Author Topic: Working legs with lower back issues...  (Read 5057 times)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
Re: Working legs with lower back issues...
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2012, 07:05:25 AM »
Zercher Squat is also a good substitute more so than a leg press

Hmmm...would rather do Barbell hack squats

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2012, 07:06:24 AM »
How old are you? if you were Diagnosed with a actual Disc injury....take it from me been there done all the real heavy squats, Deadlifts, good mornings, T bar rows etc etc etc....if its a actual DISC issue, heres some Honest Advice........leave it alone as in FORGET "training around" it as in NEVER SQUAT again, cause if your in your late teens early 20s....trust me bye the time you hit you early to late 30s you will wish you did, i didnt listen too advice cause back then as a 20yr old when i first Damaged the back squatting heavy with Bad form >:( anyone over 30 was Old and past it so like the arrogant prick i was i didnt listen :( ...you say you dont want to go though that sort of pain again??....Trust me it gets alot more painful as in can not move and on your back in pain for months and months, and the long term Diagnosis... im talking YEARS and years not weeks of on going issues...you only get one Spine bud look after it if you've Damaged it with a Herniated/bulge Disc injury... take it or leave it from someone whos been there.....its your back.

Exact same thing for me. Wrecked my back while I was in college ego lifting(straight leg dead lifts, 455 for sets) and bam, shit went out. Then, tweaked it after college at about 25 trying to move a trailer by picking up the tongue. Went to the doctor and I have two partially degenerated/bulging discs. Did rehab, chiro, and about two years ago finally had a cortisone injection. It is better, but by no means perfect, and there are days I have pretty bad pain. I'm 31 and wish I had never gone that heavy on squats and deads. I'm too tall.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2012, 07:06:40 AM »
Or

hahaha....no lower back issues, but other issues.  ;D

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2012, 11:47:32 AM »
leg presses can still tax the lower back consider this

fyi ironmind makes quality products

the belt is awesome but using it like that is stupidest shit in the world, great way to wreck your knees with a swinging barbell and epic 1/2 reps.

if you use that belt then just hook it on a smith machine. theres no swinging around and you start the set from the top

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2012, 01:34:21 PM »
leg presses can still tax the lower back consider this

fyi ironmind makes quality products

that hip belt would be awesome safe way to work quads and glutes withought lower back compression
A

NYSTATEOFMIND

• Getbig IV
  • Getbigs Reporter of perverse news
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2012, 01:36:52 PM »
if your not competing just do what u can do no need to squat or do anything heavy you can still have nice legs

THIS!!..your gonna try and go back to 315+ and REALLY fuck yourself up..for what..be smart

dont listen to the morons who tell you otherwise
getbig or getgot

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2012, 01:38:59 PM »
hahahh zercher squats look cool and sound cool but boy do they suck cock!!! not only to the wreck the flesh on the crook of your arms they are still a shitload of stress on the back, but hell i havent tried to do that painful exercise in a while but im sure it would still fuck the shit out of my arms and theyd be all red n shit
A

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2012, 06:17:07 PM »
I remember the day it happened. Squatting 465, I turned wrong...and blam! Lower back killing me.

That was years ago. I've squatted since, but never as heavy. Don't want to go through that pain again.

But you can't rule out squats. So I try..and I end up in pain for weeks...

What can I do to blast quads and not rely on the squat rack?

If you already got your size from years of heavy squatting, I think a series of presses and extensions with 25reps each will make your legs look great and keep the size. I don't do anything under 25 reps everything full range of motion and controlled, lots of super and drop sets. Legs are still big more separation and harder. Good luck! I know injuries suck and mess with your head

Metabolic

• Getbig IV
  • Team I Fucked Her Face
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2012, 06:24:12 PM »
Lunges, split squats, that type of stuff, and you should definately not do heavy posterir chains movements again unless you actually recover completely from the injury, if not, your prone to fucking up again with even less weight due to bad recovery.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2012, 06:51:33 PM »
hahahh zercher squats look cool and sound cool but boy do they suck cock!!! not only to the wreck the flesh on the crook of your arms they are still a shitload of stress on the back, but hell i havent tried to do that painful exercise in a while but im sure it would still fuck the shit out of my arms and theyd be all red n shit
I agree,fuck that exercise.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2012, 06:59:42 PM »
I agree,fuck that exercise.

haha i like how its always recommended but they always leave out how painful it is
A