Author Topic: Exhaustion!  (Read 3983 times)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
Exhaustion!
« on: January 26, 2012, 07:42:01 AM »
I always chuckle when I hear of someone (almost always a Caucasian female celebrity) being treated for “exhaustion.”  What the hell does that mean?  If it’s a PR move it is a bad one.  Is there any one who hasn’t been exhausted?  Why does that require professional treatment?  Susan Boyle was treated for exhaustion shortly after her career took off… the latest exhausted person is Demi Moore.  Clearly Moore is not well, but "exhaustion"?

What do you think of when you hear that X celebrity is being treated for exhaustion?  Is it just a cover for a drug problem?  ???

BayGBM

• Getbig V
Re: Exhaustion!
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 12:41:05 PM »
Demi Moore's 911 call will be edited to remove medical, drug details

L.A. officials plan to release an edited recording of a 911 call made from Demi Moore's home Monday after removing any personal information about her medical condition and medications.

The Los Angeles City Attorney's office has recommended to the Los Angeles Fire Department that certain portions be deleted to comply with federal medical privacy laws.

"We've reviewed the 911 tape and we have made recomendations," said Frank Mateljan, spokesman for the city attorney.

Paramedics rushed to Moore's home near Benedict Canyon on Monday night. They treated her and took her to a hospital, according to sources.

In a statement to the Ministry of Gossip, a Moore representative said: "Because of the stresses in her life right now, Demi has chosen to seek professional assistance to treat her exhaustion and improve her overall health. She looks forward to getting well and is grateful for the support of her family and friends."

Moore, who recently starred in the movie "Margin Call," disclosed last fall that she was ending her marriage to actor Ashton Kutcher.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
Re: Demi Moore: Exhaustion!
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 03:46:47 PM »
Demi Moore 911 tape shows frantic effort to aid actress

The 911 call in which friends report that Demi Moore was suffering convulsions and was semi-conscious includes details of their efforts to aid the stricken star at her home near Benedict Canyon.

They called the Los Angeles Fire Department on Monday night, reporting that Moore was gravely ill.

"She's shaking, convulsing, burning up. ...  I'm taking cold water and putting it on her back," one of the callers to 911 tells the operator.

"Demi, can you hear me? Yes, she's squeezing my hand. She can't speak," she says later, adding that people were holding Moore down because she was having convulsions.

The unidentified woman told the 911 operator that Moore "smoked something -- it's not marijuana, it's similar to incense" and she "seems to be suffering convulsions."

Before it was released, the 911 tape was redacted  to comply with federal medical privacy rules.

In speaking to the 911 operator, one of Moore's friends said: "She's been having some issues lately with some other stuff, so I don't know what she's been taking or not."

When the dispatcher asked if she had "done this before," her friend said she didn't know.

"There's been some stuff recently that we're all just finding out," the friend said.

At one point during the call, the unidentified friend said, "I don't know what would have made her do that."

Paramedics took her to a local hospital.

Moore, who recently starred in the movie "Margin Call," disclosed last fall that she was ending her marriage to actor Ashton Kutcher.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 07:45:02 AM »
A few quick observations:

1.) I honestly believe that "fame & fortune" can adversely affect certain people, as in really messing with their psyche.

2.) Many celebrities live in an "artificial world," far dissociated from "real life." It's natural for people to have conflicts in their lives. People like DemI are lacking most of the hardships that the more average person faces. So, maybe celebs look for travesties just to complete their lavish lives. These conflicts AND rationale may often be rather excentric, as are their coping mechanisms.

3.) It's unfortunate when something like this happens to anyone. However, lots of people suffer misfortunes that snowball into substance abuse, etc. If DemI was not famous, we probably would not have even heard of this happening, and certainly, far fewer people would care. That may sound cold, but I believe it to be true, and attribute it to society's infatuation and glorification of celebrities. That also pertains to just about anything celebrities do, which wouldn't make news if they weren't famous.

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 08:49:46 AM »
she just needs to eat a snickers

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 10:27:33 AM »
she just needs to eat a snickers

...or 12!

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2012, 10:49:03 AM »
‘Jersey Shore’ star ‘The Situation’ in rehab

Reality TV star Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino has checked into rehab.

The “Jersey Shore” regular is seeking treatment for exhaustion.

A representative for Sorrentino says, “(Mike) has spent the past several weeks at an undisclosed location for much-needed rest and recuperation after his extensive production and appearance schedule.”

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2012, 02:30:26 PM »
So, has "exhaustion" become the new trendy "problem" for celebrities to have?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2012, 02:59:00 PM »
If you or I went to rehab it wouldn't be newsworthy. The only folks who would care would be our friends and family. When a celebrity goes to rehab everyone thinks it is their business and the media makes a bundle off it. I for one, would not ever want to be a celebrity. I know I would find it exhausting!

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2012, 10:37:24 PM »
When you hear a celebrity is being treated for exhaustion, ...it means just that, ...they're exhausted.
They are sick & tired of the bullshit, and the constant media circus surrounding their lives, they're exhausted, and they're going to check out for a bit... get a little rest & relaxation in a stress free environment, and recharge their batteries.
w