Author Topic: Hostage Situation: Four Dead, Following Shooting-Irresponsible Gun Owner  (Read 1778 times)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/05/aurora-hostage-situation-_n_2415705.html?icid=maing-grid7|aim|dl2|sec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D253197

UPDATE 11:34 -- Four people including a gunman were killed inside an Aurora, Colo., townhouse Saturday morning following what police say was a hostage situation, 9News reports.

Aurora SWAT team forces shot the gunman, who police have not yet identified, according to the Denver Post.

More from the Associated Press:

AURORA, Colo. (AP) -- Four people, including an armed suspect, died during an hours-long police standoff Saturday at a Colorado townhome, authorities said.

An Aurora police department SWAT team responded after shots were heard at the townhome at 3 a.m., said Aurora police Sgt. Cassidee Carlson. Investigators said three people, all adults, appeared to have been killed before officers arrived.

The suspect shot at police at 8:15 a.m. and was killed during a shootout when officers stormed the home about 45 minutes later, Carlson said. It wasn't known if officers shot the suspect or if he shot himself.

A fifth person escaped unharmed before officers arrived and reported that she saw three people inside the home who "appeared lifeless," Carlson said.

The sergeant declined to elaborate about the woman's escape.

A motive for the killings was unknown. Police wearing gloves and carrying evidence bags were going over the crime scene.

"We're just getting in there with our crime scene detectives, so obviously we'll have to determine if it was our rounds or his rounds," Carlson said.

Police declined to release the name of the suspect or victims.

Officers evacuated neighbors during the standoff and used a bullhorn to communicate with the gunman, urging him to surrender.

A large front window was missing in the modest two-story townhome, the window's mini-blinds in disarray. Bullet holes marked two upstairs windows. Neighbors milled about outside.

The shootings occurred about four miles southeast of the Aurora Mall, where 12 people were killed and dozens wounded by a gunman at a midnight showing of "The Dark Knight Rises" on July 20. The man charged in that shooting, James Holmes, goes to court Monday for a preliminary hearing in which prosecutors will lay out their case against him.

Aurora, just east of Denver, is one of Colorado's largest and most diverse cities with more than 335,000 residents. It is home to Buckley Air Force Base as well as the sprawling University of Colorado Health Sciences Center campus.
X

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Re: Hostage Situation: Four Dead, Following Shooting-Irresponsible Gun Owner
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 12:40:07 PM »
Colorado-wild west. 

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 01:11:42 PM »
Nothing to see here people, move along.  ::)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 01:15:04 PM »
Nothing to see here people, move along.  ::)

??? ??? ???

Irresponsible gun owner?  ??? ??? ???
X

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2013, 01:20:35 PM »
??? ??? ???

Who owned the guns, fag?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2013, 01:25:03 PM »
Who owned the guns, fag?

WOAH, hey, calm down. I am not going to take away your guns. CALM DOWN!!
X

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2013, 01:31:42 PM »
lol
follow the arrows

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2013, 01:32:34 PM »
lol
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2013, 02:10:30 PM »
??? ??? ???

The guns were probably off the black market and would have still been circulating whether strict gun laws were in place long ago.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2013, 04:20:12 PM »
Man, Aurora is goin' fucking crazy these days.

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2013, 04:28:45 PM »
cool name though, aurora

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2013, 05:17:04 PM »
Ok, I'll bite. I know these situations are tragic, but, think of how many millions of people have guns, and then think about how many of these anomalies there are yearly. Now, not to say there aren't murders and robberies etc, but these mass shootings are the exception not the norm. Gun laws should be left where they are, and I'm not a gun weirdo, I only own a shotgun given by my grandfather and a handgun I bought.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2013, 05:23:21 PM »
guns deter a lot of crimes that as never reported.

I've been out a few times, quietly armed, where i puffed up and grinned at a few potential bad guys.  They figure i'm crazy or armed or just not a good easy prey option, and leave me alone.

If I was unarmed, the thought of 3 scary dudes eyeballing me would be pretty scary.  I'd change sides of street to create distance, signifying to them I was scared.  Then it's more likely they'll commmit a crime aimed at me.

Just being armed, you have a swagger and confidence that prevents crime.  Plus there are lots of times when a good guy will pull his gun to prevent a crime, bad guy runs, and good guy just goes home.  You call cops, and suddenly you have a potential mess on your hands - you never know when some anti-gun prick cop will try to charge you, or they'll catch the guy and he'll claim you threatened him, etc.

there's lots of that... good guys tell the dick to back off, he does, and everyone goes home.

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2013, 06:28:31 PM »
Ok, I'll bite. I know these situations are tragic, but, think of how many millions of people have guns, and then think about how many of these anomalies there are yearly. Now, not to say there aren't murders and robberies etc, but these mass shootings are the exception not the norm. Gun laws should be left where they are, and I'm not a gun weirdo, I only own a shotgun given by my grandfather and a handgun I bought.

So a good portion of the Newton outrage was because the victims were 6 year olds? Do you think the media would portray or report it different if it would have been an attack at an old people's home?

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2013, 06:33:19 PM »
So a good portion of the Newton outrage was because the victims were 6 year olds? Do you think the media would portray or report it different if it would have been an attack at an old people's home?

It would still be tragic, and I don't think it would be covered differently. I do think however, our reaction might be different. Banning guns is not the answer. America is going through a change, much like every other great society/culture. We're new, so we haven't had our chance at second revolution yet, but there is unrest in the republic.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2013, 06:50:40 PM »
Any gun related incident/death is now going to be front page news.  This is TPTB's agenda.  The main goal is the make you totally defenseless.

Our government is tyrannical and wants full control.  They cannot do this if people have guns.

The DHS has purchased billions of rounds of ammo for a reason... and it's not to protect you.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2013, 10:01:18 PM »
Guess the r...ugh never mind.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2013, 10:16:22 PM »
It would still be tragic, and I don't think it would be covered differently. I do think however, our reaction might be different. Banning guns is not the answer. America is going through a change, much like every other great society/culture. We're new, so we haven't had our chance at second revolution yet, but there is unrest in the republic.
The mass shootings, which now occur every couple of weeks, have nothing to do with anything revolutionary.

They are not political.

America is a country where any nutjob can, and does, get his hands on a gun and kills as many people as he pleases.

I can't believe someone in this thread is actually claiming it's an anomaly. Really? Something that happens every couple of weeks is an anomaly?

Please use dictionaries before you post, people. 
G