Author Topic: Ryan gets the nod for VEEP.  (Read 11035 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Ryan gets the nod for VEEP.
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2012, 04:53:29 PM »
http://www.businessinsider.com/paul-ryan-video-2012-8

Lol.   Even liberal Insider forced to admit Ryan ass raped obama to his face on thugCare.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2012, 10:39:09 PM »
Ryan is a seriously smart dude.   

Props to Mitt for not 'hispandering' with Rubio.

It's funny - he flirted with condi for the neocon vote, flirted with rubio for that hispanic vote - and everyone was like "Condi would be a great choice"

lmao.   i'm glad he got someone bright. 

Hustle Man

• Getbig IV
  • What is the most common form of stupidity?
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2012, 10:48:33 PM »
Ryan is a seriously smart dude.   

Props to Mitt for not 'hispandering' with Rubio.

It's funny - he flirted with condi for the neocon vote, flirted with rubio for that hispanic vote - and everyone was like "Condi would be a great choice"

lmao.   i'm glad he got someone bright. 

I hope you don't really mean;
i'm glad he got someone bright white
?

Rudio and Rice are both very bright would you agree? Hey, I was thinking Romney wouldn't have to change his logo with Ryan, Rubio or Rice. ;D

HM
W

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2012, 11:04:09 PM »
I dont think Rubio is all that bright.  I think he's a fresh face who appeals to hispanics, but that easily provable lie about his parents running from castro (when in reality they were wealthy and visited during castro to make $) was terrible.  He's not bright, certainly not experienced.

Condi is a brilliant woman - BUT she is beyond polarizing and a bitter person at that.  her face and words spit venom, and she's a reminder of "didn't bother to read 911 memo" and "WMD". 

Ryan is a great pick, a little wet behind ears, but he's a stud.  I just hate a lot of his budget plan.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2012, 04:44:58 AM »
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2012/08/11/ryan-seen-as-romneys-bridge-to-conservatives

Ryan was the best pick possible.   Tea Party ready to roll. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2012, 04:49:49 AM »
http://www.humanevents.com/2012/08/11/paul-ryans-selection-electrifies-gop-grass-roots

Bama going t get his ignorant ass handed to him by Ryan again. 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2012, 12:04:25 PM »
Look for Ryan to be accused of human sacrifice by the Dems.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2012, 12:19:38 PM »
Look for Ryan to be accused of human sacrifice by the Dems.

Truth.   The thugs on the left like Obama Biden pelosi Reid wasamanshitz et al can't run on their failed record so they will smear Ryan now.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2012, 12:36:00 PM »
Truth.   The thugs on the left like Obama Biden pelosi Reid wasamanshitz et al can't run on their failed record so they will smear Ryan now.

Dems are WAY more quiet about this pick than the last, to their credit.  There are a few d-bags saying "only" 7 terms in congress wont prepare him with EXEC experience, but obama didn't have that either.

Ryan's been running shit on the national scene for 14 years and long before that as an intern/aide.   He knows his shit.

And libs like me who called palin wholly unqualified, well, many of us agree Ryan is a bright kid and prepared to be POTUS.  Is he a shrewd MFer like Morgan Freeman would be as POTUS, no, but neither is obama. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2012, 12:38:18 PM »
The democrats can't attack Ryan that well since they have not have not had a budget in 4 years and have a failed record they can't defend.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2012, 06:42:24 PM »
“Paul Ryan represents Obama’s most horrifying nightmare: Math”
Battleground Watch ^ | 8-12-2012 | Keith Backer
Posted on August 12, 2012 9:31:13 PM EDT by smoothsailing

August 12, 2012

“Paul Ryan represents Obama’s most horrifying nightmare: Math”

Keith Backer

The Blogfather has a great column where he quotes the always hysterical IowaHawk regarding the impact of selection Paul Ryan on the Obama campaign psyche:

In Inman Majors’ terrific novel The Millionaires, a consultant explains that there are really only two themes to political campaigns: “It’s A Bright New Day,” and “Back To Basics.” Barack Obama’s 2008 campaign was “Bright New Day” raised to a higher power. Now, with the choice of Paul Ryan as his running mate, Mitt Romney has signaled that he’s doubling down on “Back To Basics.” That has risks, but they’re risks worth running.

With trillion dollar deficits as far as the eye can see, and the exploding national debt (which Obama called unconscionable when it was about half as big as it has become under his stewardship) it seems time for a Back To Basics approach. And that’s clearly the direction favored by Romney, the turnaround artist who specialized in taking mismanaged entities and making them work. His choice of Ryan simply takes it to a new level. As Internet humorist IowaHawk tweeted on Saturday: “Paul Ryan represents Obama’s most horrifying nightmare: Math.”

As the great one often says, read the whole thing…

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2012, 07:15:56 PM »

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2012, 07:33:53 PM »
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/08/12/paul_ryans_homecoming_rally_speech_in_wisconsin.html

Great FNG speech by Ryan

NO TELEPROMPTER! 

he's been writing that speech since kindergarten lol... dude was built for this.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2012, 07:38:53 PM »
he's been writing that speech since kindergarten lol... dude was built for this.

Just wish Ryan were at the top of the ticket. 

he was FNG great today.   ve mittens in Wisconsin speech was great too. 

Ryan is exactly what I want. - Metalhead, workout fanatic, hunter, shooter, Ayn radian, Hayekian, Reaganite, Gen Xr, etc. 

I'm so pumped he was picked.  best possible pick by a mile. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2012, 07:48:21 PM »
I'm so pumped he was picked.  best possible pick by a mile. 

I'm shocked Romney overlooked Herman Cain.

jeebus, look at the contrast between Cain and Ryan.  Really, WTF were repubs thinking this time around?  ???

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2012, 07:52:17 PM »
I'm shocked Romney overlooked Herman Cain.

jeebus, look at the contrast between Cain and Ryan.  Really, WTF were repubs thinking this time around?  ???

I'm not kidding, Ryan was the best possible pic imaginable.   He is not a divisive hack, he is GenX, clean, smart, etc.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2012, 08:22:02 PM »
Skip to comments.

Paul Ryan and the Triumph of Math
American Thinker ^ | August 12, 2012 | Clarice Feldman
Posted on August 12, 2012 10:25:54 PM EDT by neverdem

Luftmensh is a delightful Yiddish word to describe an impractical person who concerns himself with airy intellectual matters and not how to make a living or get things to actually work. I had just decided to make this column on Paul Ryan's nomination about how facts, in this case mathematics, will beat the fantastical notions of the luftmensh in the White House. Remember, Obama began his term as the spinner of naïve hopes and dreams and as those proved unworkable, became the purveyor of fear, anxiety and outright lies. Once again, however, the great Iowahawk beat me to it with this twitter:

"Paul Ryan represent Obama's most horrifying nightmare: math."
Let me remind you how nightmarish Ryan is to Obama. Here's a six-minute take down of Obamacare by Congressman Ryan.

Watch the vacant look in Obama's eyes as it becomes clear he has no idea how to respond to the facts Ryan raises, to the math which demonstrates the utter unsustainability of Obama's legislative scheme.

And then observe how that look in Obama's eyes turns to rage.

Ryan, a man who does know what's he's talking about on the most important issue before us -- rescuing the economy from Obama's mismanagement and getting America back on track -- has to be Obama's worst nightmare.

(As for Joe Biden, my guess is he should start packing up to leave his office because Obama cannot afford to have as his running mate this time a man obviously chosen only because he was sure never to intellectually show up his boss.)

Fiscal conservatives and libertarians who want to limit the federal government's control of our money and lives are ecstatic. Why shouldn't they be? Here are some of the things Ryan's been heard to say:

(Excerpt) Read more at americanthinker.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2012, 06:59:32 PM »
Obama Campaign: 'Why The Hell Did Romney Pick This Guy?'
Breitbart ^ | 8/13/12 | Ben Shapiro
Posted on August 13, 2012 9:43:09 PM EDT by Nachum

This evening, the Obama campaign sent out its most desperate fundraising email yet. Following in the footsteps of their other emails cursing out Americans (e.g. “Let’s win the damn election”), and tweets deriding Obamacare opponents as “motherf***ers,” now the Obama campaign is spluttering mad over the Paul Ryan pick by the Romney campaign. Here’s their email, titled “What’s behind the Paul Ryan pick?”:

Friend --

Congressman Paul Ryan is the poster boy for the extreme Republican leadership in a Congress whose overall approval rating is 12 percent. His plan to dismantle Medicare is deeply unpopular with the general public, and especially undecided voters.

You might be wondering why the hell Romney picked this guy. But this is a strategic pick that carries real danger for us.

Here's the calculation: Mitt Romney doesn't need or expect Paul Ryan to convince even one undecided voter to cast their ballot for him. That's not what he's on the ticket for. He's there to reassure and inspire ultraconservative ideologues and corporate interests that they will have one of their own a heartbeat from the presidency.

That means tens or even hundreds of millions more dollars for the

(Excerpt) Read more at breitbart.com ...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2012, 07:25:24 PM »
Ryan isn't a huge PLUS but isn't a NEGATIVE at all.  Aside from the Ryan budget - which Romney disavoiwed on day 1.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2012, 09:07:42 PM »
Ryan should never try to be 1) Funny or 2) Tough.

Stick with being smart, consistent and conservative - and serious and confident.

When he puffs up or tries to make jokes, noooooo.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2012, 01:27:41 AM »
John Zogby Poll: Ryan Gives Romney Big Push in Swing States, Independents
Newsmax ^ | August 13, 2012 | Jim Meyers
Posted on August 14, 2012 3:49:17 AM EDT by 2ndDivisionVet

Mitt Romney’s campaign has gotten a decisive bump upwards with the selection of Rep. Paul Ryan as his running mate, a new poll by JZ Analytics reveals.

The poll — the first survey conducted after Romney announced Ryan as his vice presidential choice — shows the Romney/Ryan ticket tied with Obama/Biden at 46 percent.

But a JZ Analytics poll from a few weeks ago had Obama leading Romney by 5 percentage points, and most major polls also had Obama comfortably in the lead before the Ryan selection.

A CNN survey completed on Thursday, Aug. 9, had Obama up by 7 points. A Fox poll on Aug. 9 had the president ahead by 9 points, and a survey by Public Policy polling on Aug. 7 showed Obama with a 6-point lead.

“Clearly there is a Ryan bump,” pollster John Zogby, managing director of JZ Analytics, told Newsmax. Significantly, the new poll shows the Romney/Ryan ticket with a substantial lead among voters in swing states, 49.1 percent to 41.2 percent.

Also, the Republican ticket garners 45.2 percent among independent voters, ahead of the Democratic ticket at 40.1. Obama led in an earlier poll of independents. That shows that the Ryan choice has not hurt the Republican ticket in this important demographic, and has actually helped.

What is also significant here, according to Zogby, is that the percentage of voters who say they are still undecided now stands at just 14.7 percent, compared to over 20 percent in an earlier Zogby poll...

(Excerpt) Read more at newsmax.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2012, 06:12:27 AM »
Mitt's Damn-the-Torpedoes Decision
Townhall.com ^ | August 14, 2012 | Pat Buchanan
Posted on Tue Aug 14 2012 08:27:08 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time) by Kaslin

Mitt Romney's decision to select Rep. Paul Ryan as his running mate speaks well of the man who made it. Indeed, it seemed less like the moderate man we have come to know than Adm. David Farragut in Mobile Bay:

"Damn the torpedoes! Full speed ahead!"

Facing sinking polls, endless attack ads on his tax returns and Bain Capital record, and venomous lies that he was culpable in the cancer death of the wife of a steelworker seven years after he left Bain, Romney decided to convert this dismal campaign into a stark choice of philosophies and policies. Picking Ryan, Mitt shoved his whole stack of chips into the middle of the table and sent this message to the American people:

"Friends, our country is in trouble. If we do not lift the burden of taxation, regulation and spending that has produced $5 trillion in new debt in four years, we are going the way of Spain and Greece.

"I have chosen this young leader Paul Ryan to be my partner because he has thought more deeply and read more closely into the causes and consequences of our fiscal crisis than any other man in Washington.

"Now President Obama says his approach to solving America's fiscal crisis has 'worked.' If you believe that, go ahead and vote for him.

"But Paul Ryan and I believe that 42 straight months of 8 percent unemployment, $5 trillion in new debt and trillion-dollar deficits staring at us all the way to the horizon is a course to fiscal and financial ruin. He and I do not believe America can survive many more years of what Barack Obama has produced and promises to produce.

"We are offering America a different direction from the radical-liberal path of Obama, Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid, where the federal government consumes a fourth of the entire economy. We are offering a Romney-Reagan-Ryan conservative road to prosperity.

"I am not going to tell you this will not involve sacrifice. But if you believe this country needs a course correction, then we are asking you to take a chance with change to restore an America where our children can anticipate the better future we all could when we were growing up.

"You know and I know there is something fundamentally wrong with the direction in which we are headed. And the proof lies in the grim statistics that keep coming in month after month after month."

Romney's choice of Ryan makes the election of 2012 not only a report card and referendum on Obama, but a clear choice between philosophies.

Obama believes government is the engine of prosperity. Romney and Ryan believe people, private institutions, entrepreneurs and businesses are the creative and energizing forces in society.

And what a difference four years have made in this president.

In 2008, Obama was the candidate of "hope and change." In 2012, Obama is the candidate of inflexibility and fear.

Look at him, his surrogates and his ads.

Do they not all say to the American people: Be afraid, be terrified of what Romney and that dangerous Ryan would do. Be fearful, for Romney and Ryan will take from you what you have, while we will make sure you keep what you have, and we promise you more.

With the selection of Ryan, Mitt Romney has made this election a test of the people themselves. Two-thirds of all Americans, according to polls, believe the country is headed in the wrong direction.

Will they vote for Romney-Ryan to change course, or for Obama to continue on that course because they fear the unknown to the known?

The predictable Democratic response to Ryan's candidacy has begun. They are rummaging through his budget to find proposed cuts and crafting ads to frighten portions of the population about what those terrible cuts might mean to them.

Will it work?

Well, this will be a test of the communications skills of the Romney-Ryan campaign. Can they persuade the people to boot the Obamaites out of the wheelhouse and entrust them with the leadership of the nation?

Second, it will be a test of the people. Can they, will they reject the frightening picture that will be painted of Romney and Ryan's America?

America has faced course corrections before, with 1932 and 1980 coming to mind. In both those elections, the failed leadership was broomed out in a landslide.

Is there any doubt that this administration, too, has fallen short of what it promised? Is there any doubt that it, too, has failed?

But are we the same people those generations were? Or have we become the fearful and risk-averse electorate the consultants and the ad-makers think we are?

We shall see.

Nevertheless, Romney is owed a debt for choosing a man of principles and conservative philosophy as a running mate, thereby giving this country a clear choice as to the future it wants to live in.

However it comes out, this decision was a gutsy call.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2012, 06:23:51 AM »
Will medicare be the albatross?   Mitt was certainly without an answer on "how is your plan diff from that of Ryans"