Author Topic: Well it turns out James Holmes was seeing a psychiatrist.  (Read 10246 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Well it turns out James Holmes was seeing a psychiatrist.
« on: July 27, 2012, 04:17:10 PM »
Defense: Aurora shooting suspect saw psychiatrist
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57481595/defense-aurora-shooting-suspect-saw-psychiatrist/

I'll bet he was on anti-depressants...  If so, he can be added to the long list, that is unless the drug companies are successful in getting a gag order on it--they'll try if he was on them.
http://ssristories.com/

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Well it turns out James Holmes was seeing a psychiatrist.
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 07:11:48 PM »
Defense: Aurora shooting suspect saw psychiatrist
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57481595/defense-aurora-shooting-suspect-saw-psychiatrist/

I'll bet he was on anti-depressants...  If so, he can be added to the long list, that is unless the drug companies are successful in getting a gag order on it--they'll try if he was on them.
http://ssristories.com/

That lady is going to get sued up the yin yang. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 07:15:37 PM »

That lady is going to get sued up the yin yang. 
why?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 07:22:28 PM »
why?

failure to report, negligence , professional malpractice, etc.   he is going to get sued just to get possible discovery.   

but there is an issue of course w confidentiality. 

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2012, 07:25:25 PM »
There was all kinds of warnings, from the Psychiatrist to the letter he mailed.

Again, ignored.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2012, 07:33:04 PM »
There was all kinds of warnings, from the Psychiatrist to the letter he mailed.

Again, ignored.
I thought the letter to her, the psychiatrist arrived after the shooting?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2012, 07:34:33 PM »
I thought the letter to her, the psychiatrist arrived after the shooting?

Nope , it sat in the mailroom for a week. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2012, 07:40:57 PM »
Nope , it sat in the mailroom for a week. 
"The source did not know whether the package contained a notebook, as Fox reported. But the source did say that Fox went too far in stating the package "sat unopened in a mailroom for as long as a week before its discovery Monday." More investigation is required before police can determine when it arrived and how long it sat, the source said."
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/ondeadline/post/2012/07/fox-notebook-with-shooting-details-sent--to-psychiatrist/1

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2012, 08:00:33 PM »
Seeing a psychiatrist makes him one of probably about 30 to 40 million people.  Taking antidepressants likely puts him in a similar category. 

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2012, 08:43:52 PM »
failure to report, negligence , professional malpractice, etc.   he is going to get sued just to get possible discovery.   

but there is an issue of course w confidentiality. 

Any lawsuit against him would be thrown out of court in an instant although no attorney would bother filing it knowing what would happen
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2012, 08:47:10 PM »

Any lawsuit against him would be thrown out of court in an instant although no attorney would bother filing it knowing what would happen

Why?   

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2012, 09:05:55 PM »
The Underlying Cause of Suicides and Homicides with SSRI Antidepressants:
Is It the Drugs, the Doctors, or the Drug Companies?
How a dysfunctional medical-pharmaceutical complex causes and perpetuates unnecessary harm.
Jay S. Cohen M.D.

Reports of unusual, severe reactions with selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor antidepressant drugs (SSRIs) emerged soon after the first SSRI, Prozac, was introduced in 1988. One of my own patients, a woman with a mild depressive disorder and no history of major psychiatric symptoms, became psychotic after just three days on Prozac. Another woman, a highly successful attorney, developed such severe panic attacks that she couldn't work. Such cases were reported so frequently that Congress held hearings on the issue in the early 1990s. But because the hearings got no further than arguing whether SSRIs cause suicidal and homicidal behavior or not, and never looked at the underlying causes, nothing was accomplished.

I have never doubted that SSRIs (Prozac, Paxil, Zoloft, Celexa, Lexapro, Luvox, Effexor, Sarafem) can provoke impulsive, violent behavior. Now, sixteen years after the first reports, British regulatory authorities have acted against the use of SSRIs in children because of an increased incidence of suicide. This forced the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to take a second look. In early February 2004, a FDA advisory committee heard powerful testimony from bereaved parents and medical experts and issued a call for stronger warnings on the labels of these drugs. The FDA is considering it.

Even if the FDA acts, will such warnings make any difference? Not likely. As the FDA has learned, adding warnings to package inserts does little to improve how doctors prescribe drugs.1-3 Doctors kept prescribing Rezulin and Seldane inappropriately despite added warnings, and patients continued dying until the drugs were withdrawn. About 20% of all medications ultimately require additional "black-box" warnings about dangerous side effects discovered after the drugs' approvals,1 yet despite these additional warnings, doctors' prescribing methods remain poor and the incidence of medication-caused hospitalizations and deaths remains high.

Merely adding warnings to package inserts is inadequate because once doctors begin prescribing a drug, they don't read every updated package insert of every drug they use. Doing so would take hours, and package inserts are long and written in tiny, barely readable script, so new warnings are easily overlooked. Moreover, it usually takes years for such warnings to be added to package inserts, during which time doctors continue prescribing the drugs to millions of people. The fact is, most doctors rely on information provided by the drug companies' legions of sales representatives who accentuate the positive and downplay the negative.

What should be done? The answer is obvious: look at why these reactions are occurring and impose appropriate solutions.

My book, Over Dose: The Case Against The Drug Companies (Tarcher/Putnam 2001)4 laid it out and, for doing so, received excellent reviews including the recommendation of the Journal of the American Medical Association. Here is a more succinct explanation of why good drugs cause so much unnecessary harm, and why the medical-pharmaceutical complex allows it to happen again and again

cont... http://medicationsense.com/articles/april_june_04/underlying_cause.html

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2012, 09:10:24 PM »
In October 2006, a study came out in the Public Library of Science-Medicine journal, conducted by Dr. David Healy, director of Cardiff University’s North Wales department of psychological medicine, which found that the antidepressant Paxil raises the risk of violence.  Though the study focuses specifically on Paxil, Healy reasoned that other antidepressant drugs like Prozac, Celexa and Zoloft, most likely pose the same risk of violence.  “We’ve got good evidence that the drugs can make people violent and you’d have to reason from that that there may be more episodes of violence,” Healy said.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2012, 09:29:41 PM »
Seeing a psychiatrist makes him one of probably about 30 to 40 million people.  Taking antidepressants likely puts him in a similar category. 
ON FOX NEWS.

@3:57 in the video... Drug Companies suppressed studies that found anti-depressants actually increased both violent and suicidal tendencies as well as the fact they are addictive.

Chew on those beens Mr. Smug

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2012, 09:38:00 PM »
ON FOX NEWS.

@3:57 in the video... Drug Companies suppressed studies that found anti-depressants actually increased both violent and suicidal tendencies as well as the fact they are addictive.

Chew on those beens Mr. Smug

Ok Yosemite Sam, so what?  What part of the video says people taking antidepressants become psychotic mass murderers?   

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2012, 09:44:33 PM »
Ok Yosemite Sam, so what?  What part of the video says people taking antidepressants become psychotic mass murderers?   

Violent Tendencies is pretty much a prerequisite for psychotic mass murderers don't you think?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2012, 09:47:41 PM »
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So it's shown that anti-depressants INCREASE SUICIDAL AND VIOLENT TENDANCIES and the drug companies suppressed those trials

AND BB'S Reaction IS...................... ........................ ..

Der, but where does it say you'll become a murder if you take them...

Fucking priceless BB ;D

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2012, 09:50:10 PM »
BB's next reply will go something like... der, just because you have become violent and suicidal do not mean you gonna kill a dozen people der....

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2012, 06:04:28 PM »
Ohh... poor poor baby...  You were so butthurt you had to move almost all of my posts, even the ones that had absolutely nothing to do with you and tu. ::)

That's ok, I can move your shit too ;D

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2012, 06:16:38 PM »
Again, who cares?  You're trying to establish that Holmes was psychotic.  The fact antidepressants can increase violent and suicidal tendencies doesn't establish that Holmes was psychotic.   

Unless you're just being a simpleton. 
You're twisting what I've said.  I called him nuts.  I have not made a case anywhere that he is clinically insane only that it's natural for people to call people like Holmes fucking nutbags and that it's my personal opinion that you have to be out of your mind to do what Holmes did.  I've not even said anywhere that Holmes in on or was on anti-depressants.  I've only said that I bet he was.  It's a guess, not a fact.

The only thing I'm establishing in this thread is that anti-depressants increase violent and suicidal tendencies and that there is a freaking massive list of both voilent acts and suicides by people on anti-depressants.

LOL that I guessed real close to what your next post would be.  You're such a gomer it's hilarous...

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2012, 06:17:33 PM »
::)
I guessed his next post pretty close ;D

Statement: LOL....  A drug that increases violent tendencies in trials is being taken by about 30 million people in America.

BB: Der... yea. so

lol

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2012, 06:18:55 PM »
Post removed by BB ::)

wait, SSRI's "increase" violent activity?  Seriously? 

I have a few mild ticks that have pretty much gone away since age 30.  When I was young, they'd manifest in counting thing, hand things, really annoying little pecarrillos.  So the doc said "try this SSRI" for mild OCD.   I tells ya, all I did was sleep all day long and want to eat wendys triple cheeseburgers.

Maybe different SSRIs are known to amp up a person... but wow, I was like a stoned hippie all day... sleep, eat, giggle... I coudln't stay on it any longer cause I lost all productivity.  I know some people who use them kill themselves - but - people who use  them for depression might be close to suicide anyway?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2012, 06:19:52 PM »
Yeah. Right.   ::)  You weren't trying to link him seeing a psychiatrist or anti-depressants with him being "nuts." 

Nobody was arguing that people don't see shrinks or take drugs. 
::) You're not nuts just because you're seeing a psychiatrist.  This isn't fucking 1950.  Have you read anything I've posted in this thread?  Did you even read the first post?  anti-depressants can alter the brain in a way that makes you not give a shit.  That's not good imo and that's why so many mass killings end up associated with anti-depressant use.  With the "I don't give a shit" turned on your brain has been chemically switch toward psychopath mode.  Look at the definition of a psychopath... it's quite amazing how many of the attributes match the effects or side effects of anti-depressant use.  Not good.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2012, 06:20:36 PM »
wait, SSRI's "increase" violent activity?  Seriously? 

I have a few mild ticks that have pretty much gone away since age 30.  When I was young, they'd manifest in counting thing, hand things, really annoying little pecarrillos.  So the doc said "try this SSRI" for mild OCD.   I tells ya, all I did was sleep all day long and want to eat wendys triple cheeseburgers.

Maybe different SSRIs are known to amp up a person... but wow, I was like a stoned hippie all day... sleep, eat, giggle... I coudln't stay on it any longer cause I lost all productivity.  I know some people who use them kill themselves - but - people who use  them for depression might be close to suicide anyway?
look at the wikipage.  There's a chart on the bottom of the page.  different drugs effect different receptors and in different amounts.  Also the same drug taken by two differerent people can have extreme different effects.  One person might react like you did and another could react like they're on heroine which is documented.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antidepressant

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2012, 06:21:19 PM »
Hmmmm.....

Dr. Lynne Fenton was disciplined by the Colorado Medical Board in 2005

According to 7News, which cited state records, Fenton was reprimanded for prescribing medication to herself, her husband and an employee. The medications, prescribed in the late 1990s, included prescriptions for Vicodin, Xanax, Lorazepam and Ambien, according to 7News.

Fenton was also reprimanded for failing to maintain a medical chart or to enter appropriate entries for the charts relating to herself, her husband or the employee, 7News reported.

As part of the reprimand, Fenton had to complete more than 50 hours of medical training and to promise not to prescribe medications to family members or employees, according to 7News.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-holmes-doctor-20120728,0,5513197.story