Author Topic: Kai Greene: A Day in the Life, Part 2  (Read 17828 times)

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
Re: Kai Greene: A Day in the Life, Part 2
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2012, 01:20:17 PM »
Gatomjp:

1) why do you talk in a low, soft, deep voice? Is this your real voice? Or does it make you sound more intellectual?

2) You stated in the beginning of the video, "since 2004 I have been on a journey to capture the gritty day to day existence for those who participate in this sport." You also said you wanted to "find the true nature of this sport."

The day to day existence of all pro bodybuilders and part of the true nature of bodybuilding is drug abuse. Why don't you show this in your video? You aren't capturing jackshit. You capture lies. Then teenage kids watch your video and believe they can look like Kai Greene with hard work and philosophical talk. You aren't capturing the day to day existence or truth of any bodybuilder. You're only selling lies to teenage kids to make your wallet bigger.

FILT!

Calm down my man, all of us (yes, even those so called 'naive' gymrats/teenage kids) know that bodybuilding is almost 100% drugs (the % is debatable), but we also know why competitive BB'ers aren't in the position to discuss their drug use, don't we?

orion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2012, 03:22:25 PM »
x2

I've seen what pros do on a day-to-day and most of it includes:

Sleeping in really late
Eating
Injecting their daily dose of test
Eating
Injecting their daily dose of insulin
Eating
Injecting their daily dose of GH
Eating
Working out for 30 minutes with a trainer/guru
Eating
Sleeping
REPEAT

While I think that Mike makes pretty nice videos, I do think that it's a huge disservice to leave out what constitutes a large portion of their day and one of the main reasons why the pros can attain the size they do.

"1"

So you know a lot of pros and they invite you to live with them?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2012, 03:23:05 PM »
Calm down my man, all of us (yes, even those so called 'naive' gymrats/teenage kids) know that bodybuilding is almost 100% drugs (the % is debatable), but we also know why competitive BB'ers aren't in the position to discuss their drug use, don't we?

I am calm. I am just trolling  :) :)
X

Metabolic

• Getbig IV
  • Team I Fucked Her Face
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2012, 03:27:21 PM »
Am I the only one that really gets pissed at kai´s approach to bodybuilding and all the empty words que spouts?

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2012, 03:28:10 PM »
Mike, there is this young up and coming bodybuilder in Florida, he already has his own personal video guy, but he might be what your looking to film, he is a natural , dedicated, and wants to be the first Natural Mr. Olympia ever, his name is Jason Genova .... he is all over the internet , he is dyslexic i hope that doesn't ruin his chance of him working for you.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2012, 03:32:25 PM »
Yes. I am just trolling  :) :)

No, you've got a point. Every time I see vids like these, I realize it's not the full story, just like most of us know, but I can only blame the lawmakers & the general public for this.

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2012, 03:40:52 PM »
Mike, there is this young up and coming bodybuilder in Florida, he already has his own personal video guy, but he might be what your looking to film, he is a natural , dedicated, and wants to be the first Natural Mr. Olympia ever, his name is Jason Genova .... he is all over the internet , he is dyslexic i hope that doesn't ruin his chance of him working for you.

hahaahahah.....that Kid has a serious case of ILS

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2012, 03:52:29 PM »
No, you've got a point. Every time I see vids like these, I realize it's not the full story, just like most of us know, but I can only blame the lawmakers & the general public for this.

Yup. I couldnt careless that gatomjp had made these videos. I do find them hilarious, but not in a good way!  :-\
X

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2012, 03:57:37 PM »
So you know a lot of pros and they invite you to live with them?

Yes.

I have been training partners with Victor Martinez, Jason Arntz, Kamali and a few other NPC competitors over the years.

They don't ever work out as you see in those videos.  All of that stuff is just for show.  

Most of them have personal trainers (high end trainers - Think Victor Muņoz and Charles Glass), that give them routines that they have them follow, which tend to change as contest time approaches.

In terms of diet, they also don't eat as healthy as these videos have you believe.  A lot of these guys eat like pigs and have a large dependency on the GH to keep them at low bodyfat levels even when stuffing their faces with mcdonalds.  They do employ contest prep "gurus" (Think Chris Aceto or Palumbo) for last minute, as in 2 months out, dieting techniques.

One thing they actually do is employ the use of a shit ton of drugs.  Moderate is not even prescribed to when it comes to these guys.  They work towards gaining an edge above the rest and great genetics doesn't cut it when every guy on stage has amazing genetics.

They DO employ the use of esiclene and synthol.  The best guys just know how to hide (use) it very VERY well.

A lot of these guys also do private training sessions with schmoes for extra money.  NOT Gay-4-pay, just training sessions with adamant fanboys.

Mike's videos are great, but the real truth of bodybuilding is always left out of all these videos (not just his).  A lot of stupid, young kids fall for the hype and think they can do the same as these guys with just training, good nutrition, a few stupid supplements and a gallon of water in hand.

The only exception to all of this is Bob Chick.  That is one man that actually does more than just pretend in these videos.  He is a business man that spends a lot of time promoting the sport and himself.  He is one of the few that long after his body will have expired for competition purposes, will have a steady source of income from various companies that still employ him for his services.

"1"

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2012, 04:01:44 PM »
Yes.

I have been training partners with Victor Martinez, Jason Arntz, Kamali and a few other NPC competitors over the years.

They don't ever work out as you see in those videos.  All of that stuff is just for show.  

Most of them have personal trainers (high end trainers - Think Victor Muņoz and Charles Glass), that give them routines that they have them follow, which tend to change as contest time approaches.

In terms of diet, they also don't eat as healthy as these videos have you believe.  A lot of these guys eat like pigs and have a large dependency on the GH to keep them at low bodyfat levels even when stuffing their faces with mcdonalds.  They do employ contest prep "gurus" (Think Chris Aceto or Palumbo) for last minute, as in 2 months out, dieting techniques.

One thing they actually do is employ the use of a shit ton of drugs.  Moderate is not even prescribed to when it comes to these guys.  They work towards gaining an edge above the rest and great genetics doesn't cut it when every guy on stage has amazing genetics.

They DO employ the use of esiclene and synthol.  The best guys just know how to hide (use) it very VERY well.

A lot of these guys also do private training sessions with schmoes for extra money.  NOT Gay-4-pay, just training sessions with adamant fanboys.

Mike's videos are great, but the real truth of bodybuilding is always left out of all these videos (not just his).  A lot of stupid, young kids fall for the hype and think they can do the same as these guys with just training, good nutrition, a few stupid supplements and a gallon of water in hand.

The only exception to all of this is Bob Chick.  That is one man that actually does more than just pretend in these videos.  He is a business man that spends a lot of time promoting the sport and himself.  He is one of the few that long after his body will have expired for competition purposes, will have a steady source of income from various companies that still employ him for his services.

"1"

1MR are you a competitive bber? or used to be?
X

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2012, 04:05:42 PM »
Another quality post, One

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2012, 04:11:01 PM »
Ok guys, he isn't saying EVERY pro is Kai or like him. He is just showing what a day is like for him and sharing his thoughts and the hows and whys.  No he isn't showing Kai injecting or doing something illegal.  Neither of them is that stupid.  Pros use drugs. Sometimes a lot of drugs. Can we move on and learn something?

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2012, 04:13:24 PM »
1MR are you a competitive bber? or used to be?

No.

I am just a flamboyant homosexual that used to like to working out in the style of a bodybuilder.  

I met Victor through his trainer Victor Muņoz, who I employed for a few years to train me (he is pretty good).  I then met Jason Arntz through Victor, while at his gym.  I met kamali at this old NYC gym that doesn't exist anymore (Johnny Lats) and also met Rob Lopez there.  I also trained with Kai Greene once before and he was a very pleasant guy, but that Oscar guy was a real cunt and would brainwash him into believing that anyone else, besides him, means Kai harm (distraction or guiding in the wrong fashion) in terms of his training.

It's been maybe 6 years since I last trained with any IFBB pro or even trained like that of a bodybuilder.  The reason why I stopped training in that fashion was because I realized that unless I injected the same type of drugs that these guys used, I was never going to be as big as they were.

Now, I stick to boxing and JiuJitsu and look/feel like a normal person and have way more functional strength and flexibility.

"1"

gatomjp

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2012, 05:57:58 PM »
Gatomjp:

1) why do you talk in a low, soft, deep voice? Is this your real voice? Or does it make you sound more intellectual?

2) You stated in the beginning of the video, "since 2004 I have been on a journey to capture the gritty day to day existence for those who participate in this sport." You also said you wanted to "find the true nature of this sport."

The day to day existence of all pro bodybuilders and part of the true nature of bodybuilding is drug abuse. Why don't you show this in your video? You aren't capturing jackshit. You capture lies. Then teenage kids watch your video and believe they can look like Kai Greene with hard work and philosophical talk. You aren't capturing the day to day existence or truth of any bodybuilder. You're only selling lies to teenage kids to make your wallet bigger.

FILT!

1. It's a specifically chosen timbre for a specific effect...plus I like the way it sounds! LOL!

2. As long as we live in a hypocritical country that eagerly sells you enough cigarettes and alcohol to put you in the ground while making criminals of those who want to enhance their bodies, you will have to get that information for yourself. If you pay close attention we DO talk about it.

Use your head.

gatomjp

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2012, 06:02:23 PM »
Am I the only one that really gets pissed at kai´s approach to bodybuilding and all the empty words que spouts?

They are not empty. Apply what he says to ANYTHING in your life and you will succeed. 

You guys are so hung up on the fucking drug thing that you can't hear the rest of the good advice which is rushing past your ears.

gatomjp

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2012, 06:03:21 PM »

I've seen him. He doesn't need me. His vids are plenty entertaining on his own!

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2012, 06:05:02 PM »
1. It's a specifically chosen timbre for a specific effect...plus I like the way it sounds! LOL!

2. As long as we live in a hypocritical country that eagerly sells you enough cigarettes and alcohol to put you in the ground while making criminals of those who want to enhance their bodies, you will have to get that information for yourself. The use of chemistry in this sport is well known and in fact, if you pay close attention we DO talk about it. Albeit in code.

Use your head.

haha, totally evading the question and talking about ciggs and alcohol. Nice try.
X

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2012, 08:16:04 PM »
Is Kai on DNP? The sweating is insane!

Nick II

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2012, 08:18:51 PM »
He'd be dead if he was running dnp

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2012, 10:05:41 PM »

absolutely, 100% false, unless you actually mean people on getbig.com

highschool age kids, ie basically everyone who "goes into" bodybuilding, are largely clueless.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2012, 10:07:10 PM »

highschool age kids, ie basically everyone who "goes into" bodybuilding, are largely clueless.

Agreed. Ive met a number of people who actually think Ronnie Coleman is natural because the shows are drug tested.
X

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2012, 10:14:31 PM »
Yes.

"1"

great post, 1, you are a beacon of light in the sordid world of bodybuilding.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2012, 03:22:07 AM »

They might not be as informed as the average GB vet, by telling which kind of gear he prob uses, but most kids/'noobs' know that extreme muscle = hormones.
I started lifting before the internet era, and I got accused of using steroids by random people in the streets.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2012, 03:26:07 AM »
Agreed. Ive met a number of people who actually think Ronnie Coleman is natural because the shows are drug tested.

Some folks tend to believe everything, but when I show a pic of him to 100 people in the streets, claiming that he's drug-free, most of them will LOL (or call me filt ;) )

gatomjp

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2012, 10:06:48 AM »
haha, totally evading the question and talking about ciggs and alcohol. Nice try.

I said we do talk about it. Actually we have talked about it many times in my vids. You have to use your intelligence to figure out where.

Cigs and alcohol ARE a part of this discussion! How can you not know that?? If you want to talk intelligently about this topic you must address the LEGAL and CONDONED drug use in this country vs what is illegal...and WHY.

Also, consider this...the hypocrisy comes from above. It is INSTITUTIONAL. Change your leaders and the discussion will change.