Author Topic: Grid failure , Black out in New Delhi  (Read 2057 times)

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
Grid failure , Black out in New Delhi
« on: July 30, 2012, 08:46:10 AM »
Red Dot Indians very upset my friends over BLackout and cant watch Olympics....

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/07/30/uk-india-blackout-idUSLNE86T00920120730

India blackout leaves 300 million  :o :o :o :o without power

(Reuters) - Grid failure left more than 300 million people without power in New Delhi and much of northern India on Monday in the worst blackout for more than a decade, highlighting chronic infrastructure woes holding back Asia's third-largest economy.

The lights in Delhi and seven states went out in the early hours and had not been restored by the morning rush-hour, leaving the capital's workers sweltering overnight, then stranded at metro stations in the morning as trains were cancelled.

Power shortages and a creaky road and rail network have weighed heavily on the country's efforts to industrialize. Faced with a slump in the economy, New Delhi recently scaled back a target to pump $1 trillion into infrastructure over the next five years.

Blackouts lasting up to eight hours a day are frequent in much of the country and have sparked angry protests on the industrial fringes of Delhi this summer, the hottest in years.

Chaos reigned on Delhi's always-hectic roads on Monday as stop lights failed and thousands of commuters abandoned the metro.

"I'm 45 minutes late for work. First, no power since 2 in the morning, then no water to take a shower and now the metro is delayed by 13 minutes after being stuck in traffic for half an hour," said 32-year-old Keshav Shah, who works in a multinational software company 30 km outside the capital.

"As if I wasn't dreading Monday enough, this had to happen."

Power Minister Sushilkumar Shinde blamed the outage on an incident near Agra, the home of the Taj Mahal, without giving details. He said 60 percent of normal service had been restored by mid-morning and full power would be back in the afternoon.

Authorities made restoring services to hospitals and transport systems a priority. By midday electricity had returned to much of Delhi and Uttar Pradesh, a state with more people than Brazil. Rajasthan, Punjab and Jammu and Kashmir were also hit.

"When the northern grid failed, we started taking power from the eastern and western grids," Shinde told reporters. "We will take some power from Bhutan too."

India suffers a peak hour power deficit of about 12 percent. It has been made worse this year by a weak monsoon, driving demand from farmers pumping more water from wells.

The outage forced the shutdown of hydroelectric plants in the Himalayan state of Himachal Pradesh and thermal power stations in the wheat belt of Punjab and Haryana. They were slowly restarting on Monday morning.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
Re: Grid failure , Black out in New Delhi
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 10:30:37 AM »
I can only imagine the smell

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 10:35:18 AM »
I can only imagine the smell

300 million stinky fucking Indians and no Air Or Air circulation , and summer time  ??? ???  :-X :-X :-X

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 10:37:11 AM »
Pretty sure no problem of this sort has happened in Dubai, INDIA thanks to Matt T.'s humanitarian investments.

CAPTAIN INSANO

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 10:37:20 AM »

300 million stinky fucking Indians and no Air Or Air circulation , and summer time  ??? ???  :-X :-X :-X

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 10:37:29 AM »
They'll survive, check out these photos of daily life in certain areas -

http://www.chinasmack.com/2010/pictures/filthy-india-photos-chinese-netizen-reactions.html .

Definitely not for the weak of stomach.

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2012, 10:39:30 AM »
They'll survive, check out these photos of daily life in certain areas -

http://www.chinasmack.com/2010/pictures/filthy-india-photos-chinese-netizen-reactions.html .

Definitely not for the weak of stomach.

For FUCK SAKE  :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • significantly cheaper and federally legal
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2012, 10:46:03 AM »
Dubia, India

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2012, 10:55:25 AM »
I didn`t even know they had electricity yet.

A whole country full of conveince store owners with no power.  :D

Quickie-Mart will definately feel the effects financially.

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2012, 11:15:48 AM »
I'm sure it will all be straightened out before the Sheru Classic. 

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2012, 02:12:03 PM »
Pretty sure no problem of this sort has happened in Dubai, INDIA thanks to Matt T.'s humanitarian investments.

Lmao

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2012, 06:28:03 PM »
That's fuckng gross. And people wonder why westerners have a sense of entitlement and superiority.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2012, 06:38:19 PM »
Better get their shit together.  If they miss the manufacturing migration they'll be screwed.  Should have been doing better than China already since there isn't that whole political/human rights/military minded government stigma associated with India, but they seem to be getting left in the dust.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2012, 12:32:53 AM »
Christ, what a shithole. I always wondered why any sane westerner would wanna go to these kinds of places.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2012, 02:40:38 AM »
My recomendation: stop breeding like fucking rabbits. 300 million packed into that small area?  WTF are you people thinking? seriously?  You're worried about the olympics lol? I think you have a few bigger concerns ::)