thought he had great talent, he never seem to get the cardio quite right though. when he fought randy the first time commentator jeff blatnick was saying how vitor was the best in the world on the ground/bjj ::) although vitor is a legit bjj bb he was/is far from the best in the world. carlson gave vitor his black belt in the trailor before vitor came walkin out to fight randy in their first fight, this is no disrespect to the late carlson gracie or vitor but they hyped vitor up to much back then and randy took him into the deeper water and exposed his holes. vitors a really cool dude and is very dangerous in the first 7-8 minutes of a fight
R

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2012, 05:19:58 AM »
rich franklin will be fighting wanderlie at ufc 47
R

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2012, 06:58:45 PM »
Vitor's been breaking his hands from delivering beatings for years, this is news?

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2012, 09:37:31 AM »
 :)
R