Author Topic: Info/Advice Please: Low Carb Connection to Muscle Tearing?  (Read 2216 times)

Armani

• Getbig II
  • 161 confirmed kills and counting
Info/Advice Please: Low Carb Connection to Muscle Tearing?
« on: August 10, 2012, 10:40:36 AM »
A friend of mine posted this on FaceBook and I said I would post it here and tell him what the GetBiggers think.  Please don't let me down:

"I am looking for some nutrition help. Why, when I am on a very low Carb diet >30g/day, I end up with a major muscle tear? These injuries usually acure when I do a sprint workout or sled pulling workout. Any thoughts would appreciated."

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
Re: Info/Advice Please: Low Carb Connection to Muscle Tearing?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 11:58:20 AM »
A friend of mine posted this on FaceBook and I said I would post it here and tell him what the GetBiggers think.  Please don't let me down:

"I am looking for some nutrition help. Why, when I am on a very low Carb diet >30g/day, I end up with a major muscle tear? These injuries usually acure when I do a sprint workout or sled pulling workout. Any thoughts would appreciated."

An actual torn muscle will be noticeable. What he's experiencing is likely just more soreness than usual with the lack of carbs/calories. Tell him to try to eat all his carbs post workout to see if it helps. When dieting as a natural I always felt more soreness when dieting this way.

EDIT: I mean a torn muscle will be physically noticeable.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 04:11:00 AM »
i've been ketogenic for about a month now and I don't notice any difference in how my muscles "feel"...

is he eating enough fat? a big mistake that low-carbers make, because of the US government led propaganda campaign against fat (especially healthy saturated fat) is that they eat too much protein...

Armani

• Getbig II
  • 161 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012, 10:07:57 AM »
Thank you Borracho and Woo!  I passed it on.