Author Topic: George Zimmerman passed two lie detector tests by Sanford investigators  (Read 5148 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Why hasn't the MSM jumped all over this? 

Trayvon Martin case: George Zimmerman passed two lie detector tests by Sanford investigators
By KYLE HIGHTOWER, Associated Press

ORLANDO, Fla. — Murder defendant George Zimmerman could have defused the deadly confrontation with Trayvon Martin if he would have identified himself as a member of neighborhood watch and he passed two lie detector tests when questioned by investigators, according to a report released Tuesday.

More documents in the second-degree murder case against the 28-year-old were released that included investigators' accounts of the night of Feb. 26, when Zimmerman killed Martin after following the unarmed teenager through a gated community in Sanford. He has pleaded not guilty and has said from the night of the fight that he feared for his life because Martin was beating him up before Zimmerman grabbed his gun in his holster and shot the 17-year-old.

Sanford detective Christopher Serino said in the report that Zimmerman at first verbally confronted Martin from his car and that the defendant and witnesses said he was too afraid of Martin to get out. Later in the encounter, Zimmerman got out of his SUV and followed Martin.

"His actions are inconsistent of those of a person who has stated he was in fear of another subject," Serino wrote.

Based on his investigation, Serino recommended a charge of manslaughter to the state attorney but Zimmerman wasn't charged until more than a month later. Serino has been reassigned to the patrol division by his request, according to a news release from Sanford police on Tuesday.

Another investigator wrote that on the night of the shooting, two computer voice stress tests they gave to Zimmerman indicated he wasn't lying about what happened.

Zimmerman answered a series of questions by speaking into a microphone that was plugged into a computer. The answers produce a voice pattern on the computer, which are analyzed for truthfulness. It differs from traditional lie detectors, which involve wires or electrodes attached to the person that monitor pulse rates.

Results from either test are usually not admissible in court.

Orlando-based defense attorney Randy McClain said Zimmerman passing the test won't show up at trial because Florida courts have deemed them unreliable based on a 1923 case. It established that results of scientific tests or procedures are admissible as evidence only when the tests or procedures have gained general acceptance in the particular field to which they belong.

"When it's released to the public like this it may have effect on respective jurors and create a bias, but at the trial I don't think it will have any bearing because it hasn't been found to be admissible," McClain said.

McClain said he couldn't recall any criminal cases in Florida where a lie detector result was admitted as evidence.

He did say, though, that the defense would likely try to call attention to the fact that Serino recommended a lesser charge for Zimmerman.

"They're going to say that he had the opportunity to review all interviews and didn't recommend second-degree murder," McClain said. "But the state is going to come back and point out that he did believe charges were appropriate. There will be a lot of back and forth, but at the end of the day I think it will hurt Zimmerman more that he had opportunity to ID himself and disobeyed the advice of the 911 operator and pursued Martin."

A message left with Zimmerman's attorney was not immediately returned.

Zimmerman said Martin had been on top of him, slamming his head against the ground and smothering his mouth and nose with his hand and arm. He told investigators he grabbed his gun from a holster on his waist before Martin could get it, and shot the teenager once in the chest. A tape released by his lawyer shows two butterfly bandages on the back of Zimmerman's head and another on his nose.
Zimmerman claims he shot the teen in self-defense, under Florida's "stand your ground" law. Martin's parents have said Zimmerman was the aggressor.

Zimmerman's original bond was a revoked by a judge who ruled he lied about his finances and he remains in jail awaiting a second bond hearing scheduled for Friday.

http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/national/trayvon-martin-case-george-zimmerman-passed-two-lie-detector-tests-by-sanford-investigators

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Rob, your thoughts on this little bit of news?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
LMFAO - "two computer voice stress tests they gave to Zimmerman indicated he wasn't lying about what happened

yeah, he's a FLorida resident heading to Target for another 12 pack on a sunday afternoon.  He'd gonna be pretty relaxed in the voice tests.  Plus his dad probably gave him a valium to calm his ass down when he arrived at the station to make that pesky manslaughter charge go away.  

I love it how anyone sides with an irresponsible gun owner like this... tried to play hero every tho cops were on the way.  He got his ass whooped by a kid.  He lied under oath atbout the $ he was hiding.  He blamed stand your ground - when the author of that bill said it doesnt apply.

zimmerman the obama voter is a bag of crap, period.  this test is inadmissable.  I hope he pleads and this story goes away.  Dickheads like bloomberg are gonna milk this for their anti-gun agendas.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
i do think the charge should have been manslaughter - not murder.

but then again, the prosecutors have more access to evidence than we do.  he did have a history of arrests for violence, state-mandated alcohol treatment, an assault on LEO... a whole lot of trying to reign justice down on others.

so who knows.  hiding all that $ from the judge was a dumb move and really showed he isn't a credible man.  I dont believe anything he tried to explain about the shooting.  the tape speaks volumes.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Haha first it was a 16 oz tall boy, then a sixer, now a 12 pack...does the next scenario include a dolly and a keg placed in the backseat, purchased from the nearest liquor store?? 8)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Wasn't this info just released yesterday and reported in the MSM (that's where I read it)
There was also a police investigtor report that said Zimmermans actions were not consistent with him claim of being afraid of Marrti, that he didn't identify himself as a neighborhood watch person to Martin , that he had several chances to difuse the situation and I rhink also that he was not in a lifethreatning situation.      That's all from memory so maybe someone can confirm or ammend that info

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
Lie detector tests are "Unreliable, Unscientific and Biased" so who cares whether he passed or failed?

Lets get some real evidence, not this nonsense from both sides, as this has become a right vs left battle.
Abandon every hope...

240 is Back

• Getbig V

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
a bit of victimhood here, calling out the mainstream media.

USA Today, NBC, ABC, CBS, all broke the story on June 27th.

Ironically the story is NOT on the FOX NEWS.com home page:
http://www.foxnews.com/

So really, it's like the mainstream media IS all over this story, and FOX is not.

https://www.google.com/#hl=en&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&q=nbc+George+Zimmerman+passed+two+lie+detector+tests+by+Sanford+investigators+&oq=nbc+George+Zimmerman+passed+two+lie+detector+tests+by+Sanford+investigators+&gs_l=hp.3...1172.1841.0.2215.5.5.0.0.0.0.340.903.0j4j0j1.5.0...0.0.wqs-svs7cT0&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=5a9ec88fe0d08128&biw=1843&bih=864

exactly

maybe Bum only gets his news from Fox and Newsmax and WND.com

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
I love how they use "voice stress test" instead of polygraph.

Both are hacks at best and can be beaten all day long.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
exactly

maybe Bum only gets his news from Fox and Newsmax and WND.com

I kinda respect that FOX is ignoring this non-story and is focused upon things that matter, like dems jumping the aisle to pile on Eric Holder with the repubs.

I can't imagine being upset the MSM isn't ignoring Holder story to talk about an inadmissable analysis on a man who had his bail revoked for lying to a judge.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
a bit of victimhood here, calling out the mainstream media.

USA Today, NBC, ABC, CBS, all broke the story on June 27th.

Ironically the story is NOT on the FOX NEWS.com home page:

So really, it's like the mainstream media IS all over this story, and FOX is not.

https://www.google.com/#hl=en&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&q=nbc+George+Zimmerman+passed+two+lie+detector+tests+by+Sanford+investigators+&oq=nbc+George+Zimmerman+passed+two+lie+detector+tests+by+Sanford+investigators+&gs_l=hp.3...1172.1841.0.2215.5.5.0.0.0.0.340.903.0j4j0j1.5.0...0.0.wqs-svs7cT0&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=5a9ec88fe0d08128&biw=1843&bih=864

Right.  You lying liar.  I heard the story on Fox News.  lol 

And now the lying liar doesn't think polygraph tests are reliable?   ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Right.  You lying liar.  I heard the story on Fox News.  lol 

And now the lying liar doesn't think polygraph tests are reliable?   ::)

Doesn't matter if they're reliable.  Matters if they are admissable.   They are not.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polygraph

And if you want to address reliability - highly confident people are able to beat them all the time.  Even if it is liquid confidence.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polygraph#Countermeasures

You are the one who accused the "MSM" of not covering it.  It appears from the links above that they did in fact cover it.

Finally, the word 'zimmerman' does not appear on the fox new web page at the moment.

I'm not under 8, or over 80, so I consider the actual tv network to be rubbish.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Right.  You lying liar. I heard the story on Fox News.  lol  
And now the lying liar doesn't think polygraph tests are reliable?   ::)

so this latest round of info was just released yesterday and widely report in the MSM so why did start the thread by claiming the MSM hadn't "jumped on it" sufficiently

what more "jumping on it" would they need to do to satisfy you?

James

Finally, the word 'zimmerman' does not appear on the fox new web page at the moment.

"Another investigator wrote that on the night of the shooting, two computer voice stress tests they gave to Zimmerman indicated he wasn't lying about what happened."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/26/report-zimmerman-didnt-id-self-as-watch-leader/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

Doesn't matter if they're reliable.  Matters if they are admissable.   They are not.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polygraph

And if you want to address reliability - highly confident people are able to beat them all the time.  Even if it is liquid confidence.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polygraph#Countermeasures

You are the one who accused the "MSM" of not covering it.  It appears from the links above that they did in fact cover it.

No, you lying liar, I "heard" it on Fox News.  Did not hear it on CNN, and I watch both almost every day for at least a little while.  Who cares if you found website stories?  If he would have failed a polygraph it would have been all over the network news.  Would likely have been the lead story.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

"Another investigator wrote that on the night of the shooting, two computer voice stress tests they gave to Zimmerman indicated he wasn't lying about what happened."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/26/report-zimmerman-didnt-id-self-as-watch-leader/

LOL!  You mean he lied again?  No way.  lol . . . .

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
No, you lying liar, I "heard" it on Fox News.  Did not hear it on CNN, and I watch both almost every day for at least a little while.  Who cares if you found website stories?  If he would have failed a polygraph it would have been all over the network news.  Would likely have been the lead story.   

well I guess If you didn't see it on CNN for the hour you watched "almost" every day then I guess it safe to assume it was never mentioned in the other 23 hours they are on the air that you didn't watch

Skip8282

• Getbig V
Lie detector tests are "Unreliable, Unscientific and Biased" so who cares whether he passed or failed?

Lets get some real evidence, not this nonsense from both sides, as this has become a right vs left battle.

This.

It doesn't tell us anything and won't make it to the jury anyway.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
This.

It doesn't tell us anything and won't make it to the jury anyway.

I guess Bum thinks they are reliable for some reason

Frontline did a show a month or so ago revealing how even things like fingerprint analysis are not as perfect as we have been led to believe and things like bite mark anaysis, blood splatter analysis, etc.. often have zero basis in science.  Also there is an industry involved in creating "expert witnesess" who have very little training on these forsensic techniques.   It's worth watching if anyone is interest but kind of shocking too

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/real-csi/

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Right.  You lying liar.  I heard the story on Fox News.  lol  

And now the lying liar doesn't think polygraph tests are reliable?   ::)
OMG you moron... Polygraph and other lie detector tests have never been 100%  Reliable means you expect the same thing each time and lie detectors can't promise that.  For that reason they don't get as much talk in the media and for sure not in court.  And wasn't this just recently released lol, you're crying about it being ignored?

In this way over talked about case what exactly do you think passing a polygraph means?  You sound like it means he's innocent or something lol, double moron...

Skip8282

• Getbig V
I guess Bum thinks they are reliable for some reason

Frontline did a show a month or so ago revealing how even things like fingerprint analysis are not as perfect as we have been led to believe and things like bite mark anaysis, blood splatter analysis, etc.. often have zero basis in science.  Also there is an industry involved in creating "expert witnesess" who have very little training on these forsensic techniques.   It's worth watching if anyone is interest but kind of shocking too

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/real-csi/

I think Beach is mocking 240 for his flip flop.  240's acted as though polygraphs are reliable before...especially with the whole Cain fiasco.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V

I think Beach is mocking 240 for his flip flop.  240's acted as though polygraphs are reliable before...especially with the whole Cain fiasco.
That's way fucking different.  There is a huge difference between a guy that publically says he'll take a polygraph to show he didn't do something, all of which legally still means nothing, and a case where someone is facing a trial for murder.  Within the context of 240's criticism of Cain, I agree with him.  I would have made the same criticism.  Polygraphs are and indicative tool not a definitive tool.  But when someone says they'll take one and then they don't, well that probably indicates something too lol...  If cain wanted to give an indication to the public he didn't do it, well he didn't do that after saying he would. lol

tonymctones

• Getbig V
That's way fucking different.  There is a huge difference between a guy that publically says he'll take a polygraph to show he didn't do something, all of which legally still means nothing, and a case where someone is facing a trial for murder.  Within the context of 240's criticism of Cain, I agree with him.  I would have made the same criticism.  Polygraphs are and indicative tool not a definitive tool.  But when someone says they'll take one and then they don't, well that probably indicates something too lol...  If cain wanted to give an indication to the public he didn't do it, well he didn't do that after saying he would. lol
:o :o :o 8) :P

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
:o :o :o 8) :P
What?  As if it doesn't happen with others here all the time...  You have 3333's back more than I ever back up 240's shit.  Skip almost always supports BB, I have no idea why... but whatever.  it goes on and on; are you shocked or did you just want to call me out like I'm the lone one lol?

In this case it's not about any of that, BB is wrong, that's all there is here.  That's probably why you posted this instead of actually saying BB screwed up with this thread.