Author Topic: ALARMING Soldier Suicide Rate  (Read 6518 times)

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
Re: ALARMING Soldier Suicide Rate
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2012, 09:25:14 AM »
I could care less of the Iraqi's hate us...as long as the oil flows. If you rags think we give a fuck about any of you in the Middle East your joking. I gave more food to the dogs I saw on the street then I ever did to either the Iraqi's or the Afghans. We will and have always done what's in our best interest. Does anybody care about what happened in the Sudan....nope....but if there was oil or something else there...I'd have a tour there as well. We care about Africa only as long as we can exploit the mineral and oil wealth...as it turns out my car runs on gas. Until that changes we'll continue to hug our arab brothers..and take their shit.

May God reward you in equal terms you accursed low life. You may get away with what you've done to these people.. but may God give you equal in this world and the next.

There's two camps in this war who went in as soldiers. Those who saw and were disgusted and spoke out and left. Those who are SICK and will rot in hell and be accursed in this world for their evil. You are of the later. God curse you.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2012, 02:56:02 AM »
Do you understand how important oil is for the global economy, let alone the U.S. economy? Do you know what is liable to happen if imports from the M.E. are reduced significantly or if the transport of oil is disrupted (e.g., if the Strait of Hormuz is closed)? It's a big deal for a reason!

True. But its not what we tell the troops is it?
So basically they are send to kill or possibly die on a lie.

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2012, 06:33:28 AM »
True. But its not what we tell the troops is it?
So basically they are send to kill or possibly die on a lie.

I'm pretty sure they know why they are in Iraq, since the first thing they did was secure the oil fields.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2012, 07:45:07 AM »
I'm pretty sure they know why they are in Iraq, since the first thing they did was secure the oil fields.

many ignorant people on getig argued for years "it's not about the oil!"
back in 2004, 2005... it was hilarious up in here.  Parroting the lines about liberating them and spreading democracy lmao

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2012, 08:09:48 AM »
back in 2004, 2005... it was hilarious up in here.  Parroting the lines about liberating them and spreading democracy lmao

There had to be a reason to go in, WMD was as good as any after 9-11, we wanted revenge on someone anyone. Sure Saddam had some shit left over, possible was thinking about spinning up his program again. Since the UN is basically useless, easy enough to discredit them. You can't tell the American people, hey look we are going to secure the oil supplies in the ME, so we are going to invade.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2012, 08:18:34 AM »
There had to be a reason to go in, WMD was as good as any after 9-11, we wanted revenge on someone anyone. Sure Saddam had some shit left over, possible was thinking about spinning up his program again. Since the UN is basically useless, easy enough to discredit them. You can't tell the American people, hey look we are going to secure the oil supplies in the ME, so we are going to invade.

we wanted to go in to set up bases (saudis kicking us out back then) and get a foothold for that oil, even if it will be used decades from now.

UN got to search the country, found nothing.  Saddam was a dick but he kept the place calm. 

The 'sell' to the US population was WMD, exporting democracy, and other noble nonsense.  I dont care that we invaded, only that our leaders had to lie to us about it.  Just say "oh, we want bases and oil, chill out brah" and I'm okay with that.

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2012, 08:22:17 AM »
we wanted to go in to set up bases (saudis kicking us out back then) and get a foothold for that oil, even if it will be used decades from now.

UN got to search the country, found nothing.  Saddam was a dick but he kept the place calm. 

The 'sell' to the US population was WMD, exporting democracy, and other noble nonsense.  I dont care that we invaded, only that our leaders had to lie to us about it.  Just say "oh, we want bases and oil, chill out brah" and I'm okay with that.

Plus it was sending a message to the other dictators, hey stay in line, or else
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2012, 10:12:12 AM »
Plus it was sending a message to the other dictators, hey stay in line, or else

yep - I believe kadaffi believed to 'play ball' with the US after we invaded Iraq, he knew he was next.

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2012, 11:31:44 AM »

I think those in power do the cold power calculations AND try to promote noble causes, at least on occasion. From the various examples of intervention, it seems clear that the primary goal is always some perceived security interest, e.g. securing oil or deposing some douche that is destabilizing the area. But that doesn't mean someone planning the operation can't also believe some noble cause will be promoted as well.

Still, noble causes are never promoted on their own without an accompanying security interest. That's why we deploy so little to Africa, a place perfect for noble interventions against poverty, genocide, dictatorship, disease, and everything else. There just isn't an accompanying security interest most of the time.

So, while the government always lies about every single operation being about a noble cause, the reality is that a noble cause is only promoted when it happens to co-exist alongside a security interest . That being the case, I think it's fair to say Operation Iraqi Freedom was about democracy and liberation to some extent; it's just that these factors weren't the primary reason we were there, and if they were the only reasons to intervene, we wouldn't do it.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2012, 05:41:05 PM »
LOL Gadaffi wanted to implement A GOLD standard dinnar and silver dirham for all of africa being united. THIS is why over night America, France, UK, etc... that were FRIENDS with gadaffi were suddenly tlaking about the "CRAZY MANIAC DICTATOR" and bombed the country to oblivion.

Do you REALLY think they CARE that gadaffi bombed muslim villages who wanted to rule by Islam? No. The US is already waging a war against Islam and Muslims but selectively supported Muslims in Libya while installing a puppet and no one but the US gets what they want in the end.

Africa is RICH in gold, silver, diamonds and all sorts of resources and minerals. Africa would PROSPER if Gadaffi went forward with his idea hence the US interveneed.

The US government is nothing BUT SCUM that has its own interests and is selfish and would NEVER be selfless except if it expects in return a shit load of things in return and thats not being selfless thats being deceitful and evil.

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2012, 05:47:49 PM »
LOL Gadaffi wanted to implement A GOLD standard dinnar and silver dirham for all of africa being united. THIS is why over night America, France, UK, etc... that were FRIENDS with gadaffi were suddenly tlaking about the "CRAZY MANIAC DICTATOR" and bombed the country to oblivion.

Do you REALLY think they CARE that gadaffi bombed muslim villages who wanted to rule by Islam? No. The US is already waging a war against Islam and Muslims but selectively supported Muslims in Libya while installing a puppet and no one but the US gets what they want in the end.

Africa is RICH in gold, silver, diamonds and all sorts of resources and minerals. Africa would PROSPER if Gadaffi went forward with his idea hence the US interveneed.

The US government is nothing BUT SCUM that has its own interests and is selfish and would NEVER be selfless except if it expects in return a shit load of things in return and thats not being selfless thats being deceitful and evil.

Do you live in the US? If so you need to move to another country immediately if not sooner
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2012, 06:03:10 PM »
^Why because you are bothered that someone will wake you up from the fantasy that America is the world's 'hero' and 'saviour' and america is innoscent while the rest of the world is evil and needs to be taken care of and protected by the almighty America.

Please... spare that ignoramus crap for someone who is ignorant and believes in fox news.

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2012, 06:19:56 PM »
^Why because you are bothered that someone will wake you up from the fantasy that America is the world's 'hero' and 'saviour' and america is innoscent while the rest of the world is evil and needs to be taken care of and protected by the almighty America.

Please... spare that ignoramus crap for someone who is ignorant and believes in fox news.

Another brilliant post by the resident ass clown. I don't watch any propaganda i mean news channels.

And no I don't think America is the savior of the world, personally I think we should let all you fuck heads kill each other off. Sunni's vs Shia vs Wahabist, just a matter of time. Save having to pretend like we care about you.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2012, 06:20:58 PM »
Another brilliant post by the resident ass clown. I don't watch any propaganda i mean news channels.

And no I don't think America is the savior of the world, personally I think we should let all you fuck heads kill each other off. Sunni's vs Shia vs Wahabist, just a matter of time. Save having to pretend like we care about you.

^^^^

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2012, 06:21:56 PM »

*waiting for the 'go back where you came from' redneck comment*

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2012, 06:23:06 PM »

You really don't get it... Most people in the US truly do not care about that area... There may be a small group, but really not many.

And don't you hate Jewish people?

Why use a Sandberg to illustrate your point?

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2012, 06:23:47 PM »

I'm mad because I could care less if all the rags in ME killed each other off? Not so much. One of you fuckers isn't worth 1000 US troops.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2012, 06:36:30 PM »
I eagerly await the day the world finds an alternative to oil and the Mohammedans are reduced to the ashes of history. They have nothing else going for them. Good luck sustaining your mass-murdering of women and children without the oil money to fund it.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2012, 06:53:12 PM »
I could care less of the Iraqi's hate us...as long as the oil flows. If you rags think we give a fuck about any of you in the Middle East your joking. I gave more food to the dogs I saw on the street then I ever did to either the Iraqi's or the Afghans. We will and have always done what's in our best interest. Does anybody care about what happened in the Sudan....nope....but if there was oil or something else there...I'd have a tour there as well. We care about Africa only as long as we can exploit the mineral and oil wealth...as it turns out my car runs on gas. Until that changes we'll continue to hug our arab brothers..and take their shit.

Very good post, glad to see you've opened your eyes!   8)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2012, 06:55:35 PM »

EXACTLY!!  This thread is cracking me up!!! 

In '04 they were calling us CT NUTS!  Now HH6 is even on board with what's going on.  Maybe there is hope!  8) 8) 8)

Wonder if Beach Bum can acknowledge the reason we're in the Middle East yet?  It certainly has nothing to do with "TERROR".  ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2012, 08:02:13 PM »
back in 2004-2005, guys like me and hugo were openly mocked for our beliefs about WMD and sadaam.  Bringing democracy, they said.  It's not about oil.  Those bases are only temporary.  Our govt has no interest in bases.  Strategic position?  lolzer, what a CT. 

the war is nearly ten years old... we have leases to remain on their soil for 15 more years (then add'l renewals). 

I guess they can say "It's not a PERMAMENT" base as bush and obama both did... keep renewing lease and it's effectively the same thing.

not that i care - it's the price the US pays to be #1.  I can't hate unless I want to live in a mud hut.
I just dislike the morons who lied about it and argued it on getbig. 

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2012, 08:09:26 PM »
Just calling it what it is makes all the difference in my opinion.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2012, 08:11:20 PM »
one can only imagine the shit we think is true in 2012...  that in ten years will turn out to be bogus.

Turns out Romney was born in kenya and Obamacare will save us from the Canadian invasion?

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2012, 08:17:59 PM »
Yes. All for the oil. One would think if we went to those lengths that we wouldn't have let China secure the rights to multiple fields when the bidding went down.  ::)

240 has changed his "reasoning" behind the Iraq War more often than I can remember.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2012, 08:24:56 PM »
Yes. All for the oil. One would think if we went to those lengths that we wouldn't have let China secure the rights to multiple fields when the bidding went down.  ::)

240 has changed his "reasoning" behind the Iraq War more often than I can remember.

there was no single reason for invading.

sadaam was dumping the dollar, wasn't he?  That's enough right there.  Everyone folows suit, and we're screwed.  That was probably the #1 reason.

Behind that?  bases, for sure.  We have what, almsot 100 bases there now?  for training, huh? 

Religious reasons, sure.  Positioning for eventual dealings with china/military, sure - our bases line that border like a mofo.  That's no accident. 

They also line what will eventually be the oil lines.  We secured the oil ministry while the others burned.

No, Fury, it's not "all for the oil" but some of it is - Mccain admitted it.  Yes, china got some fields, but we have the bases for the fields that'll be drilled 100 years from now.