Author Topic: Mass Shooting at Sikh Temple Near Milwaukee-10:30 a.m. today  (Read 18674 times)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Mass Shooting at Sikh Temple Near Milwaukee-10:30 a.m. today
« on: August 05, 2012, 12:07:58 PM »
http://abcnews.go.com/US/shooting-oak-creek-sikh-temple-milwaukee-oak-creek/story?id=16933779#.UB7D-aMn3IE

A mass shooting has occurred at a Sikh temple in Oak Creek, Wisc., just outside Milwaukee.

At least four people have been reported injured and no suspect has been identified. Hospitals in the area were told to be ready for up to 20 shooting victims, according to police radio reports.

"An officer arrived and engaged a suspect. That officer was shot multiple times. He is expected to survive," said Brad Wentlandt, the police chief of Greenfield, Wisc., at a hastily-arranged briefing for news media.

"The officer exchanged fire with the shooter. That shooter was put down."

Some members of the temple are still inside the temple and are hiding, believing that a gunman may still be inside the building, according to ABC News affiliate WISN.

Wentlandt said, "We believe we have the situation contained here" at the temple. But he also said, "we do not know if there are other shooters at the scene."

He asked media outlets to stop broadcasting aerial footage from helicopters ont elevision, because of tactical operations that were ongoing at the scene.

According to local reports, a gunman walked into the church and opened fire around 10:34 a.m., shortly before a prayer service was scheduled to begin. On Sundays Sikh temples, called gurudwaras, serve a community meal at which anyone is welcome, including members of the public, as part of their community service.

Among those shot was the president of the temple, Satwant Singh Kaleka, who just last Sunday invited a state representative and the county district attorney to discuss a recent rise in violence against area Sikhs at their stores and businesses, according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

The Journal Sentinel said a SWAT team entered the temple after the shooting and evacuated the uninjured members.

According to information broadcast over police radio, a witness to the shooting told law enforcement the shooter was a white male, bald, with a heavy build. He was wearing a sleeveless T-shirt, according to Oak Creek Patch. He was last seen with two handguns.

A spokeswoman for Froedtert Hospital, the main trauma center in the Milwaukee area, said that three men were taken there and the hospital was ready to receive more, according to the Associated Press.

Federal agents from the Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms bureau are on their way to the scene of the shooting, two government officials told ABC News.

There are more than a dozen ambulances parked outside the temple, and police moved media and a handful of bystanders to an area near the temple.

Amardeep Kaleka, a member of the temple, told WISN his father was inside during the shooting and his mother was hiding inside, believing the gunman was still inside. Kaleka said that a priest called for emergency help after the shooting.

Oak Creek police have not released any information yet on the shooting
X

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Mass Shooting at Sikh Temple Near Milwaukee-2 hours ago
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 12:08:53 PM »
crazy.   i can't imagine going to church without my permitted handgun.  seems crazy to ever visit such a target rich, poorly defended place without a weapon.  And I hope that most people there (many of them vets who can shoot straight) are packing heat too. 

one nutjob tries this, he gets dropped.  tells the other nutjobs to think again.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 12:09:29 PM »
Good ole Mr. Drummond! Nice avatar.  :)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012, 12:11:38 PM »
crazy.   i can't imagine going to church without my permitted handgun.  seems crazy to ever visit such a target rich, poorly defended place without a weapon.  And I hope that most people there (many of them vets who can shoot straight) are packing heat too. 

one nutjob tries this, he gets dropped.  tells the other nutjobs to think again.

These mass shootings are happening like its an every day event. What the hell is going on with people these days?  :-\
X

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2012, 12:11:40 PM »
Lets play,

GUESS THE RACE!
 :D

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2012, 12:13:18 PM »
Lets play,

GUESS THE RACE!

Caucasian? ??? ???
X

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2012, 12:13:43 PM »

I remember looking at a 1800's historic photo book from my area and many times the Pastor and men attending an outdoor sermon would have a rifle right by their side. That was mostly in defense of Indian attacks though.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2012, 12:14:17 PM »
Good ole Mr. Drummond! Nice avatar.  :)

Mr. Drummond would have saved the day if he was there.  :D
X

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2012, 12:14:37 PM »
Lets play,

GUESS THE RACE!

probably a simpleton who's mistaken sikhs for muslims on account of their turbans  ::)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2012, 12:17:13 PM »
Mr. Drummond would have saved the day if he was there.  :D

Yes. He would have used good ole heartfelt logic to talk the perpetrators off the ledge, no violence necessary. Complete with really well placed, ultra close camera angle!  :)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2012, 12:18:16 PM »
probably a simpleton who's mistaken sikhs for muslims on account of their turbans  ::)

They're all just a bunch of "damn Iranians" to me!

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2012, 12:25:25 PM »
Lets play,

GUESS THE RACE!

Hahahahhahahaha!!!   ;D

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2012, 12:27:01 PM »
They're all just a bunch of "damn Iranians" to me!

mind you! indians are annoying as fuck. especially indian women. they have a smug sense of superiority about them for some laughable reason.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2012, 12:29:41 PM »
Lets play,

GUESS THE RACE!

Im going with white.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2012, 12:33:32 PM »
These mass shootings are happening like its an every day event. What the hell is going on with people these days?  :-\
Death spirals...Not just copycats, but it's "in the air", people are feeling desperate---whether it be jobs, minorities, or imaginary "boogeymen" (Obama, the government, the 4 horsemen, Gumby, Kobe Bryant vs Lebron,
the woman with the big booty won't talk to him, nobody listens, etc)

America is going thru something right now. The bigger problem is this, instead of acknowledging this, the politicians will use it a weapon to crack down on the American public---but not the criminals.

bighead

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2012, 12:34:53 PM »
Death spirals...Not just copycats, but it's "in the air", people are feeling desperate---whether it be jobs, minorities, or imaginary "boogeymen" (Obama, the government, the 4 horsemen, Gumby, Kobe Bryant vs Lebron,

America is going thru something right now. The bigger problem is this, instead of acknowledging this, the politicians will use it a weapon to crack down on the American public---but not the criminals.

You took the words right outa my keyboard bro.

bighead

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2012, 12:36:54 PM »
A conspiracy leading up to marshall law, Govt. wants to disarm the public!!! shockwave you were right about the right to bear arms being another endangered right to be taken awayy.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2012, 12:37:32 PM »

Good post!  You're certainly an asset to this community.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2012, 12:45:15 PM »
  You took the words right outa my keyboard bro.
Bighead---mental telepathy....

I'm now waiting on how the media and the politicians (whores) spin this.

Immortal_Technique

• Getbig IV
  • "It's all a bunch of shit, I say fuck it" - DF
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2012, 12:50:56 PM »

Is this ironic?

Silly Americans taking guns to church is the reason this happened.

By all means keep shooting each other with your guns, just saying.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2012, 12:53:27 PM »
http://abcnews.go.com/US/shooting-oak-creek-sikh-temple-milwaukee-oak-creek/story?id=16933779#.UB7D-aMn3IE

A mass shooting has occurred at a Sikh temple in Oak Creek, Wisc., just outside Milwaukee.

Oak Creek police have not released any information yet on the shooting

7 people dead, including the shooter.
:

CAPTAIN INSANO

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2012, 12:56:51 PM »
Relgion of Peace  ::)

orion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2012, 12:59:02 PM »
A conspiracy leading up to marshall law, Govt. wants to disarm the public!!! shockwave you were right about the right to bear arms being another endangered right to be taken awayy.

You may be right.  I still think that the Colorado shootings might have been a setup.  Too many things don't add up.  And the fact that the mainstream media won't even mention the guys dad was going to testify about the libor case is a red flag right there.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2012, 01:02:43 PM »
Officer who took shooter down was shot several times and is in surgery at this time.
:

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2012, 01:10:05 PM »
I should be a damn news reporter. I think I will apply for a job soon. Look how I conveyed this story to the board.

On my resume, it will read:

2007 - Present
-Forum member of Getbig, bodybuilding board with numerous different sub-forums.
-Posts numerous articles regarding mass shootings, dialysis machines (DA), shredded glutes, and how tiers are decided for schmoes.
-Posts applicable articles, as well as full stories and links to easy access for all of GB .
-Makes appropriate comments and opinions when necessary.
X