Author Topic: training harder??  (Read 4427 times)

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
training harder??
« on: November 01, 2005, 06:35:51 PM »
dude many people do way too many sets and go to failure on every set and literally can barely see straight by the end of the workout.    however they are just being idiots and overtraining, but are they training as hard as humanly possible?  probably. so all this training talk, who trains harder etc is a very dumb question. 
Valhalla awaits.

Jaded

• Getbig II
Re: training harder??
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2005, 07:52:13 PM »
i just made a turkey pot pie

aussie_wanna_b_big

• Getbig II
  • Lifes too short to be small
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2005, 08:20:30 PM »
Im sick of people who dont train hard at all, who just stand around talking/flirting, hogging the equipment.  I mean, at least they are in there having a go, but it can be frustrating.  There arent enough gyms in Northern AUstralia

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2005, 08:33:52 PM »
Im sick of people who dont train hard at all, who just stand around talking/flirting, hogging the equipment.  I mean, at least they are in there having a go, but it can be frustrating.  There arent enough gyms in Northern AUstralia

You're in the Army, why don't you ask them to move off if they aren't using the equipment?

Bare your nuts......if they don't like it too bad.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2005, 08:53:40 PM »

As long as they are not talking on their cell phones, I am cool with most people doing whatever they want in the gym.  Especially flirting/hitting on girls.  If you are not a hunter at the gym, I think you are missing a great oppurtunity!

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2005, 08:58:03 PM »
  As long as they are not talking on their cell phones, I am cool with most people doing whatever they want in the gym.  Especially flirting/hitting on girls.  If you are not a hunter at the gym, I think you are missing a great oppurtunity!

What's wrong with using a cell phone?
"Shut the F up and train"

aussie_wanna_b_big

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2005, 09:07:21 PM »
You're in the Army, why don't you ask them to move off if they aren't using the equipment?

Bare your nuts......if they don't like it too bad.

DIV

Because this happens at the Army gym. Its mainly the fat officers sit on the equipment and just talk to each other.  I try and ask them, but they just ignore.  Im not an officer, and im not gonna beat them up and end up in military prison

aussie_wanna_b_big

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2005, 09:10:03 PM »
I hear ya brother.  You know what I'm sick of, people who can't lift as much weight as I can in the exact same way that I do.  Yeah!  f**k Yeah!

Go back to stalking True Adonis/sarcasm

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2005, 09:10:50 PM »
Because this happens at the Army gym. Its mainly the fat officers sit on the equipment and just talk to each other.  I try and ask them, but they just ignore.  Im not an officer, and im not gonna beat them up and end up in military prison

I see your point, bro.

I never had that problem when I was in the Army.....

The officers were too busy running to be lifting weights.

Plus......they didn't sit on the equipment......they would let you work in if you wanted.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2005, 08:40:59 AM »
i just made a turkey pot pie

"you forgot ugly, lazy and disrespectful....SHUT UP BITCH!!!!!! go fix me a turkey pot pie!
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Aido

• Getbig II
  • Lift, Eat, Rest, Grow, Repeat.
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2005, 09:09:23 AM »
I hear ya brother.  You know what I'm sick of, people who can't lift as much weight as I can in the exact same way that I do.  Yeah!  f**k Yeah!

If you mean your 100 pound bench press with shit form then thats not something most people will strive for.  :o

BrooklynBB

• Getbig II
  • An Impala with the Top Chopped Off...
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2005, 10:17:29 PM »
dude many people do way too many sets and go to failure on every set and literally can barely see straight by the end of the workout.    however they are just being idiots and overtraining, but are they training as hard as humanly possible?  probably. so all this training talk, who trains harder etc is a very dumb question. 

Curious, were you responding to someone when you wrote the thread?  Just curious ... seems like a moved post or something.

Anyway, I can't stand it when a guy bench presses with 50 pound dumbbells and feels the need to throw them down when I see guys all the time benching the 110's and putting them down correctly. 

I also can't take cell phones while ON THE BENCH PRESS, or on a machine or in the middle of cable crossovers.  I also can't take them in the gym PERIOD.  Why?  Because while I'm busting my ass trying to lift weight I don't want to hear your stupid conversation with your girlfriend, or hear you arguing, or taking up space that someone else probably wants to use but you're so busy on your phone you ignore the person who wants to work out. 

What's so hard about going into the locker room to use your phone or even outside the gym?  Laziness. 

One final thing that pisses me off are people who try to give me advice who are skinnier than me and say I shouldn't lift as heavy.  I love that.

Ok, rant ends here.  :)

runnerbabe

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2005, 08:09:23 PM »

Anyway, I can't stand it when a guy bench presses with 50 pound dumbbells and feels the need to throw them down when I see guys all the time benching the 110's and putting them down correctly. 

I also can't take cell phones while ON THE BENCH PRESS, or on a machine or in the middle of cable crossovers.  I also can't take them in the gym PERIOD.

Amen to both---   Worse than that--some women tie up the gym bathrooms while talking on their cell phones ....LOL--

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2005, 10:38:07 PM »
yea its a moved post.  there were all these dumb threads about who trains harder arnold or ronnie, etc.

weedoutheweak, funny ass post earlier
Valhalla awaits.

Sculpter

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2005, 10:44:56 PM »
Why do people get so interested in what others do in the gym? When I train I couldn't even tell you what the last song was playing on the gym's stereo system!Stop watching what others in the gym are doing & train!!!

Bear03

• Getbig IV
  • back in the swing of things
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2005, 08:00:29 AM »
What the hell is the fun/point of going to the gym if you train like a vagina? 

Go hard or go home- cliche, but a good one to live by.
:-)

smallbenchj

• Getbig I
  • one more!
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2005, 10:31:17 AM »
Ah the gym just isn't what it use to be no yelling, you have to wear a shirt, t.v.'s, air conditioning, coffee bars by the door and people get mad when you ask them to get out of your way because you've got two really big dbs in your hand and your trying to put them back on the rack!

Carmello

• Getbig III
  • Believe it or not. Your choice.
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2005, 11:22:53 AM »
"you forgot ugly, lazy and disrespectful....SHUT UP BITCH!!!!!! go fix me a turkey pot pie!
"What does it take to become a janitor? Because Andrew here, is interested in persuing a career in the custodial arts."
CEA999

Carmello

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2005, 11:29:10 AM »
Curious, were you responding to someone when you wrote the thread?  Just curious ... seems like a moved post or something.

I also can't take cell phones while ON THE BENCH PRESS, or on a machine or in the middle of cable crossovers.  I also can't take them in the gym PERIOD.  Why?  Because while I'm busting my ass trying to lift weight I don't want to hear your stupid conversation with your girlfriend, or hear you arguing, or taking up space that someone else probably wants to use but you're so busy on your phone you ignore the person who wants to work out. 

What's so hard about going into the locker room to use your phone or even outside the gym?  Laziness. 

One final thing that pisses me off are people who try to give me advice who are skinnier than me and say I shouldn't lift as heavy.  I love that.

U sure you're from brooklyn? All that bitchin n moanin, shit! Man up! I don't even look at people when i go to the gym. I'm so focused when i go to the gym, i can't pay attention to the idiots there. Try this......before u start your set, make believe your only purpose in life is for that moment, to lift that weight until u can't no more. Works evertime for me. Thank me later.

Goodnight!
CEA999

Carmello

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2005, 11:36:32 AM »
Ah the gym just isn't what it use to be no yelling, you have to wear a shirt, t.v.'s, air conditioning, coffee bars by the door and people get mad when you ask them to get out of your way because you've got two really big dbs in your hand and your trying to put them back on the rack!
Shut up u fukin poser! You're promoting your so called man hood way too much. Ur board name says it all. So unless your gonna bitch about the way some dude is holding up your max dumbell chest presses with the 35lbers he's doing side laterals with, don't bitch at all bitch! Keep it real!

-Goodnight!
CEA999

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2005, 01:16:58 PM »
whast someone referencing Breakfast club?
Valhalla awaits.