Author Topic: Ryan: Stimulus package needed for business growth  (Read 3907 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Ryan: Stimulus package needed for business growth
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2012, 11:44:13 AM »
fyi - that video is of Ryan begging people to vote for Bush's stimulus ...not Obama's

I know that. The point is you're foolishly attempting to use this video to justify Obama's stimulus by using Ryan's video and, in the process, claim that Ryan's opposition to Obama's stimulus (which has been proven to be a FAILURE) somehow makes him a hypocrite.

Obama's stimulus didn't work "just fine", as we have 43 straight months of 8% (or higher) unemployment to prove it. Nice try.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2012, 11:45:00 AM »
I wonder why he changed his tune when Obama took office.  Typicaly partisan politics? 

I can imagine when Romney delivers a stimulus - He'd call it "industry boost" or something - Ryan will be selling it with a smile.

What was Obama's stimulus advertised to do again?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2012, 11:47:00 AM »
What was Obama's stimulus advertised to do again?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2012, 11:55:57 AM »
I know that. The point is you're foolishly attempting to use this video to justify Obama's stimulus by using Ryan's video and, in the process, claim that Ryan's opposition to Obama's stimulus (which has been proven to be a FAILURE) somehow makes him a hypocrite.

Obama's stimulus didn't work "just fine", as we have 43 straight months of 8% (or higher) unemployment to prove it. Nice try.

Where did I say this video justifies Obama's stimulus ?

I posted it to point that Ryan, like all Repubs are in favor of certain things when their guy is in office and totally opposed to those same things when the Dems are in office.  

In other words - Party before Country

Since Obama's stimulus was almost 40% tax cuts I guess we can conclude that tax cuts do not stimulate the economy

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2012, 11:56:57 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2012, 11:57:47 AM »
when was that chart created?

It was the chart put out by Obama and Romer to justify the Stim Bill. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2012, 12:00:20 PM »
It was the chart put out by Obama and Romer to justify the Stim Bill. 

so within a month of getting into office?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2012, 12:01:49 PM »
so within a month of getting into office?

Who cares when they created it?  It just shows how utterly wrong they were.   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2012, 12:02:22 PM »
Who cares when they created it?  It just shows how utterly wrong they were.   

so within a month or so of being in office?

yes or no?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2012, 12:05:30 PM »
so within a month or so of being in office?

yes or no?

No - Obama took a lot of this shit from his corrupt friend John Podesta that had this shit in the works for awhile. 

I know you are generally the least informed person on this board, but fuck man - do some reading for gods sake. 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2012, 12:07:19 PM »
Where did I say this video justifies Obama's stimulus ?

I posted it to point that Ryan, like all Repubs are in favor of certain things when their guy is in office and totally opposed to those same things when the Dems are in office.  

In other words - Party before Country

Just like Obama - in other words

Since Obama's stimulus was almost 40% tax cuts I guess we can conclude that tax cuts do not stimulate the economy

Ryan was in favor of an 800 billion stimulus in 2002?

This is why ThinkProgress and MSNBC are certified jokes. Trying to use Ryan's words against him, ultimately to defend Obama's stimulus, is downright laughable. Please remind me what unemployment was back in the early 2000 and what it is now.

BTW, what happened during the 2002 midterms vs the 2010 midterms, if we're comparing advocacy for stimuli?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2012, 12:32:37 PM »
No - Obama took a lot of this shit from his corrupt friend John Podesta that had this shit in the works for awhile. 

I know you are generally the least informed person on this board, but fuck man - do some reading for gods sake. 

so no, this chart was not created with a month or so of getting into office but somehow it was created as a sale pitch for the stimulus plan......which was passed on February 17th 2009

And you're aware of course that we didn't even have the correct #'s on how much GDP had fallen at that time until about 18 months after Obama was in office

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2012, 12:37:23 PM »
Just like Obama - in other words

no, just like virtually every other Republican

Voting in direct opposition to their previously held beliefs is solely a characteristic of the modern day Republican party.

I'm if Romney get's elected and decides we need another stimulus that suddenly all Repubs will once again get on board

Ryan was in favor of an 800 billion stimulus in 2002?

This is why ThinkProgress and MSNBC are certified jokes. Trying to use Ryan's words against him, ultimately to defend Obama's stimulus, is downright laughable. Please remind me what unemployment was back in the early 2000 and what it is now.

BTW, what happened during the 2002 midterms vs the 2010 midterms, if we're comparing advocacy for stimuli?

Ryan called fiscal stimulus - extending unumployment, helping people with insurance coverage and actually just mailing people checks,  "time tested and proven to work"

when Obama came to office and the problems were MUCH worse all of a sudden these time tested and proven things were "wasteful spending".    He didn't say he was in favor of them but it was just too much money.   He said they didn't work

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2012, 12:56:03 PM »
no, just like virtually every other Republican

Voting in direct opposition to their previously held beliefs is solely a characteristic of the modern day Republican party.

As opposed to Obama, staring pastor Rick Warren dead in the face, claiming he believes marriage is between a man and a woman; four years later, he tells Robin Roberts, he favors gay "marriage". Apparently, the Dems didn't get the memo that such was just a GOP thing (BTW, how many of those Dems who now support gay "marriage", voted for the Defense of Marriage Act again?).

I'm if Romney get's elected and decides we need another stimulus that suddenly all Repubs will once again get on board

Ryan called fiscal stimulus - extending unumployment, helping people with insurance coverage and actually just mailing people checks,  "time tested and proven to work"

when Obama came to office and the problems were MUCH worse all of a sudden these time tested and proven things were "wasteful spending".    He didn't say he was in favor of them but it was just too much money.   He said they didn't work

And, Team Obama JUST PROVED it didn't work. How long has unemployment been at least 8% (the very level to which Obama said it would NEVER exceed)?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2012, 01:00:19 PM »
wasn't TARP a stimulus bill too?  Or did TARP more of a rescue and stim more of a help for firms not yet in trouble?

repubs only support taxpayer handouts some of the time?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2012, 02:39:17 PM »
As opposed to Obama, staring pastor Rick Warren dead in the face, claiming he believes marriage is between a man and a woman; four years later, he tells Robin Roberts, he favors gay "marriage". Apparently, the Dems didn't get the memo that such was just a GOP thing (BTW, how many of those Dems who now support gay "marriage", voted for the Defense of Marriage Act again?).

and unlike Romney (and Ryan for that matter) Obama explained exactly why he had a change of heart on this position

that's all I'd like to hear from Romney and Ryan is why they changed their minds

And, Team Obama JUST PROVED it didn't work. How long has unemployment been at least 8% (the very level to which Obama said it would NEVER exceed)?

not meeting a projection (especially when post creation it was shown to have been based on incomplete data) is not a big suprise and in fact is the expected outcome. 

projecation are just that -projections. They are never 100% right and rarely even close.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2012, 02:52:41 PM »
and unlike Romney (and Ryan for that matter) Obama explained exactly why he had a change of heart on this position

that's all I'd like to hear from Romney and Ryan is why they changed their minds

We know why Obama had his change of heart: Political expeidency. The coffers were low and the gays were going to take their dollars and walk. Not to mention, the polls weren't looking that good for him. He thinks it's safe to support gay "marriage" and is banking that black voters will still lockstep for him in large numbers.

not meeting a projection (especially when post creation it was shown to have been based on incomplete data) is not a big suprise and in fact is the expected outcome. 

projecation are just that -projections. They are never 100% right and rarely even close.

Now, you're trying to pretend that you knew and expected Obama's stimulus to fail? This is too comical.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2012, 06:45:09 AM »

:o

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2012, 09:31:06 AM »
We know why Obama had his change of heart: Political expeidency. The coffers were low and the gays were going to take their dollars and walk. Not to mention, the polls weren't looking that good for him. He thinks it's safe to support gay "marriage" and is banking that black voters will still lockstep for him in large numbers.

Now, you're trying to pretend that you knew and expected Obama's stimulus to fail? This is too comical

I never said that

I think what I said is very clear

projections are never perfect and rarely even close

I don't think the stimulus failed and I draw that conclusion from the long list of Republicans who begged for money and said it was succesful in saving and creating jobs and stimulationg their local economies