Author Topic: WWE's top 50 tag teams of all time....  (Read 6554 times)

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
WWE's top 50 tag teams of all time....
« on: April 24, 2012, 03:06:07 AM »
The WWE website is listing the top 50 tag teams of all time based on their WWE achievements. Its already a farce as the Steiners are #41, right behind Billy & Chuck & Jeri-Show. This is even after they were 2 time tag champs, won at WM and rightfully defeated the best tag teams of that era.

http://www.wwe.com/classics/top-50-tag-teams-in-wwe-history/page-1

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: WWE's top 50 tag teams of all time....
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 09:07:34 AM »
Good to see some old-timers like the Killer Bees and Shiek & Volkoff make the list.
With all of the remaining spots, I suspect we'll also see Demolition, Bulldogs, High Energy, Hart Foundation, Islanders.
Eddie & Chavo should also be added, as well as Edge & Christian.

It'll be interesting to see if they include the Hardy Boyz & Dudley's.

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 04:21:07 PM »
I doubt we'll see Strikeforce for some reason, yet they were a hell of a team to watch. Lay-Cool, really?! I agree however, LOD, Demolition, Harts, Bulldogs, Money Inc, Smoking Gunns & New Age Outlaws will all likely feature in top 10 - 15.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 04:26:38 PM »
I doubt we'll see Strikeforce for some reason, yet they were a hell of a team to watch. Lay-Cool, really?! I agree however, LOD, Demolition, Harts, Bulldogs, Money Inc, Smoking Gunns & New Age Outlaws will all likely feature in top 10 - 15.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Bundy & Studd along with Can-Am Connection. Tom Zenk was a good worker inside the ring. I also suspect the Rougeau's will make the list due to their relationship to Pat Patterson. Vince sometimes seemed to favor them in various matters.

Those guys were back in the days when a tag-team actually looked & operated like a team, rather than just two random guys thrown together because "creative" didn't have anything else for them to do.

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 05:26:12 PM »
Rockers will be lucky to crack the top 20 and they were one of the better tag teams of a golden era. I dont think theres a future for the tag team division, its more of a novelty match nowadays with everyone craving the spotlight.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2012, 05:32:20 PM »
"Everybody" is a "superstar."

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2012, 08:43:38 AM »
2 of the top 5 right here..

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2012, 03:26:28 PM »
2 of the top 5 right here..

I'm almost embarrassed to admit it, but this is the first time I've seen this match...and, WOW!!!
What a performance!! This is some of the best selling and ring psychology I've ever seen.

This match saw tremendous chemistry between all four men, and the audience interest was exceptional. Additionally, this whole match/angle was great booking.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2012, 06:24:37 AM »

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2012, 09:07:28 AM »

I'm almost embarrassed to admit it, but this is the first time I've seen this match...and, WOW!!!
What a performance!! This is some of the best selling and ring psychology I've ever seen.

This match saw tremendous chemistry between all four men, and the audience interest was exceptional. Additionally, this whole match/angle was great booking.

I remember them having this Starcarde......round robin point system, LOD, Steiners, Headshrinkers and Doom

Also had a singles tourney - Flair, Sting, Luger and can't remember the 4th person...

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2012, 11:14:49 AM »
I remember them having this Starcarde......round robin point system, LOD, Steiners, Headshrinkers and Doom

Also had a singles tourney - Flair, Sting, Luger and can't remember the 4th person...

Aaaaaaaah I had this on VHS, Starrcade 89 when they had the 4 man Ironman Tournament. It was Muta i believe and he jobbed to all 3, damn my wife for making me throw them away  :'(

vascsurgeon

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2012, 12:23:36 PM »
I know i am old school, but, the Valiants should be number 1 in my humble opinion and where are the Executioners?? How about Dean Ho and Tony Garea??????????
 ;)

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2012, 04:34:06 PM »
I know i am old school, but, the Valiants should be number 1 in my humble opinion and where are the Executioners?? How about Dean Ho and Tony Garea??????????
 ;)

Quick fun fact/trivia: Larry Zbyszko once mentioned that Garrea was so "frugal" that he used to actually count the number of slices in each loaf of bread in the store to see which would make the most sandwiches. Tony never made the major bucks of the top draws of his time. However, with good money management, he and his wife currently live in a nice section of Florida, belong to a posh country club and play golf almost every day.
I think Tony's also worked on and off as a road agent for Vince since his in-ring retirement.

Rampage

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2012, 12:09:33 AM »
Ron Reis ?

Fella is huuuuge

Im sure if he had been in WWE he wouldve been given some push