Author Topic: Muscle Beach - Venice Beach Muscle Classic Memorial Day  (Read 2204 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Muscle Beach - Venice Beach Muscle Classic Memorial Day
« on: May 27, 2014, 08:39:59 AM »
I didn't go but this was posted of my old training partner and friend Doug Brignole who at 53 has some crazy conditioning. This blows me away...

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
Re: Venice Beach Muscle Classic
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 10:04:14 AM »
I didn't go but this was posted of my old training partner and friend Doug Brignole who at 53 has some crazy conditioning. This blows me away...

FUK YEAH ABS AND CHEST CONDITIONING LOOK AWESOME,HE WAS GREAT AAU DAYS ,TALL ZANE/GREAT POSER,GUY WHO HELPED ME COMPETE WAS FROM 80/90'S SAME TYPE BUILD AND A MASTER PRO NOW HE RESEMBLES HIM FACIALLY AS WELL.

liberty

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 10:05:47 AM »
This recent? He looks a lot better here than he did at the 2011 Masters Nationals :)

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 10:07:03 AM »
This recent? He looks a lot better here than he did at the 2011 Masters Nationals :)
pic from yesterday

liberty

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 10:09:12 AM »
Looks great....Had great lines back in the day too !

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2014, 10:17:27 AM »
One thing about Doug is, he always has came in shredded.

Mr. MB

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2014, 10:39:42 AM »
Coach we obviously know each other from another life. I was one of Doug's first members in Pasadena. Knew him well as he raised money for the gym. My late wife kept him employed thru friends during that period. Ran into him at the 2011 NPC Masters where 2 things happened. 1. He was not in shape like in above pic. 2. NPC punished him for his AAU connection as they always do. Being a high placer in AAU shows I knew better and did some NPC shows prior to Pittsburgh. Doug can go back this July and do great as long as he hurries and jumps into a west coast NPC Masters show first.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2014, 10:44:16 AM »
Met Doug a couple of years ago at the Masters Nationals ,helluva` nice guy,and looked great.

We talked about Jeff King and the old days and I still keep in touch with him here and there.

Joe,you either know or trained with some awesome bodybuilders my friend.

You were pretty awesome too......still are!  :D

NO HOMO

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2014, 10:52:22 AM »
Looks great....Had great lines back in the day too !

now that's bodybuilding.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2014, 10:54:42 AM »
Coach we obviously know each other from another life. I was one of Doug's first members in Pasadena. Knew him well as he raised money for the gym. My late wife kept him employed thru friends during that period. Ran into him at the 2011 NPC Masters where 2 things happened. 1. He was not in shape like in above pic. 2. NPC punished him for his AAU connection as they always do. Being a high placer in AAU shows I knew better and did some NPC shows prior to Pittsburgh. Doug can go back this July and do great as long as he hurries and jumps into a west coast NPC Masters show first.

Do you mean his gym that was down on Arroyo Pkwy? I also believe it was around 2011 that he made his comeback to competitive bodybuilding. You're not by any chance a Chiropractor are you?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2014, 10:57:02 AM »
Met Doug a couple of years ago at the Masters Nationals ,helluva` nice guy,and looked great.

We talked about Jeff King and the old days and I still keep in touch with him here and there.

NO HOMO

Thanks Wes, I feel like I grew up in a great time in that era of bodybuilding. I have some great memories.

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2014, 11:49:39 AM »

DAMN......INSANE CONDITIONING!!

LittleJ

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2014, 11:54:28 AM »
Great shape on this fella but way too many freaks at Venice.  I once seen a woman with all her fingers and toes bent all the way back. Strange place

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2014, 11:58:45 AM »
 ;D one of doug's covers.
F

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2014, 12:08:41 PM »
;D one of doug's covers.
THAT PIC IS SICK.TALL ZANE..CROSSED WITH SHREDDED 88 DEMEY..

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2014, 12:09:58 PM »
T

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2014, 12:37:05 PM »

NO HOMO

Mr. MB

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2014, 05:13:08 PM »
Do you mean his gym that was down on Arroyo Pkwy? I also believe it was around 2011 that he made his comeback to competitive bodybuilding. You're not by any chance a Chiropractor are you?

His gym on Green and Delacy then later down on the Pkwy. Not a DC. A big rig truck salesman. I was competing during that period. Won the Muscle Beach twice in the Masters and took a second against the youngsters.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2014, 08:25:21 PM »
His gym on Green and Delacy then later down on the Pkwy. Not a DC. A big rig truck salesman. I was competing during that period. Won the Muscle Beach twice in the Masters and took a second against the youngsters.

Did you by any chance train at Pearl's during the mid-late 70's? Just trying to see if we might have known each other.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2014, 08:28:10 PM »

Shit, he's 53?

Time fucking flies, Joe. I remember when he still had the gym in Pas.

Mr. MB

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2014, 10:51:28 PM »
Did you by any chance train at Pearl's during the mid-late 70's? Just trying to see if we might have known each other.

No....joined Pearl's on Green early 1980. Became good friends with Harry and ended up being his WO partner for a few years when he moved over to Montrose.  Trained with Bill a few times incl. Solo. Just heard today Harry has moved to Oregon. Perhaps he and Bill are close again.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2014, 10:54:01 PM »
No....joined Pearl's on Green early 1980. Became good friends with Harry and ended up being his WO partner for a few years when he moved over to Montrose.  Trained with Bill a few times incl. Solo. Just heard today Harry has moved to Oregon. Perhaps he and Bill are close again.

If you knew Solo ElFaizy then we probably knew each other.