Author Topic: Oakley told the New York Post earlier this week.  (Read 5327 times)

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
Oakley told the New York Post earlier this week.
« on: August 17, 2012, 06:17:40 PM »
THANK YOU!

LeBron James, fresh off an MVP award, NBA title, Finals MVP and gold medal, isn't quite at Michael Jordan's level, teammate Dwyane Wade said—but he's not far, either.

"Just watching LeBron play, I mean he's just playing at a different gear right now," Wade told the South Florida Sun Sentinel on Thursday. "That monkey is off his back and now he's just playing basketball. I think we'll continue to see a better LeBron James—it's scary to say, a three-time MVP—than we've seen.

Dwyane Wade, left, says he wants to see LeBron James equal Michael Jordan's career. (AP Photo)
"And it's because all he's got to do is play basketball now. He doesn't have to worry about what he hasn't done, even though it will always be something. But he got the biggest one off this back. He played exceptionally well."

Wade, coming off arthroscopic knee surgery, also said that he'd be ready for the Heat's season opener against the Boston Celtics on Oct. 30 but might miss the start of training camp.

Wade, speaking at his basketball camp, grew up in Chicago idolizing Jordan and didn't dismiss the comparison, which has followed James around for his entire career.

"He's on that level," Wade said, "but he has a lot more to do to get there. I think he understands he has an unbelievable opportunity to be one of the greatest to play this game. But that's when he gets done playing, he can say that.

"Right now, he has so much more to cover in his career. He's just getting started at the same time when Michael kind of just got started. We'll see how it all shakes out. I hope it shakes out the same way. I'll be a very happy man."

Former Jordan teammate and longtime friend Charles Oakley, naturally, has a differing opinion.

“I don’t know why they started this, Jordan had six rings, LeBron has one, Jordan has six Finals MVPs, LeBron has one,” Oakley told the New York Post earlier this week. “I think the better comparison is Kobe Bryant.

“They weren’t even talking about this a year ago. LeBron wasn’t in the picture last year, but now that he’s won a title and a gold medal he is? It’s just more hardware, it doesn’t change the field.”

Gregory Ybarra · Aldine Sr. High
lol, he can never be on mj's level.He messed that up, he had the chance in Cleveland.jordan elevated the bulls and that organization. MJ never gave up, backed down or complained about his team. He fought till he won and kept winning! To be on MJ's level you have to have the heart, and knowledge of the game.Lebron has neither.He lacks leadership and the will to be challenged.If he would have stayed in Cleveland and started a dynasty, then we could start comparing.....
Reply · 2 ·  · 3 hours ago

AND THIS SHORT SIGHTED NEGRO...

Reggie Brown ·  Top Commenter
i disagree , he never would have won anything n cleveland and u know that . look at th team they built around Jordan and look at the crap LeBron had around him . i'll make a even better point , when Jordan left the bulls went all the to the eastern conf finals and lost to the knicks . what have cleveland done besides get worse ? who was he going lead ? he on an island by himself . where was his Scottie Pippen ? now i'm a big MJ fan but go back and look at some of the bulls games , he was a selfish player and he did nothing to elevate his teammates . most of his them hated him , now look at LeBron , he involve and set up others on the team to make them better . he will find the open man if he's doubled, not MJ .

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: Oakley told the New York Post earlier this week.
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 07:26:36 PM »
*crickets*
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 07:50:48 PM »
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 07:52:12 PM »
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2012, 07:52:47 PM »
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2012, 07:54:33 PM »
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2012, 12:57:55 PM »
Bump for the sound of wind gently wafting through the emptiness of this thread. :)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2012, 05:51:00 AM »
Listen. Being from Cleveland, if Lebron would have won a title in Cleveland, he would have been elevated to GOD like status. The Cavs COULD have won a title, but Lebron QUIT on the Cavs and Cleveland. He faked an injury his last year in Cleveland. Dan Gilbert bent over backwards for that bastard and let his friends and mother have full control of the city.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2012, 06:08:19 AM »
I'm from akron.  Cleveland sucks.  ohio is dirty and cold and slushy and broke.  Yes, lebron would have been a god up there had he won.  But he just wanted a fresh start.  I also moved from OH to FL and like it way better here. 

MJ was about the same age as LJ when he won his first ring, I think?  LJ skipped college.  So when all is said and done, given modern medicine and the fact he has that first ring... we could see lebron get 3-4 rings before all is said and done.

the trainer

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2012, 06:12:57 AM »
Micheal Jordan is the greatest of all time fuck lebron.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2012, 06:17:02 AM »
Nike and the NBA want to hype him up as such--it seems that Kobe is seen as a villian, one that apparently is a loner and doesn't have the charisma nor the "image" that today's society is about...the image is fake, and like most of today's society, the image is better than the reality.
Kobe is closer to a today's version of Jordan, and Lebron must surpass Kobe in order to be compared to Jordan. So, I guess logic would dictate, how does Lebron compare to Kobe?

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2012, 06:26:14 AM »
Nike and the NBA want to hype him up as such--it seems that Kobe is seen as a villian, one that apparently is a loner and doesn't have the charisma nor the "image" that today's society is about...the image is fake, and like most of today's society, the image is better than the reality.
Kobe is closer to a today's version of Jordan, and Lebron must surpass Kobe in order to be compared to Jordan. So, I guess logic would dictate, how does Lebron compare to Kobe?

Ole GetBig Friend, that doesn't sell LBullShit23 for Nike.

Air  8)

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2012, 06:31:27 AM »
The eye test doesnt lie, only takes a few minutes of watching both to realise jordan is the far superior player.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2012, 06:38:18 AM »
Ole GetBig Friend, that doesn't sell LBullShit23 for Nike.

Air  8)
If anything, Nike has created a undefeatable monster, a franchise/ marketing/label that cannot be slain. Jordan The Immortal. Think the Charles Barley cartoons, and just put Barkley in it instead of Jordan.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2012, 06:41:20 AM »
If anything, Nike has created a undefeatable monster, a franchise/ marketing/label that cannot be slain. Jordan The Immortal. Think the Charles Barley cartoons, and just put Barkley in it instead of Jordan.

Agreed but even the immortals can go down.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2012, 06:50:21 AM »
Agreed but even the immortals can go down.

I hated that scene---they made the Gods look weak (I guess that's what happens when people stop praying to you, you lose your power), and the Titans as a bunch of no names---just a collection of beings, when in fact many of the Titans had special powers and weren't just a collection of thugs.

But, I don't really think anyone will really slay Jordan the Immortal, just like no one will really slay Arnold The Immortal. In Bbing terms, possibly, but for a bber to transcend bbing and become almost a godlike individual, never.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2012, 08:33:44 AM »
Listen. Being from Cleveland, if Lebron would have won a title in Cleveland, he would have been elevated to GOD like status. The Cavs COULD have won a title, but Lebron QUIT on the Cavs and Cleveland. He faked an injury his last year in Cleveland. Dan Gilbert bent over backwards for that bastard and let his friends and mother have full control of the city.
Yeah and look at the team Dan Gilbert surrounded him with, and he still took them to the finals! Dan Gilbert is a classless piece of shit!

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2012, 10:04:35 AM »
Yeah and look at the team Dan Gilbert surrounded him with, and he still took them to the finals! Dan Gilbert is a classless piece of shit!

That team won 60 games! They were one piece away from a title! Dan Gilbert did what he could. Le-Quit has no heart

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2012, 11:14:36 AM »
That team won 60 games! They were one piece away from a title! Dan Gilbert did what he could. Le-Quit has no heart
Yo, Mike spoken like a scorned Cleveland fan! 

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2012, 11:19:59 AM »
[ Invalid YouTube link ]