Author Topic: Testosterone boosters  (Read 25972 times)

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
Testosterone boosters
« on: October 04, 2006, 04:02:03 AM »
http://www.thehormoneshop.com/maintainingtestosterone.htm

Well, when I'm very tired due to work stress, overtraining, or "night life abuse", I usually take zinc 30mg/magn/B6 100mg. A few years ago I read a study that showed that these 3 suplements could boost protein synthesis by incresing testosterone. Coinincidence or not, I had stregth gains and as well as weight gains (way before any juicing (that I do once a year)). I have a friend that responds very well to Acetabolan III, although he also uses ZMA on summer (don't know why)!
In your opinion what is the best suplement on the market?
I leave you the above link with some interesting data on test maintenance.
S

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Testosterone boosters
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2006, 06:38:31 PM »
http://www.thehormoneshop.com/maintainingtestosterone.htm

Well, when I'm very tired due to work stress, overtraining, or "night life abuse", I usually take zinc 30mg/magn/B6 100mg. A few years ago I read a study that showed that these 3 suplements could boost protein synthesis by incresing testosterone. Coinincidence or not, I had stregth gains and as well as weight gains (way before any juicing (that I do once a year)). I have a friend that responds very well to Acetabolan III, although he also uses ZMA on summer (don't know why)!
In your opinion what is the best suplement on the market?
I leave you the above link with some interesting data on test maintenance.

Acetabolan III has ZMA in it.

I personally think that MuscleTech yanked the Tribulus Terrestris from Acetabolan III as a precaution, because of all the business with the prohormone banning. I've used the components listed in their previous formula, Acetabolan II, which had ALC, Trib, Vitamin C, NAC, and ZMA. It's worked well for me (although I don't use ZMA; I've replaced that with Avena Sativa).

You can get Trib, Avena Sativa, and ALC fairly cheap at GNC and Vitamin World. I'd recommend the Trib from Ultimate Nutrition or NOW Sports Nutrition.

marinesgt

• Getbig III
  • Talk again..I'll snatch the life from your body...
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2006, 01:17:44 PM »
I have a bottle of androtest..its been pretty good from what i've seen..
FIYAAAH!

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2006, 02:49:16 PM »
I personally feel me test levels are kinda low at the mo. I mean i feel trainnigs going well but other areas, low sex drive etc (doesnt mean i dont do it anyway, i struggle through lol). Thats due to lower test levels yes??

davie
It isn't the mountains ah

mrfitness81

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2006, 03:42:22 PM »
I was using zinc and magnesium for boosting my test (ZMA is zinc, mag and vit b6), and after I read an article regarding zinc and magnesium deficiency I upped the intake of both minerals. I’ve defiantly noticed a difference in my aggression, sex drive and progress in the gym.

Dr Franco Columbo recommends in his nutrition book taking 1500mg of Magnesium and 100mg of Zinc per day if you are a competitive bodybuilder.

Give it a try.

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2006, 04:21:58 PM »
I was using zinc and magnesium for boosting my test (ZMA is zinc, mag and vit b6), and after I read an article regarding zinc and magnesium deficiency I upped the intake of both minerals. I’ve defiantly noticed a difference in my aggression, sex drive and progress in the gym.

Dr Franco Columbo recommends in his nutrition book taking 1500mg of Magnesium and 100mg of Zinc per day if you are a competitive bodybuilder.

Give it a try.

Can u get zinc and magnesium tablets in supermarkets like u can get multi vitamins??

davie

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2006, 06:39:24 PM »
the best testosterone boosters are healthy fats

mrfitness81

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2006, 03:17:21 AM »
If you can't get then in the supermarket you can order them online very cheaply, i get mine from holland & barrett (Im in the UK).

And i agree with Pobrecito about fat intake, you want to make sure you are getting enough essential fatty acids (Cod liver oil and Flax Seed oil) and you also do want some saturated fat in your diet too. Saturated fat (i get mine from eggs and beef) is needed by the body to produce steriod and all other essential hormones.

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2006, 12:24:17 PM »
If you can't get then in the supermarket you can order them online very cheaply, i get mine from holland & barrett (Im in the UK).

And i agree with Pobrecito about fat intake, you want to make sure you are getting enough essential fatty acids (Cod liver oil and Flax Seed oil) and you also do want some saturated fat in your diet too. Saturated fat (i get mine from eggs and beef) is needed by the body to produce steriod and all other essential hormones.

Were are you in the UK bro, im in scotland not far from edinburgh!

Il check at me local supermarket tommorow.

"zinc and magnesium tablets," Thats what im after yeah??

davie

mrfitness81

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2006, 03:47:08 PM »
You want to pick up zinc, magnesium and taking some vitamin b6 with them is good also (this is what ZMA is). Do not get a zinc, magnesium and calcium supplement combo.

Zinc, magnesium need to be taken seperatly from calcium as they compete for the same receptors and reduce absorbsion of the nutrients.

As in the earlier post make sure your essential fatty acid (cod liver or flax oil) is good too.

Oh, im in London btw.

Nathan

• Getbig III
  • 5'11 185 lbs
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2006, 04:00:14 PM »
Here in Canada u can get mag and zinc in any drug store or supermarket. I read sweet patatos are good for raising test also.
P

XS

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2006, 03:44:42 PM »
A nice, lean 16oz. new york strip or fillet twice a week + a couple of slabs of broiled ocean fish 2 to 3 times a week will more than do the trick fellas. Think food first.. Add some extra olive oil to your pasta dishes and you are in business.. Think food first..

Nathan

• Getbig III
  • 5'11 185 lbs
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2006, 03:42:48 PM »
mmmm now u made me hungy lol
P

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2006, 12:36:24 PM »
May I also suggest cruciferous vegetables (broccoli, cabbage, etc) for their well documented anti-estrogenic effect.  Not only do you want to boost testosterone, you want to alter (in your favor) the ratio of testosterone to estrogen.  The body tends to keep these in balance unless something interferes.

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2006, 12:37:40 PM »
PS- That's why beef and brocolli (add garlic) is a particularly potent bodybuilding meal.

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2006, 03:37:23 AM »
PS- That's why beef and brocolli (add garlic) is a particularly potent bodybuilding meal.
Very interesting! I know that garlic has anti-virus properties, but I didn't know that it can enhance anabolism.
S

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2006, 08:17:31 AM »
Very interesting! I know that garlic has anti-virus properties, but I didn't know that it can enhance anabolism.

Garlic has shown propensities for testosterone boosting in studies involving rodents, but the dosage needs to be very very high (.8g of garlic per 100g of food).  Regardless, I figure it can't hurt and it tastes well with red meat.

jonno gb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2006, 01:34:45 PM »
Garlic has shown propensities for testosterone boosting in studies involving rodents, but the dosage needs to be very very high (.8g of garlic per 100g of food).  Regardless, I figure it can't hurt and it tastes well with red meat.
As long as you don't have it before a date ;)

Alex23

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2006, 01:22:39 AM »
Marry a Sicilian chick (I did), she won't mind!

I just threw up in my mouth  ::)

smaul

• Getbig IV
  • Lets build some hurting bombs!
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2006, 04:13:15 AM »

I just threw up in my mouth  ::)

What're you even doing on this board?  ;)
It hasn't helped...

Jay8899

• Getbig II
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2012, 12:53:09 PM »
For boosting test naturally,I usually lift weights and eat plenty of food and up my fat intakes depending the situation.

I also throw in some DAA and Erase here and there.