Author Topic: Why Bodybuilders are GROSS?  (Read 21945 times)

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
Re: Why Bodybuilders are GROSS?
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2012, 07:06:27 PM »
chicks dig muscle but lets just say that  if you are gay man a gym membership and some test is the single best investment you will ever make

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2012, 07:08:08 PM »
Exactly! A bodybuilder and his normal girl walks into a room, the bodybuilder gets all the attention! They do not like this.

And its funny that they are like, "how much time do they spend in the gym?"

People dont spend 7 hours in the gym any more  ::) ::)

average guy who works out spends 1hr and a half... working out...
a woman will spend 4 hrs upwards getting their hair done... and think nothing of it...
basiacally it all comes down to attention and insecurity on the woman's part that video was quite pathetic....
choice is an illusion

bighead

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2012, 07:18:46 PM »
if you go out and wear a tshirt 2 sizes to small or a fukin tank top like a legit douche then you WILL be laughed at.. its been my experience that women are more then happy when- unprepared- to unwrap a muscular body..

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2012, 07:47:05 PM »

We hear the same thing from people who have plastic surgery.  “I did this for me!”  Yeah, right.  The fact that you live in culture that (however incorrectly) assigns value to big muscles (strong, powerful, healthy, athletic, etc).  And you’ve seen promoted in cartoons, film, television, and muscle magazines have nothing to do with it, right?  You are doing it for you.  And if you grew up in another culture or lived on a remote island you’d still be training and muscling up because you do it for you and no one else.  Right?  Congratulations!  You've been totally brainwashed.

You look great, but do not kid yourself about why you muscled up.  A little vanity goes a long way, but it wasn’t for yourself.   ::)

Why do you always try to project your insecurities onto others? It's clear that you're looking to justify your own thought processes.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2012, 08:43:00 PM »
Why do you always try to project your insecurities onto others? It's clear that you're looking to justify your own thought processes.

Assuming that's true... why do you care? ::)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2012, 08:45:16 PM »

While I do agree that people lift weights because of cultural reasons, you can't take the individual out of the equation. The main reason why I lift weights is because I fear growing old and having a million diseases and pissing and shitting on myself. I try to take good care of myself to avoid that as much as possible. However, there are obvious benefits, besides health reasons, that comes from lifting weights.
X

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2012, 08:54:02 PM »
I'm fatter than I was as a kid (no perma bulk...18 months of injury) but I'm still athletic looking at 6-5, 310. (nurse at the hospital where I had my heart cath said "you have a lot of muscle..you aren't a fatso :) )  I get the "hey big boy" vibe a lot off some women...black women really seem to like me...  My wife thinks it's funny...she likes it when people say things like "geez, that guy is huge".   :)

DKlent

• Getbig III
« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2012, 08:59:14 PM »
A lot of women don't like the shredded muscles, huge muscles and ton of large bulging veins. They just don't like it. Some women like skinny tall guys.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2012, 09:05:14 PM »
While I do agree that people lift weights because of cultural reasons, you can't take the individual out of the equation. The main reason why I lift weights is because I fear growing old and having a million diseases and pissing and shitting on myself. I try to take good care of myself to avoid that as much as possible. However, there are obvious benefits, besides health reasons, that comes from lifting weights.

Your rhetoric almost makes sense, but we’re not talking about lifting weights and being healthy to avoid infirmity.  In magazine speak, we are not talking about “Men’s Health” we are talking about Muscle & Fitness and FLEX.  By the time one is ogling guys like Phil, Branch, & Kai in the pages of a magazine (or even know those names) you’re no longer interested in health.  There is no longstanding correlation—or any correlation--between muscling up and avoiding a million diseases.  There are lots of legitimate exercises one can engage in to improve cardiovascular health and muscle conditioning but bodybuilding isn't one of them.  Even some of my staunchest critics here agree: one does not muscle up (and pose in daisy dukes) to gain attention from women (since the vast majority of women don't like that look); one does it to get attention from men.  

Not that there is anything wrong with that.  :-*

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2012, 09:14:18 PM »
Your rhetoric almost makes sense, but we’re not talking about lifting weights and being healthy to avoid infirmity.  In magazine speak, we are not talking about “Men’s Health” we are talking about Muscle & Fitness and FLEX.  By the time one is ogling guys like Phil, Branch, & Kai in the pages of a magazine (or even know those names) you’re no longer interested in health.  There is no longstanding correlation—or any correlation--between muscling up and avoiding a million diseases.  There are lots of legitimate exercises one can engage in to improve cardiovascular health and muscle conditioning but bodybuilding isn't one of them.  Even some of my staunchest critics here agree: one does not muscle up (and pose in daisy dukes) to gain attention from women (since the vast majority of women don't like that look); one does it to get attention from men.  

agreed. When you reach the point of ronnie coleman the health equation is pretty much thrown out the window. Obviously this is much different than the guy who just wants to stay lean and in shape. I have no intention, like most others here, of ever stepping on stage. My main reason to lift is to stay healthy and it obviously brings along other perks as well (besides health).

As for guys that look like Jay or Ronnie, well, thats another story. But I cant speak for them.
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2012, 09:16:07 PM »

so if you know those names, youre no longer interested in health? you can easily follow the sport of bodybuilding, without having a desire to get really huge like that and still lift for health.
X

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2012, 09:16:32 PM »
I like Bay, think he's very intelligent, and a good contributer to this board. But I think he loses credibility for this exact reason mentioned above. I feel like a lot of closet gay-Bodybuilders probably PM him all the time and he has developed this false sense of who most of us average, not gay, bodybuilding fans are.  Pretty much every guy I know has gotten into bodybuilding to get chicks, even though we all know girls prob don't care.  I think there's a primal instinct that says we need to get big and strong to gain attention from the opposite sex. For myself, bodybuilding is my hobby, it's fun to me. I compete because I'm competitive in nature, and it forces me to keep pushing myself every day. And because I enjoy shiny plastic trophies.

Or maybe he's right and you guys are all homos :D

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2012, 09:20:38 PM »
I like Bay, think he's very intelligent, and a good contributer to this board. But I think he loses credibility for this exact reason mentioned above. I feel like a lot of closet gay-Bodybuilders probably PM him all the time and he has developed this false sense of who most of us average, not gay, bodybuilding fans are.  Pretty much every guy I know has gotten into bodybuilding to get chicks, even though we all know girls prob don't care.  I think there's a primal instinct that says we need to get big and strong to gain attention from the opposite sex. For myself, bodybuilding is my hobby, it's fun to me. I compete because I'm competitive in nature, and it forces me to keep pushing myself every day. And because I enjoy shiny plastic trophies.

Well, it depends how big you're talking. Most women will still like someone your size, because youre not overly huge. So there could be a case that you still lift because your body attracts women. It seems like Bay is referring to Ronnie Coleman size. Since most women don't like that size, why get that big? Obviously for the schmoes  :-\ :-\ ??? ???
X

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2012, 09:24:42 PM »
Well, it depends how big you're talking. Most women will still like someone your size, because you're not overly huge. So there could be a case that you still lift because your body attracts women. It seems like Bay is referring to Ronnie Coleman size. Since most women don't like that size, why get that big? Obviously for the schmoes  :-\ :-\ ??? ???
KISS MY ASS, PAL!!!!!!!!!!!!  >:(

:D

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: July 10, 2012, 09:25:38 PM »

2156 PM messages can't be wrong!  ;D

Btw, how does the "not gay, bodybuilding fan" feel about your muscle heroes posing and flexing or musclegallery.com, offering private sessions, and wearing daisy dukes?  Do you really believe they are doing all that "for the ladies"? ;D

Here's a free tip: if you are a hetero guy and you want to get attention from the opposite sex get a very well paying job or win the lottery.  ;)

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #65 on: July 10, 2012, 09:30:00 PM »
Well, it depends how big you're talking. Most women will still like someone your size, because youre not overly huge. So there could be a case that you still lift because your body attracts women. It seems like Bay is referring to Ronnie Coleman size. Since most women don't like that size, why get that big? Obviously for the schmoes  :-\ :-\ ??? ???
Good points...I def see both sides to the argument. I just know if I wasnt natty, and I had the genetics to go BIG (Top 3 @ the O), i would prob do it, just cuz Im competitive and I would wanna take it all the way. Absolutely nothing about it would be influenced by some deep rooted sexual identity crisis. I'd do the same if I was just the shit at ping pong or football or miniature golf or whatever else it was I was loved and had remarkable talent for.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #66 on: July 10, 2012, 09:30:06 PM »
KISS MY ASS, PAL!!!!!!!!!!!!  >:(

:D

;D ;D

I guess that gf you have is a cover up for liking Bay. Come on, just admit it  :-\ :D :D
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #67 on: July 10, 2012, 09:32:17 PM »
Good points...I def see both sides to the argument. I just know if I wasnt natty, and I had the genetics to go BIG (Top 3 @ the O), i would prob do it, just cuz Im competitive and I would wanna take it all the way. Absolutely nothing about it would be influenced by some deep rooted sexual identity crisis. I'd do the same if I was just the shit at ping pong or football or miniature golf or whatever else it was I was loved and had remarkable talent for.

Well, according to Bay, you would want to be Mr. O because of all the schmoes it will bring.

What is this guy touched you, groink?  ;D

X

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #68 on: July 10, 2012, 09:33:02 PM »

You are a sad, strange little man and you have my pity.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #69 on: July 10, 2012, 09:34:35 PM »

2156 PM messages can't be wrong!  ;D

Btw, how does the "not gay, bodybuilding fan" feel about your muscle heroes posing and flexing or musclegallery.com, offering private sessions, and wearing daisy dukes?  Do you really believe they are doing all that "for the ladies"? ;D
Honestly...I think they are catering to the gay crowd to pay their drug bills. People do strange things to pursue their dreams, to live their expensive lifestyles.  I doubt the majority are proud of it. You really think Kai is proud of his grapefruit video? Guaranteed he is ashamed of it.  Most dudes I hear of are just poor Bodybuilders making bad decisions to pay their bills. (I judge no one for this, FYI....whatever makes you happy. Just commentating)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: July 10, 2012, 09:38:02 PM »
You are a sad, strange little man and you have my pity.

I know not much about you, but I'm fairly certain that I would not want to trade where I am in life for where you are in life right now.   8)

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #71 on: July 10, 2012, 09:38:30 PM »
;D ;D

I guess that gf you have is a cover up for liking Bay. Come on, just admit it  :-\ :D :D
We just broke up actually....

.....so I could pursue things with Bay.  ;) ;D

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #72 on: July 10, 2012, 09:44:45 PM »
We just broke up actually....

.....so I could pursue things with Bay.  ;) ;D

ahh, sorry to hear man. Sucks.  :'( :'(
X

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: July 10, 2012, 09:50:31 PM »
Honestly...I think they are catering to the gay crowd to pay their drug bills. People do strange things to pursue their dreams, to live their expensive lifestyles.  I doubt the majority are proud of it. You really think Kai is proud of his grapefruit video? Guaranteed he is ashamed of it.  Most dudes I hear of are just poor Bodybuilders making bad decisions to pay their bills. (I judge no one for this, FYI....whatever makes you happy. Just commentating)

"I only slurped that cock and got fucked by that guy because I wanted to pay my drug bill.  I swear!"

Do you really believe that?  Really? ???

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #74 on: July 10, 2012, 09:51:53 PM »
ahh, sorry to hear man. Sucks.  :'( :'(
Hey, it's no worries bro. Many fish in the pond.

Back to the topic...

2 dudes helping stretch each others hammies on the gym floor before "going to battle" on leg day: Gay or Not?