Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
November 27, 2014, 06:39:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brad Pilon - Eat Stop Eat & How Much Protein  (Read 6968 times)
animal1991
Getbig III

« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2012, 08:02:57 AM »

not this time around, i took eca back in the late 90s when it was still legal and i was able to hit a legit sub-6, gh15 confirmed Grin

at this moment in time i'm not sure if i want to get down to sub-6 again, but i'm pretty sure that i could do it this time around without taking eca or any fat-burners, and without doing any cardio as well

i've put a good amount of muscle on my legs recently and i still want to put a bit more on my delts and arms, my torso is my best bodypart so i'm not focused on it at all

the attached pics is how i looked back in '99 when i was sitting at a legit sub-6
Looks good, I just want to hit a solid 8%, maintain it and look good for the beach! Smiley And next year I will diet down from 8% for a bb comp
Report to moderator   Logged
dj181
Getbig V

stimulate-recover-grow

« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2012, 08:33:30 AM »

Looks good, I just want to hit a solid 8%, maintain it and look good for the beach! Smiley And next year I will diet down from 8% for a bb comp

well man, the key to maintaining it is to keep the cals in check, but that's much easier said than done lol
animal1991
Getbig III

« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2012, 01:05:16 AM »

Geez, I think due to my slow metabolism I would have to eat <2000 to remain ripped, which doesn't bother me cause I'm never really hungry even at 1500
dj181
Getbig V

stimulate-recover-grow

« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2012, 03:20:00 AM »

Geez, I think due to my slow metabolism I would have to eat <2000 to remain ripped, which doesn't bother me cause I'm never really hungry even at 1500

you know how to change your metabolism right?

the answer is... remain active

"genetics" means fuck all when it comes to leaness and bodyfat dude

i've been 155 @ sub-6 for months on end, but i've also been 190 @ over-20% for over 3 years

genetics my ass... if that was true then i never would have been able to vary so much with regards to leaness and bodyfat

genetics matter with regards to frame size, muscle length, joint size, limb and torso length
animal1991
Getbig III

« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2012, 03:44:48 AM »

you know how to change your metabolism right?

the answer is... remain active

Just basic stuff like walk more, take a run a few times a week etc?
dj181
Getbig V

stimulate-recover-grow

« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2012, 03:51:06 AM »

Just basic stuff like walk more, take a run a few times a week etc?

IMO it has more to do with progressively harder weight training

this is what jacks your metabolism

"aerobic" activity is ok, but progressive resistance training is KING

AJ ie. Arthur Jones also discussed this when he talked about how progressive weight training "supercharges" the metabolism, and guess what? he's right

i'll try and find that article from AJ and post it here dude
dj181
Getbig V

stimulate-recover-grow

« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2012, 04:18:32 AM »

here's the link to a shitload of his articles

http://www.arthurjonesexercise.com/Ironman/Ironman.html

focus on the articles under bulletins 1 and 2 and the ironman magazine articles

the key is to train progressively harder, but not to train too much (over-training) and also not to train too little (under-training) but to train optimally

yeah i know that's vague as fuck, but as AJ later said, "you have to be your own scientist and find out what works best for you" but again... the key is PROGRESSION, without progression you won't change
animal1991
Getbig III

« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2012, 06:17:24 AM »

Thanks a lot bro. Appreciate it. Do you believe in a lot of AJ's and Mike Mentzer's stuff?
dj181
Getbig V

stimulate-recover-grow

« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2012, 06:28:25 AM »

Thanks a lot bro. Appreciate it. Do you believe in a lot of AJ's and Mike Mentzer's stuff?

yep, except i believe that Mentzer went off the deep end near the end of his life...

training only once a week or even once every 2 weeks Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed

i tried that and it didn't work, coz it was under-training IMO

what the hell dude, i'll give you some of my rules...

1. YOU MUST PROGRESS to get bigger muscles ie. more weight on the bar

2. keep the rep range btw 5-8 reps

3. train each muscle more frequently, but with much less volume

4. the harder the exercise the better the exercise ie. compound free weight moves such as squats, deads, benches, rows, dips, chins, military, and barbell curls mop the floor with all other exercises
animal1991
Getbig III

« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2012, 06:38:11 AM »

yep, except i believe that Mentzer went off the deep end near the end of his life...

training only once a week or even once every 2 weeks Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed

i tried that and it didn't work, coz it was under-training IMO

what the hell dude, i'll give you some of my rules...

1. YOU MUST PROGRESS to get bigger muscles ie. more weight on the bar

2. keep the rep range btw 5-8 reps

3. train each muscle more frequently, but with much less volume

4. the harder the exercise the better the exercise ie. compound free weight moves such as squats, deads, benches, rows, dips, chins, military, and barbell curls mop the floor with all other exercises

At the moment I'm training 3x a week in a legs, push, pull scheme. Working well and starting to gain strength while in my calorie deficit. I focus on the big 3 and usually go to failure with it, then add 1 or 2 accessory exercises and do about 3-4 sets of 8-10 reps.
dj181
Getbig V

stimulate-recover-grow

« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2012, 06:42:54 AM »

At the moment I'm training 3x a week in a legs, push, pull scheme. Working well and starting to gain strength while in my calorie deficit. I focus on the big 3 and usually go to failure with it, then add 1 or 2 accessory exercises and do about 3-4 sets of 8-10 reps.

as long as your gaining in strength and adding weight to the bar then you're on the right path

p.s. that is SOOOOOOOO MUCH easier said than done, at least in my case it is Cry Cry Cry

but i have added some decent weight on my squat, and guess what? my quads are bigger and fuller, but strength gains doesn't equal size gains.... yeah right lol
animal1991
Getbig III

« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2012, 06:48:25 AM »

I lost strength first when I started my diet and was a bit low on energy but luckily it picked up and now I go all out every time! The thing is I realise is you always have more fat to lose than you think! Haha, I'm under the perception I will get lean quickly but it doesn't work that way
Roger Bacon
Getbig V

Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails

« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2012, 09:51:45 PM »

Anyone ever read it? If not, I have attached download link below. It is quite controversial, Eat Stop Eat intails 2x 24 hour fasts a week and in How Much Protein he talks about there is not such a great need for protein and you only need 70-120g a day.
http://www.scribd.com/mobile/doc/49890664
http://ebookbrowse.com/eat-stop-eat-by-brad-pilon-pdf-d322147020
Let me know what you think

This is good, thanks for posting!!!

Thatís right, fasting can cause very large increases in the amount of circulating growth hormone. The same growth hormone that celebrities, bodybuilders and fitness models pay thousands of dollars for on the black market, can be easily had for free, just by fasting!

Montague
Getbig V

« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2012, 05:04:45 AM »

^^ hGH release thrives in a biological environment that is low in carbohydrates, low in fatty acids, and high in amino acids. This concept was the first thing I thought of when I initially learned of intermittent fasting.

There are also specific training methods and some OTC supplements that have clinically demonstrated favorably measurable effects on hGH release via various mechanisms when used at the right times and at the right doses.
WOOO
Getbig V

Mr. Unpopular

« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2012, 05:42:13 AM »

Has anyone tried A-GPC?

http://www.livestrong.com/article/351162-supplements-to-increase-hgh/
Montague
Getbig V

« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2012, 07:22:40 AM »

I'm not familiar with A-GPC. However, I have come across some promising information regarding other supplements that may interest you. Supplements that are known to DIRECTLY stimulate hGH output include GABA, orally administered arginine, and niacin/vit B-3/nicotinic Acid

However, you may want to avoid taking arginine prior to training, as it has been shown to attenutate the growth hormone response to exercise. As proper training by itself exhibits a stronger ifluence on hGH output than arginine, it's probably unwise to knix the mechanism of the superior element in favor of the inferior one. Also, arginine consumed orally can cause gastrointestinal distress at higher doses.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15809017
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16741262

Niacin exhibits a measurable effect on hGH release, but of course, too much can produce nasty side effects and even be toxic. Niacin is also a known fat-immobilizer, and I don't believe it's yet clear if its hGH-related benefits outweigh its fat immobilzation properties in terms of lipolysis. Smaller doses of niacin can promote healthy cholesterol levels.
http://www.vrp.com/single-vitamins/niacin-the-cholesterol-wars-champion-can-also-raise-growth-hormone

GABA has demonstrated elevation of both resting and postexercise irGH and ifGH concentrations -  in some circumstances, by approximately 400%. Here are the finer details of that study:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18091016

Training protocols that are high in volume, moderate to high in intensity, and use short rest intervals while stressing a large muscle mass, tend to produce significantly acute hormonal elevations in hGH.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15831061

I also believe in melatonin facilitating hGH output, but being that it is a "sleep" hormone, I question the wisdom in taking it pre-exercise.  I am inclined to think it would work much better when used other ways.
WOOO
Getbig V

Mr. Unpopular

« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2012, 05:09:00 PM »

i'm at the point where i take very few supplements anyway...
animal1991
Getbig III

« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2012, 04:31:04 AM »

This morning I'm down to 103,1kg and I'm very pleaed. My GF also finally lost weight and is down from 68kg to 67kg. About 8kg for me to go and about 10kg for her. These are only estimates though. Gonna kick things into high gear next week and drop our calories a little bit.
dj181
Getbig V

stimulate-recover-grow

« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2012, 05:15:25 AM »

This morning I'm down to 103,1kg and I'm very pleaed. My GF also finally lost weight and is down from 68kg to 67kg. About 8kg for me to go and about 10kg for her. These are only estimates though. Gonna kick things into high gear next week and drop our calories a little bit.

sounds good, but don't forget about the hard and progressive training man
Rudee
Getbig V

« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2012, 12:06:39 AM »

Most Americans are intermittent fasting in that they skip breakfast and eat their first meal mid morning or lunchtime. 
dj181
Getbig V

stimulate-recover-grow

« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2012, 01:37:22 AM »

Most Americans are intermittent fasting in that they skip breakfast and eat their first meal mid morning or lunchtime. 

and what's interesting is that cybergenics pushed this IF concept back in the mid to late 80s, so it's nothing new actually
animal1991
Getbig III

« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2012, 10:47:25 PM »

This week I didn't lose any weight. I also started Mike Mentzers HD I training routine so don't know if that is the cause. I actually even gained a small amount of weight, 0,3kg. Last week I was 103,1 now I'm 103,4. Maybe just water fluctuations but I was hoping to get down to atleast 102/101,5 this week!
dj181
Getbig V

stimulate-recover-grow

« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2012, 01:08:48 AM »

This week I didn't lose any weight. I also started Mike Mentzers HD I training routine so don't know if that is the cause. I actually even gained a small amount of weight, 0,3kg. Last week I was 103,1 now I'm 103,4. Maybe just water fluctuations but I was hoping to get down to atleast 102/101,5 this week!

stop worrrying about bodyweight, go by the mirror and by strength increases on your lifts

i haven't weighed myself in well over a year

animal1991
Getbig III

« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2012, 02:00:07 AM »

stop worrrying about bodyweight, go by the mirror and by strength increases on your lifts

i haven't weighed myself in well over a year

Yes I know weight isn't as important, but its still a pretty good indication of changes in body composition.
dj181
Getbig V

stimulate-recover-grow

« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2012, 02:09:39 AM »

Yes I know weight isn't as important, but its still a pretty good indication of changes in body composition.

the mirror and skin-folds are better indicators IMO
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!