Author Topic: Anderson Silva brought Steven Segal with him to the fight!  (Read 16015 times)

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
Re: Anderson Silva brought Steven Segal with him to the fight!
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2012, 09:58:08 PM »
What the fuck fight were you people watching? Sonnen worked Silva in the first round. And if Rogan wasnt such a company man, he would have called it like it was. Silva did nothing in the second round and Sonnen went down by a phantom strike. Pride was fixed and Chael talks about it on Rogans podcast, and it looks like the fix is in with the UFC. I'm not saying Silva isn't the better fighter, but he did nothing in this phony fight.
It wasnt a phantom strike.  Chael slipped while trying a spinning backfist.  At first I was pissed because I thought (along with Rogan) that Silva gave him an illegal knee to the face while he was down.  Turns out, it was a perfect knee to the midsection which probably knocked all the wind out of Chael.  You can't slip (literally) against Silva.

nefario

• Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2012, 09:59:26 PM »
What the fuck fight were you people watching? Sonnen worked Silva in the first round. And if Rogan wasnt such a company man, he would have called it like it was. Silva did nothing in the second round and Sonnen went down by a phantom strike. Pride was fixed and Chael talks about it on Rogans podcast, and it looks like the fix is in with the UFC. I'm not saying Silva isn't the better fighter, but he did nothing in this phony fight.

Nah, Silva completely dominated Chael when they hit the ground. Chael had his one shot in the first round and just couldn't close the deal.  

Pride, K1 and especially sumo, have long connections to organized crime in Japan ie. yakuza.  I don't think the money involved over here really makes that likely.  Of course when people gamble there can always be dives, but there just isn't any reason for that to happen at the organizational level.  Heck, it'd make for a better storyline if Sonnen won and there was a rubber match...

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2012, 10:01:40 PM »
It wasnt a phantom strike.  Chael slipped while trying a spinning backfist.  At first I was pissed because I thought (along with Rogan) that Silva gave him an illegal knee to the face while he was down.  Turns out, it was a perfect knee to the midsection which probably knocked all the wind out of Chael.  You can't slip (literally) against Silva.

Whatever bro. Rogan was so far up Silva ass in the first round while Chael had total control it wasn't even funny. When I heard Rogan talking up Silva, I told everyone in the room that the fix was in. Chael dominated the first even though he didn't hurt Silva. But you wouldn't know that listening to Rogan. The fix was in and Chael took a dive.

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2012, 10:02:43 PM »
Sonnen should have stuck to the game plan...he had no hope of landing a spinning backfist...he threw a hail mary too early and it cost him.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2012, 10:03:36 PM »

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2012, 10:04:42 PM »
Whatever bro. Rogan was so far up Silva ass in the first round while Chael had total control it wasn't even funny. When I heard Rogan talking up Silva, I told everyone in the room that the fix was in. Chael dominated the first even though he didn't hurt Silva. But you wouldn't know that listening to Rogan. The fix was in and Chael took a dive.
Like I have said before, Sonnen fought his perfect fight the first time.  There was no way he was going to be able to take Silva down repeatedly for 5 rounds again.  Another problem with Chael, is that he doesn't finish fights.  You have to be able to put a guy like Silva away, not hope to ride out 5 rounds with the best in the world.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2012, 10:06:15 PM »
Nah, Silva completely dominated Chael when they hit the ground. Chael had his one shot in the first round and just couldn't close the deal.  

Pride, K1 and especially sumo, have long connections to organized crime in Japan ie. yakuza.  I don't think the money involved over here really makes that likely.  Of course when people gamble there can always be dives, but there just isn't any reason for that to happen at the organizational level.  Heck, it'd make for a better storyline if Sonnen won and there was a rubber match...

Everyone saying Silva dominated the 2nd round just isn't the truth. Sonnen was pressing the whole time and was never hurt. He fell over with the spinning back fist and Silva knee him in the mid section, then Chael covered up and basically submitted(took a dive) There wasn't one time in the fight when the announcers were talking about Silva being in trouble or being worked. And Sonnen was controlling the whole fight.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2012, 10:07:35 PM »

Since when are knees to the head allowed when someone's on the ground(even though it was a phantom knee)the ref should have stopped the fight for an illegal phantom knee

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2012, 10:08:22 PM »
Everyone saying Silva dominated the 2nd round just isn't the truth. Sonnen was pressing the whole time and was never hurt. He fell over with the spinning back fist and Silva knee him in the mid section, then Chael covered up and basically submitted(took a dive) There wasn't one time in the fight when the announcers were talking about Silva being in trouble or being worked. And Sonnen was controlling the whole fight.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2012, 10:08:41 PM »

Rogan apologized for his mistake towards the end of the first round.  He misspoke and said, "During this round, the champion has clearly been dominant...I apologize, I meant the challenger".

Even though Chael brought him to the ground, he did not take advantage (or frankly was not allowed to by Silva).  The takedown was beautiful, but Silva kept Chael in half-guard and took away his advantage.

The second round allowed Silva to do exactly what he wanted to do, which was to have a striking match with Chael.  Chael took a bad slip after attempting a spinning backfist and that completely turned the tables during the round.  Afterwards, it was all downhill for Chael.

Soon, we'll be able to watch the Post-fight Press Conference at UFC.com

"1"

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2012, 10:08:59 PM »
At the very least, the ref should have stopped the fight for an illegal phantom knee

The knee was perfectly legal

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2012, 10:09:34 PM »
Its hard man I know.  I got all butt hurt when my boy Mir looked like complete shit against Dos Santos.  I even said that I thought that fight was fixed.  ;D  Sonnen had a great first round, but it all went downhill (dan) when he couldn't get his first few takedowns in round 2.

Trapper_Slapper

• Getbig IV
  • Clean and Jerks pull the bitches!
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2012, 10:11:21 PM »

??? ??? ???

Bwhahahahahahahahahahaha haaaa!!
 ;D Silva's skills are ridiculously off the charts!

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2012, 10:12:18 PM »
Rogan apologized for his mistake towards the end of the first round.  He misspoke and said, "During this round, the champion has clearly been dominant...I apologize, I meant the challenger".

Even though Chael brought him to the ground, he did not take advantage (or frankly was not allowed to by Silva).  The takedown was beautiful, but Silva kept Chael in half-guard and took away his advantage.

The second round allowed Silva to do exactly what he wanted to do, which was to have a striking match with Chael.  Chael took a bad slip after attempting a spinning backfist and that completely turned the tables during the round.  Afterwards, it was all downhill for Chael.

Soon, we'll be able to watch the Post-fight Press Conference at UFC.com

"1"

Chael dominated the fight and took and illegal phantom knee to the head while down. The ref should have stopped the fight and warned Silva or taken a point.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2012, 10:13:21 PM »
The knee was perfectly legal

Thats not a legal knee. That knee was going for the face/head while he was sitting on his ass.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2012, 10:14:03 PM »
Terrible main event. C- entire card. Bad TV. 
a

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2012, 10:14:39 PM »
It wasn't a knee to the head....or are you just trolling?

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2012, 10:14:48 PM »
Thats not a legal knee.
Yes it is.  You can't knee to the head of a downed opponent.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2012, 10:15:26 PM »
Thats not a legal knee.

I wish it wasn't but everyone said after the replay, it was legal!

I wanted chael to win!

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2012, 10:16:52 PM »
Yes it is.  You can't knee to the head of a downed opponent.

WTF he was downed on his ass and he kneed the guy in the the forearms which would have been the head. Wtf are you guys on? That wasn't a midsection shot. He went for the head but Chael was cover up. The ref should have stopped the fight and adjusted.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2012, 10:18:25 PM »
I wish it wasn't but everyone said after the replay, it was legal!

I wanted chael to win!

Of course "everyone" said that...Cough Rogan. The fix was fucking in bro. You can't knee someone when there sitting on there ass. This wasn't a knee to the thigh or anything.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2012, 10:18:47 PM »
WTF he was downed on his ass and he kneed the guy in the the forearms which would have been the head. Wtf are you guys on? That wasn't a midsection shot. He went for the head but Chael was cover up. The ref should have stopped the fight and adjusted.
He kneed him right in the solar plexus.  Silva knew exactly what he was doing.

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2012, 10:21:28 PM »
You cannot knee a downed opponent in the head...you can knee him in the body.  Silva cranked that knee squarely into Sonnen's body...it's the same strike Evans used to derail Tito Ortiz in their fight.  Perfectly legal and very effective.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2012, 10:22:05 PM »
You can't knee someone when there sitting on there ass.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2012, 10:23:17 PM »

If it was to the head, then why didn't Chael make mention of it when Rogan interviewed him after the fight?

This is what Chael had to say, "He's a true champion, man," Sonnen said. "He got me with a good shot. I was on the ground, he got me with a good knee and other than that, I'm going to have to look at the tape."

He could have simply said that he doesn't understand why an illegal knee to the head was allowed by the ref, but he didn't, I wonder why?  You know Chael is not shy and loves to be outspoken, so if he didn't say that, it was very clear that he didn't have the grounds to say so.

"1"