Author Topic: Why can't we wake up!!!!!!  (Read 8039 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Re: Why can't we wake up!!!!!!
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2012, 07:43:32 AM »
If David Kouresh was born two thousand years ago, there'd probably be a religion today devoted to worshiping him.  People would be killing each other because of his "teachings", celebrating holidays in his name, and structuring their life in hopes of sharing an afterlife with this quack.  It's astonishing how gullible people are even if they're otherwise functionally intelligent. 
No, because David K was effed in the head.....somebody would have killed him for effing his wife/sister/daughter/aunt/grandmother.
David was claiming to be the answer, while screwing other men's women and then telling the men if they disagree then they are not following "his" (aka god) plan...all the cult leader try to sexually emasculate the male followers. That ish doesn't last long until someone bucks the system.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2012, 07:46:26 AM »
I dated a Buddhist for 5 years and learned a ton about it.

I'm not religious, but it makes some good points about life and conquering your inner self.

8)

How many years had he been a buddhist?

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2012, 07:48:43 AM »
The common theme to all religions is the thought of some sort of "afterlife"  People don't want to come to grips with death.

littledumbells

• Getbig III
« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2012, 11:10:41 AM »
   In the end we all become worm fodder. Seriously though, if believing in X and following rules set down by X get you through the day great. Just don't have any expectations that I will/should or must think as you do. Hypothetically thinking, if there is a "reckoning" followed by some sort of "hereafter" a bunch of people may very well be fucked. Me included.......maybe

The point is is that there should only be one right religion. Right?  I can't see multiple utopias after you die.  One for Muslims, one for Christians, one for hindis etc.....  Why can't smart people start putting things together.

Why would there need to be any exclusivity? Except to further "X" beliefs and to pump the membership numbers. I think that is the primary driving force of the "my religion is the only right one". Would some supreme being really want or care if people lived in poverty because they have too many kids, ie catholic ban on birth control. Its a numbers game plain and simple dictated by a man in a pointy had that has never been laid. The human leaders of the churches want more people to believe as they do which gives them more control and power and MONEY.

DKlent

• Getbig III
« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2012, 11:39:54 AM »
   I was playing football today when an incident happened that made me think.  A black guy was making fun of a Muslim guy's religion.  There was going to be a barbecue after and the Muslim wanted to know if there would be pork served.  Then a white guy shouted " see that's why you're religion is stupid. It tells you what you can eat"  The Mulsim guy said " I wouldn't eat that dirty ass animal (pig)"

We are all in for a rude awakening people. All these people with all of these restrictions, limitations, etc...  Muslims can't eat pork, Indians worship cows, and rats etc....  Why can't we realise that out all of the various beliefs in this world, that somebody is going to be assed out in the end.  Christianity, Islam, Buddhist, Scientology, witchcraft, devil-worship etc....... Who will win?  I think we all lose  :-[

I don't eat meat because it is immoral, not because some religion tells me not to. People need to make their own decisions and stop being led by dogma.

BTW, Pigs aren't usually "dirty". They use mud to cool off.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2012, 11:44:38 AM »

I don't eat meat because it is immoral, not because some religion tells me not to. People need to make their own decisions and stop being led by dogma.

BTW, Pigs aren't usually "dirty". They use mud to cool off.
Why is eating meat immoral, and where did you get such ideas from?

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2012, 12:08:13 PM »
If David Kouresh was born two thousand years ago, there'd probably be a religion today devoted to worshiping him.  People would be killing each other because of his "teachings", celebrating holidays in his name, and structuring their life in hopes of sharing an afterlife with this quack.  It's astonishing how gullible people are even if they're otherwise functionally intelligent. 

Excellent post.

Religion, choose any one, is ridiculous. And why do folks feel a need to believe in something?

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: August 13, 2012, 12:12:16 PM »
Excellent post.

Religion, choose any one, is ridiculous. And why do folks feel a need to believe in something?
So, do you believe in nothing?

Humans have a "worshipping complex", it could be a tree, lighting, a chair, a piece of feces, an egg,
wind, a mountain, a rare flower, lifting weights,  it doesn't matter humans or a group of humans will worship it.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: August 13, 2012, 12:42:57 PM »
So, do you believe in nothing?

Humans have a "worshipping complex", it could be a tree, lighting, a chair, a piece of feces, an egg,
wind, a mountain, a rare flower, lifting weights,  it doesn't matter humans or a group of humans will worship it.

That's correct. I "believe" in nothing. Or more to your point, I worship nothing.

If there is a "creator", it would be an alien. And he/the race is long gone, likely.

And if I knew of the alien race responsible, I still wouldn't worship it.

I appreciate the wonders of nature. That's about it.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #59 on: August 13, 2012, 12:48:15 PM »