Author Topic: evolution.  (Read 3602 times)

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
evolution.
« on: July 30, 2012, 11:57:36 AM »
 ;D
F

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: evolution.
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 06:17:49 PM »
People rag on Cena, but the guy is one of the best there is right now.
Really, who else is there?

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 07:22:07 PM »

Isn't that kinda like saying that horseshit smells better than pig shit?

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 04:20:40 AM »
Isn't that kinda like saying that horseshit smells better than pig shit?

It's more like saying that it's the only type of shit there is.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2012, 12:05:17 PM »
x2 guy is the all-american boy, vkm  better not turn him.
F

OLE BIG

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2012, 12:18:16 PM »
I don't think Cena will ever make a heel turn.  I don't think he has it in him, and if he did, he would have to be a tweener and still try and be cool.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2012, 01:06:33 PM »
I don't think Cena will ever make a heel turn.  I don't think he has it in him, and if he did, he would have to be a tweener and still try and be cool.

Reminds me of Scott Hall in his nWo days. He was supposed to be a heel, but still went for pops with catch-phrases and other trademark spots.

That was one area in which Hunter excelled. When HHH became a heel following the original D-X run, he became a TRUE heel, abandoning anything and everything that endeared him to fans in any way as a face.

OLE BIG

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2012, 04:28:09 PM »

Reminds me of Scott Hall in his nWo days. He was supposed to be a heel, but still went for pops with catch-phrases and other trademark spots.

That was one area in which Hunter excelled. When HHH became a heel following the original D-X run, he became a TRUE heel, abandoning anything and everything that endeared him to fans in any way as a face.

I know.  I will always have respect for the true heel.  Flair, for instance, never could quite get over as a heel in NC later in his career, but that certainly didn't stop him from trying.  I know I am old-school, but that is the way it should be.

That doesn't mean there isn't room for a tweener here and there.  Your example of Hall is a perfect one, but he also knew how to do it.  And I don't think the nWo would have taken off if he had not been doing at least a little of that. 

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2012, 04:55:36 PM »
I know.  I will always have respect for the true heel.  Flair, for instance, never could quite get over as a heel in NC later in his career, but that certainly didn't stop him from trying.  I know I am old-school, but that is the way it should be.

That doesn't mean there isn't room for a tweener here and there.  Your example of Hall is a perfect one, but he also knew how to do it.  And I don't think the nWo would have taken off if he had not been doing at least a little of that. 

Agree.
I think the early incarnations of the New World Order were marketing genius because they were both hated AND over. Remember the ratings, mainstream media exposure, PPV buyrates and seas of black and white nWo t-shirts in WCW arenas? The nWo in those days had a unique appeal that, in my opinion, has been matched only by "Stone Cold" Steve Austin during the dawn of the attitude era.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2012, 08:39:44 PM »
What about oWn ?

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2012, 12:01:15 PM »
 ;D
F