Author Topic: Human evolution. Are we witnessing it as we speak?  (Read 4383 times)

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
Human evolution. Are we witnessing it as we speak?
« on: July 16, 2012, 09:30:49 AM »
Take for example male pattern baldness.  Obviously science can explain how we lose our hair, but the question is why?  Does nature see it that humans no longer need to have excessive bodyhair?  Will everyone be bald in 10,000 years?  What about the remnants of a tail that we all have?  What about the appendix?  Why has it become a useless organ?  Let's discuss our slow transformation into aliens.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
Re: Human evolution. Are we witnessing it as we speak?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 09:39:35 AM »
I would say there are less bald people now days. I am 31 and have a lucious head of hair. Most people I know or hang with have full heads of hair. I'd say it's the other way around. People with hair are seen as more attractive , thus more breeding.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 09:46:56 AM »
I would say there are less bald people now days. I am 31 and have a lucious head of hair. Most people I know or hang with have full heads of hair. I'd say it's the other way around. People with hair are seen as more attractive , thus more breeding.
I would say that it probably hasn't changed much for thousands of years. Remember, 10,000 years on Earth's timeline is probably less then a second.  There is always a reason why things happen.  For example, Male pattern Baldness (as well as general body hair) is not needed as much due to the warmer climates we have today.  If we have another 1000 year Ice-age, then maybe the full head of hair will make a comeback  ;D

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 09:48:54 AM »
I'll let you know how it goes, I plan on outliving death.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 09:51:55 AM »
I'll let you know how it goes, I plan on outliving death.
One day we will be able to go into Walmart and buy years of life.  10 years = 10,000  Prepaid card of course  :D

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2012, 09:57:18 AM »
Shizz, very insightful.

I couldn't agree more.

Of course it is natural progression.

Why do people need hair?

Evolution is slow, relatively.

What you witness nowadays is the evolution OF evolution. Mind over matter. Medicine over complacence or lack of knowledge.

G

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2012, 09:58:27 AM »
You witness evolution daily dumbass.  It's not things dramatically change on a given day, it is a gradual change.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2012, 10:00:45 AM »
You witness evolution daily dumbass.  It's not things dramatically change on a given day, it is a gradual change.
How is dramatic? People have been walking around for thousands a cand thousand of years and losing hair all over their bodies the entire time?

Why are you calling people dumbass?

G

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2012, 10:02:31 AM »

No way, I see so many kids now barely in their 20's with receeding hair lines part of why the whole shaved head look is so in, they have no other choice!  kids today have shit diets and that most likely has a big factor on the hair loss. Actually we are seeing humans devolve now. Morals and values have never been so bad, respect to one's fellow man is at an all time low.

It ain't looking good...
?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2012, 10:05:45 AM »
How is dramatic? People have been walking around for thousands a cand thousand of years and losing hair all over their bodies the entire time?

Why are you calling people dumbass?

dumbass, shithead, asshole, negro, kuntface.  It's all interchangeable.  I decided to use dumbass for that post.  Will use some other derogatory word in my next post.  It is my way of showing some love.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2012, 10:09:53 AM »
I don't care as long as we look anything similar to this...

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2012, 10:10:49 AM »
I don't care as long as we look anything similar to this...

Why does this new species of human have such huge traps?

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2012, 10:13:03 AM »
Why does this new species of human have such huge traps?

have you ever cracked one off?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2012, 10:16:59 AM »
have you ever cracked one off?

more times than I can count but I don't squeeze my traps.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2012, 10:22:16 AM »
It's easy to see. I went to the catacombs/crypts in Rome and those little skeletons and graves looked like yoda.  And that's only 500 years ago for the monk skeletons.

Psychopath

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM DIME PIECE TRANNY
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2012, 10:26:24 AM »
It's not evolution. It's our bodies slowly ageing due to "wear and tear" i.e oxidative damage, and RNA transcription mutations.

...and i vaguely remember reading a new hypothesis/discovery in regards to the function/purpose of the appendix.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2012, 10:38:38 AM »
Maybe it's time for Dutchguy, Phd in evolutionary biology, to give some lectures to the getbig kiddies...?

Or even better: ask Wes.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2012, 10:58:30 AM »
The remnants of our tail is the Coccyx correct?  Wtf did we need a tail for?  What do religious people say to the fact that humans once had a tail?  Some people still have that weird tail to this day.  Remember George in the movie Shallow Hal?  I think that is a real condition.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2012, 11:59:34 AM »
The remnants of our tail is the Coccyx correct?  Wtf did we need a tail for?  What do religious people say to the fact that humans once had a tail?  Some people still have that weird tail to this day.  Remember George in the movie Shallow Hal?  I think that is a real condition.
Remnant indeed. We don't need it. But there's no natural selection against a coccyx. So it may disappear eventually with random genetic drift May take 100,000ths of years...

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2012, 12:03:21 PM »
Take for example male pattern baldness.  Obviously science can explain how we lose our hair, but the question is why?  Does nature see it that humans no longer need to have excessive bodyhair?  Will everyone be bald in 10,000 years?  What about the remnants of a tail that we all have?  What about the appendix?  Why has it become a useless organ?  Let's discuss our slow transformation into aliens.

I agree with everything except that part.  Surgeons have termed it useless.  It actually does play a role in the body.  In todays society, a woman gets a hysterectomy, the surgeon says "what the hell" and takes out the appendix.  Guess what?  HE GETS PAID EXTRA for that.  No one ever fights that.  No one questions that.  They just say "Meh, well, he is the surgeon after all". 

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2012, 12:04:20 PM »
Remnant indeed. We don't need it. But there's no natural selection against a coccyx. So it may disappear eventually with random genetic drift May take 100,000ths of years...
The same for head hair I would assume. 

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2012, 12:06:40 PM »
It's not evolution. It's our bodies slowly ageing due to "wear and tear" i.e oxidative damage, and RNA transcription mutations.

...and i vaguely remember reading a new hypothesis/discovery in regards to the function/purpose of the appendix.

Evolution or the result of the chemical shit we all put in our bodies (colors, fillers, binders, 1-methylcyclopropene, etc)

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2012, 12:07:50 PM »
I agree with everything except that part.  Surgeons have termed it useless.  It actually does play a role in the body.  In todays society, a woman gets a hysterectomy, the surgeon says "what the hell" and takes out the appendix.  Guess what?  HE GETS PAID EXTRA for that.  No one ever fights that.  No one questions that.  They just say "Meh, well, he is the surgeon after all". 
Thats the point.  Today, the appendix is useless, but i'm sure it served a function in yesteryear.  Same goes for the Coccyx.  Could we have been monkeys with tails?  I have never seen anything on this topic before.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2012, 12:12:25 PM »
Head hair is more complicated. Full head of hair means youth means strenght and virility. But male balding indicates testosterone, meaning strength and virility too. But the opposite could also be true: virile men have more test, and as a complication they get bald sooner. Not every fenotypic trait can be explained evolutionary. Sometimes shit just happens. These virile men impregnate many women even before they get bald. What happend to a body after most of the reproduction phase has no evolutionary impact.... :D

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2012, 01:11:13 PM »
Evolution is bullshit.  People have not evolved in thousands of years.  Case in point: