Author Topic: Michael Phelps Diet Challenge (12,000+ Calories)  (Read 31384 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: Michael Phelps Diet Challenge (12,000+ Calories)
« Reply #125 on: September 30, 2014, 01:30:56 PM »
I 100% believe Phelps took that in. I have two Olympians one with a Silver and a third preparing for RIO in 2016. Two are sprinters in cycling (Velodrome) and one a rower (crew). On each athlete I had them give me a three day sample of their eating program. All were below what their needs should have been and were below 2700kcals. After figuring out what they would need based on weight, cal expendature, etc. All were raised to above 5500 to 7000kcals. The BW's ranges between 145-170lbs. This worked two fold in the way that they not only burned more BF but helped break their PR's not only in the gym but on the track and in the water. In other words their performance skyrocketed.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #126 on: September 30, 2014, 03:56:17 PM »
i heard some homo say during the broadcasting that one of the female swimmers (i think the deaf one with a catfish face) ate more then Phelps  ::) ::) ::)

Video or it never happened, yea and i bet she burns 20,000 calories every 100meters  ::) ::)

This one, who ever she is

:D
b

MP

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy metal. The only way.
« Reply #127 on: September 30, 2014, 05:23:37 PM »
Hershel Walker?

You seriously don't know who that is?

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: September 30, 2014, 05:34:15 PM »

Simple Simon

« Reply #129 on: October 01, 2014, 02:33:41 AM »
I 100% believe Phelps took that in. I have two Olympians one with a Silver and a third preparing for RIO in 2016. Two are sprinters in cycling (Velodrome) and one a rower (crew). On each athlete I had them give me a three day sample of their eating program. All were below what their needs should have been and were below 2700kcals. After figuring out what they would need based on weight, cal expendature, etc. All were raised to above 5500 to 7000kcals. The BW's ranges between 145-170lbs. This worked two fold in the way that they not only burned more BF but helped break their PR's not only in the gym but on the track and in the water. In other words their performance skyrocketed.

What did their diets consist of before and after?

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: October 01, 2014, 06:38:15 AM »
Most people that throw huge kcal numbers around like 10,000 per day, are the same people that say they're doing weights to 'tone up some fat', absolutely clueless about even the basics.

I wouldn't be surprised if Phelps ate 5-6k if his training days involved maybe 3 hours swimming total

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #131 on: October 01, 2014, 07:41:33 AM »
American Hero

Simple Simon

« Reply #132 on: October 01, 2014, 10:29:57 AM »
Most people that throw huge kcal numbers around like 10,000 per day, are the same people that say they're doing weights to 'tone up some fat', absolutely clueless about even the basics.

I wouldn't be surprised if Phelps ate 5-6k if his training days involved maybe 3 hours swimming total
I dont give a fuck who they are, Coach says someone was eating 2700 cals and he bumped them up to 5-7000
I call bullshit, he may have told them to eat that much but they didnt, I dont give a fuck how much they were exercising you cant eat that much food consistently at that bodyweight (145lbs)
To eat that much food would mean you couldn't even exercise, cardio after stuffing down food, garbage.

You cant just double someones food intake and expect them to be able to eat it every day.
The guys eating 2700 cals was an Olympic athlete, Im pretty sure he was eating as much as he could and knew a little bit about nutrition, for him then to just double his food intake whilst maintaining the same training routine is ludicrous.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #133 on: October 01, 2014, 11:25:55 AM »
I dont give a fuck who they are, Coach says someone was eating 2700 cals and he bumped them up to 5-7000
I call bullshit, he may have told them to eat that much but they didnt, I dont give a fuck how much they were exercising you cant eat that much food consistently at that bodyweight (145lbs)
To eat that much food would mean you couldn't even exercise, cardio after stuffing down food, garbage.

You cant just double someones food intake and expect them to be able to eat it every day.
The guys eating 2700 cals was an Olympic athlete, Im pretty sure he was eating as much as he could and knew a little bit about nutrition, for him then to just double his food intake whilst maintaining the same training routine is ludicrous.

Hey genius, before you go spouting off about shit you know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about let me fill you in just a little. 1. These are olympic athletes, that means they do this shit FOR A LIVING. 2. Their training regimen consists of training not just with me, but their other coaches as well. It's a full time job.

You're sitting here trying to justify how someone can eat that much. When you expend that kind of energy in a day, it's relatively easy. Was it easy for them to make that adjustment..not really but it wasn't that hard either. Yes, I do know that they eat at least that much because I hold them accountable. That being said it reflects in their performance. These aren't people who stand on a stage, stick pins in their asses and hardly train.

My serious suggestion to you is to keep out of discussions you know nothing about.

Simple Simon

« Reply #134 on: October 01, 2014, 11:33:39 AM »
Hey genius, before you go spouting off about shit you know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about let me fill you in just a little. 1. These are olympic athletes, that means they do this shit FOR A LIVING. 2. Their training regimen consists of training not just with me, but their other coaches as well. It's a full time job.

You're sitting here trying to justify how someone can eat that much. When you expend that kind of energy in a day, it's relatively easy. Was it easy for them to make that adjustment..not really but it wasn't that hard either. Yes, I do know that they eat at least that much because I hold them accountable. That being said it reflects in their performance. These aren't people who stand on a stage, stick pins in their asses and hardly train.

My serious suggestion to you is to keep out of discussions you know nothing about.

Yet they we all eating half the amount of food they should have been??

Until they came to you that is, obviously you know way more than Olympic level coaches  ::)

Get the fuck out of here

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: October 01, 2014, 11:59:50 AM »
Strange how this was bumped today after 2 years, and hours later the guy in the videos announces he has testicular cancer

Simple Simon

« Reply #136 on: October 01, 2014, 12:01:10 PM »
Strange how this was bumped today after 2 years, and hours later the guy in the videos announces he has testicular cancer
the curse of getbig

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #137 on: October 01, 2014, 12:27:21 PM »
Yet they we all eating half the amount of food they should have been??

Until they came to you that is, obviously you know way more than Olympic level coaches  ::)

Get the fuck out of here

You got it chief. Unless you have big sponsors, most can't afford a nutritionist. Don't confuse their coaches with actual nutritionists. As far as knowing more than Olympic level coaches? Explain that to me? What does that mean? 

Simple Simon

« Reply #138 on: October 01, 2014, 12:32:51 PM »
You got it chief. Unless you have big sponsors, most can't afford a nutritionist. Don't confuse their coaches with actual nutritionists. As far as knowing more than Olympic level coaches? Explain that to me? What does that mean? 
Its not worth the effort mate, you are full of bullshit.
A guy training hard for the Olympics eating 2700 cals suddenly is able to eat 7000 cals at 145lbs bodyweight

Yes, I believe he did eat that every day as well

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #139 on: October 01, 2014, 12:40:33 PM »
Its not worth the effort mate, you are full of bullshit.
A guy training hard for the Olympics eating 2700 cals suddenly is able to eat 7000 cals at 145lbs bodyweight

Yes, I believe he did eat that every day as well

1. I said between 5500 and 7000kcals. The 5500 is 145, 7000 is 170. And oh, they're all females.

I personally couldn't careless if you think it's bullshit or not. Not here to convince you. Simpleton.

You can go away now...

http://healthdecide.orcahealth.com/2012/08/03/diet-of-olympic-athletes/#.VCxZ3vldVAE

Simple Simon

« Reply #140 on: October 01, 2014, 12:58:17 PM »
1. I said between 5500 and 7000kcals. The 5500 is 145, 7000 is 170. And oh, they're all females.

I personally couldn't careless if you think it's bullshit or not. Not here to convince you. Simpleton.

You can go away now...

http://healthdecide.orcahealth.com/2012/08/03/diet-of-olympic-athletes/#.VCxZ3vldVAE

Almond Butter
Two-time Olympic medalist and beach volleyball player Kerri Walsh Jennings, from team USA says she has a lot of almond butter and honey sandwiches throughout the day, especially before she competes, according to EatingWell.com.

Beans On Toast
Talk about a breakfast for champions. U.K. diver Tom Daley says he has beans on toast for breakfast, according to Yahoo.com.

Clif Gels
When vegan ultra-marathoner Scott Jurek needs a quick shot of energy, he often chooses gel packs from Clif (which he also endorses).

Dry Bars
Well, Team Russia won’t be celebrating with booze this year. According to the Telegraph, the Russian Olympic team and delegation have been banned from drinking alcohol during the games. This was probably a good idea.

Egg Whites
Skip the yellow and keep the white. U.K. handball captain Bobby White likes to eat two scrambled egg whites with fruit juice for breakfast, according to Men’s Health.

Feijoda
When Team Brazil lands in London, we can ensure you that Feijoda will be on their menu. The black bean stew, which is a traditional meal in Brazil, is considered a team favourite, according to PostCodeGazette.com.

Goat’s Head
At the Birmingham base, some chefs were requested to cook up goat head for visiting athletes from the Caribbean. But after failed attempts, they stuck with goat curry instead.

Horse
Turns out the Kazakhstan wrestling team doesn’t like horsing around. The team specially demanded horse sausage for their journey to their games, claiming it boosts their weightlifting abilities.

Instant Coffee
Yes, athletes do need their caffeine. Australian basketball player Lauren Jackson says she likes to mix instant coffee with light milk for breakfast.

Jam Sandwiches
When Paralympic cycling champion Sarah Storey is hitting the road, she says she often gets jam sandwiches handed to her on her route while riding.

Kale
American swimmer Natalie Coughlin says she loves to garden and has a whole bed of fresh kale and herbs.

Lasagna
Swimmer Dara Torres says her favourite dinnertime meal is a turkey-spinach lasagna with garlic bread, a mixed green salad and green beans.

Milkshakes
Diver Tom Daley also likes his chocolate milkshakes, especially at 12:30 p.m., according to Men’s Health.

Nuggets
Nugget lovers, rejoice — you can feel a bit healthy again. During the 2008 Beijing Olympics, Jamaican runner Usain Bolt says he was fuelled by chicken nuggets.

Oatcakes
British rower Pete Reed has one ultimate secret for building those muscles: Adding a cottage cheese-covered oatcake to your evening snack, he told Men’s Health.

Porridge
Malaysian badminton star Lee Chong Wei, who is recovering from a serious ankle injury, prefers hot soups and porridges — a staple back home.

Quinoa
American soccer player Abby Wambach says her go-to health foods are quinoa, sushi and Brussels sprouts, according to FoodAndWine.com.

Rice
Most athletes would probably say no to processed white rice, but if you’re in dire need of an Olympian body, add slow carbs like brown rice to your meal plan.

Shakes
It may sound like a stereotype, but athletes really do rely on shakes to get hits of protein and vegetables. They can be full of powder or ‘greens,’ but almost every single Olympian interviewed will inevitably mention their breakfast or post-workout shake as part of their day.

Tuna Steak
Fish is a big deal for Olympians, serving as it does as a source of protein and omega-3 fatty acids. For David Roberts, who’s competing in the Paralympics, the perfect dinner consists of a tuna steak and beetroot salad for a hit of both protein and vegetables.

Unsweetened Teas
For those who are running, green tea is a great option to help reduce muscle damage and speed recovery — but for Olympians who are taking in a lot of liquids, an unsweetened option is the best choice.

Vegetarian Diet
There have been many reports of athletes, particularly long-distance runners, taking a vegetarian or vegan approach to their diets to gain strength in new ways. But for the Chinese women’s volleyball team, they opted to stop eating meat because of the possibility of testing positive in the stringent drug tests performed at the Olympics — even if it’s affecting their athletic prowess.

Water
The single most important component of any athlete’s diet, one recommendation includes consuming half of one’s body weight in pure water, as well as sports drinks if required.

Xtreme Dieting
Some of us get concerned when we eat a handful of almonds too many — and then there’s Korean rhythmic gymnast Son Yeon-jae, whose trainers measure her food each day in grams, knowing even the slightest fluctuation in weight could devastate her routines. She does admit, however, that if she had her way, she’d eat pizza and ddukbokki (sweet and spicy rice cakes) all the time.

Yams
Last time around at the Summer Olympics, Usain Bolt’s father attributed his son’s immense speed to the yams that are ubiquitous in Jamaica. And with the country’s athletes favoured in 2012, we wouldn’t surprised to see more athletes piling them on their plates.

Zero Processed Foods
Make sure your food comes from, well, food, say the athletes — and this can’t be news to anyone watching what they eat. According to triathlete Sarah Groff, she sticks to whole grains, fruits and vegetables, not even diving into bars or supplements.

some huge eaters there, where do they get their stats from to quote 8,000 cals?

The Onion

• Getbig III
« Reply #141 on: October 01, 2014, 01:06:39 PM »