Author Topic: Obama: "If You've Been Successful, You Didn't Get There On Your Own" - lmfao!!  (Read 44357 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
this thread is a 26 page monument to to the willful stupidity of 333

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot

LOL!!!!   So if instead they went to private school and started Apple than it would not apply? 

Obama again exposed his complete and total ignorance on business and economics. 

Actually, yes it would... again... It would be lessened, but it would apply because Apple Computer uses GOVERNMENT funded roads to ship it's products.

So yeah, it would apply either way.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Actually, yes it would... again... It would be lessened, but it would apply because Apple Computer uses GOVERNMENT funded roads to ship it's products.

So yeah, it would apply either way.

The government does not fund anything without FIRST taxing, borrowing, spending the product and wealth of the private sector and taxpayers.     

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
The government does not fund anything without FIRST taxing, borrowing, spending the product and wealth of the private sector and taxpayers.     

Haven't you said this in previous posts in this thread?

We get it... The whole point behind your "you didn't build that" nonsense is that you had help.

You keep saying the same things, but that doesn't make them any less false.

As a society, we help each other... People succeed or fail often by their own actions and the actions of those around them.

It's not a all me or all you thing.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Haven't you said this in previous posts in this thread?

We get it... The whole point behind your "you didn't build that" nonsense is that you had help.

You keep saying the same things, but that doesn't make them any less false.

As a society, we help each other... People succeed or fail often by their own actions and the actions of those around them.

It's not a all me or all you thing.

The idea that the govt creates anything to which we should feel some type of indebteness is pure nonsense spewed by leftists and liberals who want us all slaves to the state. 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
The idea that the govt creates anything to which we should feel some type of indebteness is pure nonsense spewed by leftists and liberals who want us all slaves to the state. 

But the government does create stuff... I am not saying they do everything, but a lot of advancements in science and technology have been because the government funded research and development.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
But the government does create stuff... I am not saying they do everything, but a lot of advancements in science and technology have been because the government funded research and development.

Ok but we are paying for it first via taxes, debt, deficit, etc first.

Its sort of like paying for a service. 

If I pay for a plumber to come to the house to clean a drain and pay him for my service - thats' it and it ends there.  I'm not indebted to the plumber in any way. 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot

If I pay for a plumber to come to the house to clean a drain and pay him for my service - thats' it and it ends there.  I'm not indebted to the plumber in any way. 

I don't think I am indebted to anyone, nor they me... however I do realize that my success in life is often due to those around me... Including policies that have been put in place by the government.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
I don't think I am indebted to anyone, nor they me... however I do realize that my success in life is often due to those around me... Including policies that have been put in place by the government.

and 333 went to public schools, got government guaranteed loans for school almost certainly got an government guaranteed loan when he bought that shithole in the ghetto.   

He's also dependent on the government court system for his income

other than all that he did everythign on his own

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
and 333 went to public schools, got government guaranteed loans for school almost certainly got an government guaranteed loan when he bought that shithole in the ghetto.   

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D another mr independent

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

33... is a pathetic idiot

SLYY

• Getbig IV
  • A mug only your mom could love...

This is taking a loooong time for a lawyer to comprehend.  Let's try again.  Reread your very first post:

Posted on July 15, 2012

Obama: "If You've Been Successful, You Didn't Get There On Your Own"

PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA: There are a lot of wealthy, successful Americans who agree with me -- because they want to give something back. They know they didn’t -- look, if you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own. You didn’t get there on your own. I’m always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something -- there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there. (Applause.)

If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive.
Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business -- you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.

The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together.
There are some things, just like fighting fires, we don’t do on our own. I mean, imagine if everybody had their own fire service. That would be a hard way to organize fighting fires.

Now, I know you are still probably confused...so let's review our previous discussion:

LOL  Who ponied up the resources FIRST to pay for the fire protection.  

Answer:

Excellent question 3333.  I will use Obama's speech again, to answer this question:

"Somebody invested in roads and bridges."  Take a guess who?

I assume this will finally put your imbecilic notion to rest.

SLYY

• Getbig IV
  • A mug only your mom could love...

You're a lawyer and this is your analogy???  Scary.  You can pay the plumber with gold bars and guess what 333?  He will HELP YOU and YOUR place NOT smell like your assertions in this thread.  Oh, and Obama spoke on this issue...as stated in your very first post.  Let's revisit that:

Posted on July 15, 2012

Obama: "If You've Been Successful, You Didn't Get There On Your Own"

PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA: There are a lot of wealthy, successful Americans who agree with me -- because they want to give something back. They know they didn’t -- look, if you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own. You didn’t get there on your own. I’m always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something -- there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there. (Applause.)

If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive.  Somebody invested in roads and bridges.  If you’ve got a business -- you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.

The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together.  There are some things, just like fighting fires, we don’t do on our own. I mean, imagine if everybody had their own fire service. That would be a hard way to organize fighting fires.

You want your "ghetto neighbors" to take their plumbing into their own hands?  That would be a hard way to organize fecal matter.  To simplify things for you 333: you help the plumber when you pay him and the plumber helps you by making the requisite repairs.  I will let Obama drive this point home with the first and last sentence of his final paragraph (interestingly absent from your first post) of his infamous speech:

"So we say to ourselves, ever since the founding of this country, you know what, there are some things we do better together...You’re not on your own, we’re in this together.”

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
33.... is no lawyer.

He would never pass exam and would be laughed out of court.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
 :D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
 ;D

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Ayn Rand
Fixed:

If you are successful in politics because rich crony communists put you there, you didn't get there on your own!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
 ;D