Author Topic: Went to a bday party on Saturday [BB related]  (Read 4134 times)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: Went to a bday party on Saturday [BB related]
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2012, 11:05:32 AM »
;D, hubcaps, haha

But, I totally agree with that post.  I have my company, and really don't do any labor tasks these days, but it wasn't always like that.  I took the risk up front, I put in the hours, and I grew the business.  I have employees that do the grunt work now, but they get paid for that like you said.  My best asset is not being a laborer, it's thinking about, and getting more business.  I now have the time to look for other revenue streams while I have my employees out in the field doing the jobs we have.  I don't pretend they aren't an integral part of my company, they are, but they don't share the same burden as I do.  All but one of my guys out in the field are on salary, and their workload is given to them, and if they finish early, that's fine they can go home.  They get paid to sit at home if we have a good amount of rain, but I still have to come up with the money to pay them.  Alot of people seem to think that once you've made it, you should just hand it over to your workers, but that's not the case.  I took the gamble, and it paid off, so I take my rewards.  That being said, I give my guys bonuses quarterly and also if they've busted their asses I give them random cash, but to give them more than that, or on par with what I pay myself would be stupid.

With all that money rolling in, extra shmoe sessions for you!  :D :D
X

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2012, 11:07:45 AM »
I dont even use a credit card, I dont buy anything unless I can buy it outright.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2012, 11:08:04 AM »
I did a set of benches before going in since they had a pool.  Right then.

These people are rich.  Not 'they make a few hundred grand a year' rich, but really rich.  Like house with great view, boat, a bunch of bedrooms, maids, the whole deal.  They made their own money though so it's not like they were always that rich.  They started a business, it did great, sold it for millions.  Now they're constantly working on other stuff to bring to the market.  but i digress.

While there, i had a little moment of clarity.  I'm looking around their big ass house and looking at their TV.  It's a fairly standard flat TV LCD deal that's a few years old.  In contrast, everyone of my friends that its in deep fucking debt has a better TV then these guys do.  However, unlike me or my friends, these guys couldn't give two shits about impressing someone by having a 70" LCD that comes out of the floor because they, you and your 2nd cousin know that money they do have.

Even their cars are not what you'd expect.  They don't have a driver and are not pushing a ride that comes anywhere near a tiny percentage of what they're worth.  You can chuck it down to them not being into fancy cars, but mostly to seeing it as a waste of money. 

I was looking at Best Buy online and seeing all these TVs that are newer in model from mine, thinking i should find an excuse to replace it.  And then i realized that i'm just falling to the same bullshit trap of consumerism - thinking that something else is somehow better than what i have.  It's a stupid game and though i'm not as much of a victim as others, i'm still playing it a little. 

Why the fuck should i care what people think of my car (GS Lexus, btw), or my TV or my kicks?  But strangely, at some level, I do enjoy the kind of acknowledgment that i get from others from it. 

I'll end this here because i'm afraid i'm hitting the TL;DR threshold of internets...
Poor boy meltdown.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2012, 11:08:58 AM »
With all that money rolling in, extra shmoe sessions for you!  :D :D
Hey, why not, while we're at it, one for you too!  I'm feeling generous, meet me by the ice machine at the Mirage. :D

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2012, 11:16:23 AM »
Back in 2003 I was working as a baseball instructor. This guy comes in on an old piece of shit f150, dressed like a bum. He buys a package of 5 lessons that I gave him a discount on because he looked so poor and he wanted his son to get better. I felt bad for them so charged him half price. He pays for it with the black MasterCard(or whatever it was i forget now). I had remembered seeing a show on that card on MTV. Only a dozen of them available in the US. You had to put a million dollars on it every year. I googled his name after he left. Turns out he was the owner of an investment company on wall street amongst many other things. So he was one of the wealthiest people in the world.

After I got to know him I asked why he drives that truck. He said cars are he worst investment you can make. Never forgot that.
Must have been the same guy I saw. During the same yr, I had a POS Ford Taurus, I was getting tires, and this dude with a POS Ford F150 that was 3 diff colors and had dents and dings all over the place. He told me to keep my car unless it cost me in repairs. He said that he had a S500, but people always park near him, when he drives his Ford nobody parks near him. He also said, get maybe one nice car that you can spoil yourself, and keep a daily, unless you are truly into cars, they are bad investment.

**That Ford belched so much smoke, that I don't think it could have passed the most lax emissions test.

Samourai Pizzacat

• Getbig IV
  • Meeoow!!
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2012, 11:26:49 AM »
Because there stupid.

Oh sweet Irony!

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2012, 11:45:34 AM »
I never got the whole "cars are a horrible investment".  Most people want nice cars to either show off, or because they love cars.  Only a retard (especially a rich person) would purposely drive a piece of shit.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2012, 11:57:49 AM »
I never got the whole "cars are a horrible investment".  Most people want nice cars to either show off, or because they love cars.  Only a retard (especially a rich person) would purposely drive a piece of shit.
Because they depreciate like a rock once you drive it off the lot.
Those Lambos, Ferraris, etc? They depreciate the worse, especially Lambos, and most have multiple owners. But guess what doesn't depreciate? The maintenance on those cars.
Sure they are nice, you can pull tons of tail, but at the end of the day, the tail you pull doesn't pay the bills, and if you have a car that depreciates in value like an anvil in water, it ain't worth it.

Unless you are a true car enthusiast, and that is your hobby/vice, then it ain't worth it...leave it to the Jay Lenos, Ralph Laurens of the world.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2012, 12:02:42 PM »
Because they depreciate like a rock once you drive it off the lot.
Those Lambos, Ferraris, etc? They depreciate the worse, especially Lambos, and most have multiple owners. But guess what doesn't depreciate? The maintenance on those cars.
Sure they are nice, you can pull tons of tail, but at the end of the day, the tail you pull doesn't pay the bills, and if you have a car that depreciates in value like an anvil in water, it ain't worth it.

Unless you are a true car enthusiast, and that is your hobby/vice, then it ain't worth it...leave it to the Jay Lenos, Ralph Laurens of the world.
I think it's more a matter of means.  I think more people like cars than don't.  If you have the money, why wouldn't you buy a BMW M3 over a Ford Focus?

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2012, 12:03:41 PM »
I think it's more a matter of means.  I think more people like cars than don't.  If you have the money, why wouldn't you buy a BMW M3 over a Ford Focus?

Like I said, I would own a Boss 302 or something like that, which appreciates in value.

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2012, 12:12:04 PM »
Because there stupid. Are you trolling, this should be the first step on a intelligence quiz. Seriously where the fuck is true adonis when you need him. Jews figured this shit out in like the 15 century, why the fuck is it so hard for white trash to figure out.
But are they? They are in charge of printing money in the USA. And have printed trillions already.

Seems like they figured out how to print money better than anyone else.

Look at this graph. Ever since the Jews got what they wanted in 1913 it's been spinning out of control. You are now witnessing the final stages of their disastrous run.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2012, 12:17:36 PM »
I of course would buy the M3, if having the means and had to choose.
But, there are reasons why a person wouldn't. They don't want to go that fast, M3 is a gas guzzler compared to the Focus (base model), and BMW owners especially Ms have the image of being douchebags. In this economy, a focus gives the image of being frugal, environmentally conscious, and flying under the radar.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2012, 12:26:01 PM »
Hey, why not, while we're at it, one for you too!  I'm feeling generous, meet me by the ice machine at the Mirage. :D

;D ;D

Hope Chick is there  :D :D
X

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2012, 12:35:03 PM »
I did a set of benches before going in since they had a pool.  Right then.

These people are rich.  Not 'they make a few hundred grand a year' rich, but really rich.  Like house with great view, boat, a bunch of bedrooms, maids, the whole deal.  They made their own money though so it's not like they were always that rich.  They started a business, it did great, sold it for millions.  Now they're constantly working on other stuff to bring to the market.  but i digress.

While there, i had a little moment of clarity.  I'm looking around their big ass house and looking at their TV.  It's a fairly standard flat TV LCD deal that's a few years old.  In contrast, everyone of my friends that its in deep fucking debt has a better TV then these guys do.  However, unlike me or my friends, these guys couldn't give two shits about impressing someone by having a 70" LCD that comes out of the floor because they, you and your 2nd cousin know that money they do have.

Even their cars are not what you'd expect.  They don't have a driver and are not pushing a ride that comes anywhere near a tiny percentage of what they're worth.  You can chuck it down to them not being into fancy cars, but mostly to seeing it as a waste of money. 

I was looking at Best Buy online and seeing all these TVs that are newer in model from mine, thinking i should find an excuse to replace it.  And then i realized that i'm just falling to the same bullshit trap of consumerism - thinking that something else is somehow better than what i have.  It's a stupid game and though i'm not as much of a victim as others, i'm still playing it a little. 

Why the fuck should i care what people think of my car (GS Lexus, btw), or my TV or my kicks?  But strangely, at some level, I do enjoy the kind of acknowledgment that i get from others from it. 

I'll end this here because i'm afraid i'm hitting the TL;DR threshold of internets...

The average milliionaire next door drives a Ford Taurus or something similar.....they know what's up.

MikMaq

« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2012, 12:42:22 PM »
No, they made money because they had an idea, invested in it, risked their money to make it work, and it worked.  The people who worked for them didn't have to work for them, they can work for whomever they want.  That is the problem with some people. If people work hard, built something up, oh well - they did it with others helping them.  True, but they took the risk.

As for the story, good point.  I am always amazed at when people ask why dont you have a more expensive car, or the latest gizmo.  Why?  I enjoy the idea that I accumulate wealth a little at a time, and while others struggle paycheck to paycheck, I understand the simple notion that you dont spend more than you make.  I dont need $800 hubcaps, or a $3,000 stereo system.  (Although the camera I have with the lens with about that much)...

Most people in the $1 million+ wealth range, you wouldnt even know about.  They look and are quite normal.

I'll agree with you in general about on this, in general I think it's the truest class distinction we have in our society.

I met a guy one day, who looked like a white version of cleveland from family guy, wore a cheap shitty homemade sweater, drove a shitty old f150(a theme perhaps), talked in a mopey betaish tone. Turns out he was a top grad at mit, and was worth 10 mil.

However this notion that all small business owners earn what they get is total total bs. First off once you get some amount of money it's far easier to grow your money which is kinda a cheat. More importantly this risk you mention is the real scheme. So many small business's are essentially cornered markets.

What I mean is six guys get into debt and whoever is willing to get the most indebt will get the market, while the other 5 go broke. this is far more common than most are willing to realize, and it is part of the debt problem we face.

Oh sweet Irony!
YO fuck nuts, if you want to make up a bullshit reason, why we should bother with such an archaic non relevant grammar rule I'll be more than happy to tear it apart. But until then fuck off, this copy cat behaviour of people doing things because they think there suppose to is pathetic.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2012, 01:06:48 PM »
I'll agree with you in general about on this, in general I think it's the truest class distinction we have in our society.

I met a guy one day, who looked like a white version of cleveland from family guy, wore a cheap shitty homemade sweater, drove a shitty old f150(a theme perhaps), talked in a mopey betaish tone. Turns out he was a top grad at mit, and was worth 10 mil.

However this notion that all small business owners earn what they get is total total bs. First off once you get some amount of money it's far easier to grow your money which is kinda a cheat. More importantly this risk you mention is the real scheme. So many small business's are essentially cornered markets.

What I mean is six guys get into debt and whoever is willing to get the most indebt will get the market, while the other 5 go broke. this is far more common than most are willing to realize, and it is part of the debt problem we face.

YO fuck nuts, if you want to make up a bullshit reason, why we should bother with such an archaic non relevant grammar rule I'll be more than happy to tear it apart. But until then fuck off, this copy cat behaviour of people doing things because they think there suppose to is pathetic.

I agree with this whole heartidly.  Once you know how to play the game, you can take some money and start over on another project.  Last year, I took three grand, and started a business in my wifes name.  I have my contacts from my company, I hold the class A for both, and am now doing well with that one too, even if it is a side business that just suppliments my travel.  But, it 's not my fault I took the intitial risk and exploited my know how.  Am I just supposed to turn the company over to my workers, or give them money to start their own company?  No, I'm not a bank.

MikMaq

« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2012, 01:23:23 PM »
I agree with this whole heartidly.  Once you know how to play the game, you can take some money and start over on another project.  Last year, I took three grand, and started a business in my wifes name.  I have my contacts from my company, I hold the class A for both, and am now doing well with that one too, even if it is a side business that just suppliments my travel.  But, it 's not my fault I took the intitial risk and exploited my know how.  Am I just supposed to turn the company over to my workers, or give them money to start their own company?  No, I'm not a bank.
YOur suppose to drop the self made man bullshit and live  like a boss.