Author Topic: GetBig Guitar Players...  (Read 11893 times)

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
Re: GetBig Guitar Players...
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2012, 04:18:20 AM »
...may dig this.

My little Satch Rip-Off.

Terrific, dude.. 8)

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2012, 05:08:20 AM »
To be fair, SRV was a badass.

This 8)

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2012, 06:14:46 AM »

This 8)

BEOW NOW NOW NOOOOOOOW NIT NOOOOOOOOW (TEXAS FLOOD OPENING RIFF)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2012, 06:33:10 AM »
Very nice! I have the utmost respect for you or anyone who plays for the love of the music!
 Something that I wish i pursued but never did!

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2012, 07:29:53 AM »
BEOW NOW NOW NOOOOOOOW NIT NOOOOOOOOW (TEXAS FLOOD OPENING RIFF)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;D

I was lucky enough to see him live from the fourth row.

...he opened with ''Scuttle Buttin"...It was like 10,000 peoples jaws dropped at the same time{mine included and it wasn't because any of us were in Uganda at the Blue Oyster ;D}

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2012, 02:14:54 PM »
Terrific, dude.. 8)

Thanks doc.

Very nice! I have the utmost respect for you or anyone who plays for the love of the music!
 Something that I wish i pursued but never did!

Thanks man.

Yeah, SRV was one of my heroes back in my younger days. I was absolutely floored when I heard about the crash.

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2012, 07:05:08 PM »
X2....some guys are brainwashed that if it isn't "blues based" it's not worth listening to... and they are constantly licking Clapton and SRV's balls.  Fuck the blues...seriously, if i never heard another "walking blues" based riff I'd be just fine.
that's just an excuse people who can't play fast use.  "it''s bluesy and emotional"

if you're making it up as you go, it's not "emotional"  and if you're making it up as you go and doing it slowly, it's called sucking.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2012, 03:20:23 AM »
that's just an excuse people who can't play fast use.  "it''s bluesy and emotional"

if you're making it up as you go, it's not "emotional"  and if you're making it up as you go and doing it slowly, it's called sucking.

;D

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2012, 08:18:38 AM »
...may dig this.

My little Satch Rip-Off.

decent props  8)
T

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2012, 10:01:39 AM »
Embarrassing?  I've played many styles... rock, country, bluegrass, classical, jazz, chord-melody, etc...  Open you mind and quit thinking playing fast = playing good. 

HUH?!

I didn't even HINT at such a thing. What the hell are you smoking?!

???

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2012, 10:07:58 AM »
... Technique is a means to an end. If you can't play what you hear in your head, you practice till you can, or you'll be stifling your creativity ... To me, this is simple up-tempo rock, and I wasn't really thinking technique at all ... Only 10 percent of this tune is composed of semi-quick playing, yet that's all you hear? ...

Exactly

I don't consider the tune to feature very fast playing at all (and this is NOT a slam, either. I am just responding to this joker who says he's a guitar player and that he thinks your tune is just noise).

And then when I suggest his comment is embarrassing, he says I need to "open my mind", because fast playing doesn't necessarily equate to good playing ... when I never even suggest such a thing.

The cat is all messed.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2012, 10:18:45 AM »
not my style, but very technically precise.   cool runs and its very clear you have great feel.

me, i prefer to play some cheese that has 250 girls on the dance floor.  "I gotta feeling" beats out "Cliffs of Dover" everytime haha.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2012, 02:58:03 PM »
not my style, but very technically precise.   cool runs and its very clear you have great feel.

me, i prefer to play some cheese that has 250 girls on the dance floor.  "I gotta feeling" beats out "Cliffs of Dover" everytime haha.

NOTHING beats Eric Johnson, my man.

I am his biggest fanboy, bar none.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2012, 02:59:50 PM »
Exactly

I don't consider the tune to feature very fast playing at all (and this is NOT a slam, either. I am just responding to this joker who says he's a guitar player and that he thinks your tune is just noise).

And then when I suggest his comment is embarrassing, he says I need to "open my mind", because fast playing doesn't necessarily equate to good playing ... when I never even suggest such a thing.

The cat is all messed.  
Sometimes, I think when playing gets too fast, some people simply cant comprehend whats going on and pull this excuse.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2012, 03:02:52 PM »
Sometimes, I think when playing gets too fast, some people simply cant comprehend whats going on and pull this excuse.

Well, yeah, if someone has zero idea and hears some player pick off notes at blazing speed, and with crazy precision and attack, it conceivably does sound like a mess of brain-frying audio.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2012, 03:08:01 PM »
Well, yeah, if someone has zero idea and hears some player pick off notes at blazing speed, and with crazy precision and attack, it conceivably does sound like a mess of brain-frying audio.
Its the kind of thing people have to mature into, when I was younger, my drummer friend would play songs from bands like Nile, or other similar bands where the drummers were going so fast I had no idea what was going on and thought it sounded like shit.

As I matured, and my playing matured, suddenly not only could I understand what was going on, I actually started to really enjoy and appreciate it.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2012, 03:11:42 PM »
Its the kind of thing people have to mature into, when I was younger, my drummer friend would play songs from bands like Nile, or other similar bands where the drummers were going so fast I had no idea what was going on and thought it sounded like shit.

As I matured, and my playing matured, suddenly not only could I understand what was going on, I actually started to really enjoy and appreciate it.

You speak it, dude. And your Nile example is a great one. I mean, the concept of blast beats goes RIGHT over most folks' heads. They think the guy's doing slow rolls (ha, ha).

Extreme music of any type requires a lot more of the listener, in a variety of ways. 

Christian B

• Getbig II
« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2012, 03:56:57 PM »
Here's some of me fooling around

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2012, 04:04:18 PM »

Sublimely understated...

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2012, 10:49:31 AM »
Here's some of me fooling around

Good stuff

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2012, 12:37:02 PM »
look, playing guitars is good and all but everyone knows you just had to resort to that after you wasn't good at bodybuilding

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2012, 01:26:36 PM »
Nice playing Christian. Some good note choices.

Pretty good insight into music from a few posters here too.

Busy writing more instrumental material as well as songs for my band. Saw Maiden with Coheed and Cambria last night. Great show.

Christian B

• Getbig II
« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2012, 03:05:03 PM »

Busy writing more instrumental material as well as songs for my band. Saw Maiden with Coheed and Cambria last night. Great show.
Thanks a lot :) Its just impro, but I'm practicing a bit these days, the alternate picking stuff though just seems completely impossible for me to get in sync :/

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2012, 03:07:20 PM »
Thanks a lot :) Its just impro, but I'm practicing a bit these days, the alternate picking stuff though just seems completely impossible for me to get in sync :/
It takes time and practice.
I used to hate working with a metronome, but it really does help, especially when youre trying to work your way up to some of the really fast alternate picking stuff.

I really have a hard time sweep picking arpeggios for some reason.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2012, 03:08:39 PM »

What is your band's name? "All Hair No Substance"?  ;D