Author Topic: In 1970 the Medicare Trustee Report predicted insolvency in .....  (Read 1881 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: In 1970 the Medicare Trustee Report predicted insolvency in .....
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2012, 12:49:06 PM »
A little harder to understand, which is probably why a moron such as yourself doesn't get it: the program is going to be bankrupt by the time you and I are old enough to collect benefits. The unfunded obligations of Medicare/SS exceed world GDP. Both programs discourage saving, which in turn slows economic growth. Medicare wastes $100bn annually in fraud. The costs are growing out of control. Poor people tend to die younger, thus making the program a rip-off that redistributes wealth from the poor to the rich. But don't let any of those facts affect your extreme partisanship.

and it was going to go insolvent in 1972, 1973, 1976, etc...

your issue is not the funding problem which is fixable (proven already given all the prior projected dates of insolvency)

your issue is that you don't think it should even exist in the first place so why play games pretending you give a shit or even understand the #'s

It's too bad neither Romney, or Ryan and now you, can't be honest about your motivation

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2012, 12:50:07 PM »

your issue is not the funding problem which is fixable (proven already given all the prior projected dates of insolvency)

your issue is that you don't think it should even exist in the first place so why play games pretending you give a shit or even understand the #'s

It's too bad neither Romney, or Ryan and now you, can't be honest about your motivation

And guess what moron - how do you think it was all financed? 

howardroark

• Getbig IV
  • Resident Objectivist & Autodidact
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2012, 02:05:12 PM »

It was insolvent and it was fixed via a combination of increasing taxes and cutting spending. Now it is insolvent again and you're opposed to the only plan that fixes the program and eliminates the $100bn in annual waste.

I am honest with my motivation: I want the program gone because it is an immoral redistribution of wealth from the poor to the rich.

Ryan and Romney are honest too: they want to fix the program.

Obama and the Democrats are honest too: they won't want to deal with that now, because they want to propose massive tax hikes in the future when the program goes bankrupt.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2012, 02:29:55 PM »
It was insolvent and it was fixed via a combination of increasing taxes and cutting spending. Now it is insolvent again and you're opposed to the only plan that fixes the program and eliminates the $100bn in annual waste.

I am honest with my motivation: I want the program gone because it is an immoral redistribution of wealth from the poor to the rich.Ryan and Romney are honest too: they want to fix the program.

Obama and the Democrats are honest too: they won't want to deal with that now, because they want to propose massive tax hikes in the future when the program goes bankrupt.

how is it a "redistribution of wealth to the poor" when anyone who earns an income in this country, poor/middle/upper class, all pay into it and those very same people then get to access to the benefits when they need it?