Author Topic: Rare legendary Ronnie Coleman pics  (Read 149244 times)

Immortal_Technique

• Getbig IV
  • "It's all a bunch of shit, I say fuck it" - DF
Re: Rare legendary Ronnie Coleman pics
« Reply #400 on: September 02, 2012, 12:04:36 PM »
So many backstage or studio pics being used btw, I don't think everyone knows how bodybuilding is judged.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #401 on: September 02, 2012, 12:09:27 PM »
So many backstage or studio pics being used btw, I don't think everyone knows how bodybuilding is judged.

esp ND

he can't even back up his argument with pics and videos, the visuals are the basis for this entire sport.

when they show something other than what he is saying, he doesn't know what to do, and randomly copies and pastes vast amounts of verbal bullshit to cover his incorrect assertions.
Flower Boy Ran Away

Metabolic

• Getbig IV
  • Team I Fucked Her Face
« Reply #402 on: September 02, 2012, 12:09:58 PM »
One is a shitty Youtube screencap at 240p the other is a DVD screepcap of much higher quality and you're scratching your head wonder how someone can say Dorian had better conditioning based off of that?

You think for a moment that's accurate representation of reality? gee the fanboy force is strong with you  ::)

What did Kevin Horton just say about comparing pics? you don't see that because it doesn't fit into your preconceived notion

Dorian's conditioning is eons better than Ronnie's was you will never escape this , but what do you know? you think density/hardness is a made-up term  ::)

Peter McGough

While I’m on record as saying that the best physique I ever saw was Ronnie’s at the 2001 Arnold, he was never drier or harder than Dorian. In fact now that – 14 years after it happened – I recently for the first time saw the video of Dorian posing before the 1993 Olympia I have cause to rethink. I’m now not sure that Ronnie at 245 pounds would beat Dorian at 269 pounds. At a bigger bodyweight I think Ronnie would look soft next to an in-shape rock-hard Dorian.

On the subject of conditioning, no-one did it better than Dorian. He achieved a hardness and dryness (without losing fullness) that nobody has ever matched. In the flesh he looked even harder than he did in photos. It was like a statue made of granite was standing in front of you.

Ronnie's conditioning does NOT compare to Dorian never have , never will , he may have come close in 98/01 but he wasn't on the same level it's not open for debate , discussion , it's a fact

The fact that you think that the word "hardness" used in this context MEANS ANYTHING AT ALL makes me laugh in real life, like, I laugh everytime, you a fucking fanboy, use it to defend your man crush.  You know jack shit about biology and barely enough to repeat the same three ideas to defend Dorian.

But I still like you, your relentless efforts to defend and redeem Dorian are quite amusing.

ps: dont play que quote game with me, I already told you I do not give any fucks for who said what, I do not like ad baculum fallacies.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #403 on: September 02, 2012, 12:10:57 PM »
 8)
Flower Boy Ran Away

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #404 on: September 02, 2012, 12:12:00 PM »
The fact that you think that the word "hardness" used in this context MEANS ANYTHING AT ALL makes me laugh in real life, like, I laugh everytime, you a fucking fanboy, use it to defend your man crush.  You know jack shit about biology and barely enough to repeat the same three ideas to defend Dorian.

But I still like you, your relentless efforts to defend and redeem Dorian are quite amusing.

ps: dont play que quote game with me, I already told you I do not give any fucks for who said what, I do not like ad baculum fallacies.

lmao

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
  • http://i.imgur.com/mCzI3N5.jpg
« Reply #405 on: September 02, 2012, 12:20:56 PM »
Carry on discussing this new topic...

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
  • www.LegendsOfBodybuilding.com
« Reply #406 on: September 02, 2012, 12:24:05 PM »
Are you guys seriously going to post bad pics of each bodybuilder and compare them over and over? Post the best pics.

Dorian's rear relaxed was great, but he never had a striated christmas tree, ripped hams & striated glutes like Ronnie did.

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #407 on: September 02, 2012, 12:44:10 PM »
So BB is actually a competition about who looks worst relaxed backstage?

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #408 on: September 02, 2012, 01:28:11 PM »
Are you guys seriously going to post bad pics of each bodybuilder and compare them over and over? Post the best pics.

Dorian's rear relaxed was great, but he never had a striated christmas tree, ripped hams & striated glutes like Ronnie did.

That was actually a point about how useless it is trying to compare the two like Kevin Horton said previously , I was just doing the same to show how it can work both ways.

So Ronnie has a better rear relaxed because of this?  ??? forget the fact that his conditioning is inferior  his calves are nonexistent his quads are oversized and make them look even smaller , and his glutes are big they stick out past his hips. Dorian had an infinitely better x-mass tree , he has great hams and striated glutes just because they don't show up in this pose he's not better? 

You fall into the same trap of picking what you think wins and claiming a half-ass victory it's not how it works.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #409 on: September 02, 2012, 01:33:17 PM »
So BB is actually a competition about who looks worst relaxed backstage?

Sadly this is on-stage  :-\

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #410 on: September 02, 2012, 01:36:30 PM »
esp ND

he can't even back up his argument with pics and videos, the visuals are the basis for this entire sport.

when they show something other than what he is saying, he doesn't know what to do, and randomly copies and pastes vast amounts of verbal bullshit to cover his incorrect assertions.

Especially Hulkster who said Ronnie was overlooked in 98 in the first round by being compared NINE times lol and then posts pics from the second round to prove it LMMFAO

doriancutlerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #411 on: September 02, 2012, 01:52:52 PM »
No offense to the main fellas who debate the topic, but I really, really wish Ronnie v. Dorian comparisons could be banned for a lengthy period -- say, at least one year.  Both were great bodybuilders.  I think at their respective bests I think it would be a very close contest; I could easily see 50/50 depending on which in-shape Dorian you decided to compare to whatever impressive rendition of Ronnie you chose. 

That sounds like fence-sitting chickenshitedness, but it's sure as hell closer to the mark than the morons who go on endlessly about Paul Dillet "destroying" Yates from the front, Nassoil the "uncrowned Mr. Olympia" and some such nonsense.

RocketSwitch625

• Getbig IV
  • Women fall all over me and Pumpster is FUGLY.
« Reply #412 on: September 02, 2012, 02:08:40 PM »

I like the way the skin folds on Coleman's lower back have over time become a striated Christmas tree in the rear relaxed pose. LOL

Frank Clairmonte

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM KAI GREENE #BELIEVE
« Reply #413 on: September 02, 2012, 02:16:29 PM »

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #414 on: September 02, 2012, 02:19:28 PM »
Dorian himself admitted that a prime Ronnie would beat him ;)

"In a show where everyone looked phenomenal, he was head and shoulders above them all...I could never dream of achieving that physique" Dorian Yates @ 1999 British Grand Prix

POTA

« Reply #415 on: September 02, 2012, 02:20:52 PM »
8)

Poor Kevin is even making Nasser's terrible back look decent there.

Frank Clairmonte

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM KAI GREENE #BELIEVE
« Reply #416 on: September 02, 2012, 02:22:03 PM »
show me better picture of yates FROM STAGE.

;D

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
« Reply #417 on: September 02, 2012, 02:33:54 PM »
Dorian himself admitted that a prime Ronnie would beat him ;)

"In a show where everyone looked phenomenal, he was head and shoulders above them all...I could never dream of achieving that physique" Dorian Yates @ 1999 British Grand Prix

Where is that quoted from?

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #418 on: September 02, 2012, 02:35:35 PM »
Dorian could never match this combination of size, definition, symmetry, and fullness

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #420 on: September 02, 2012, 02:41:49 PM »
Dorian could never match this combination of size, definition, symmetry, and fullness
pisses all over dorian....
if ronnie was white i wonder what ND et tal would say
choice is an illusion

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #421 on: September 02, 2012, 02:47:18 PM »
what the experts are saying

Team Flex - http://www.flexonline.com/training/49

"We've said before that the 245 pounds or so physique with which [Ronnie Coleman] won the 2001 Arnold Schwarzenegger Classic is the best ever - unbeatable."

Lonnie Teper - MD, December 2005

"I've always said that it's too hard to compare athletes of different eras (then he names a few Mr. Olympias including Dorian). Still, it's hard to imagine that anybody who's ever stepped on a bodybuilding stage could have beaten Coleman. So I reserve the right to change my mind on this one. No offense to the rest of the champs - you were/are all truly amazing physique athletes - but Coleman has really taken it to the next level, as all magnificent conquerors do."

Shawn Perine - http://www.flexonline.com/news/contests/top-5-arnold-classic-physiques

"Of his eight Olympia and overall 26 IFBB professional wins, Ronnie Coleman has established himself as arguably the greatest bodybuilder of all times, and this is the version of his physique is the one most experts point to as being his best. Standing 5'11" and weighing 247 pounds, Coleman was hyper-muscular, tight, dry and still retained the lines (wasp waist and all) of his amateur days. From head to toe, back to front, he astounded judges, audience and fellow competitors alike. The 2001 AC Coleman was a physique for the ages."

Greg Merritt - Flex, April 2009

"I submit that the Ronnie Coleman version 2.0 we saw in four contests from the '98 Olympia to the '01 Arnold (weighing between 244 and 264) is the best combination of size, shape and striations in the history of bodybuilding."

Jim Stoppani - Flex, July 2005

"Has anyone ever displayed a more muscular, more shredded, higher-quality physique than a 247-pound Ronnie Coleman at the 2001 Arnold Schwarzenegger Classic?"

Chris Lund (Paraphrased by Milos Sarcev) - European Flex, April 2004

"Chris Lund who I consider to be a great expert in our sport of bodybuilding, told me that Ronnie is simply the best bodybuilder he has ever seen, or photographed, and he has seen everybody, during the last 35 years."

Raymond Cassar - Muscletime Editor and Photographer

"There is no one alive that can beat Ronnie Coleman when he is at his best - No One! (and his best for me was when he won the 2001 Arnold Classic)"

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
« Reply #422 on: September 02, 2012, 02:58:59 PM »

So Ronnie has a better rear relaxed because of this???? forget the fact that his conditioning is inferior. Dorian had an infinitely better x-mass tree , he has great hams and striated glutes just because they don't show up in this pose he's not better?  

You fall into the same trap of picking what you think wins and claiming a half-ass victory it's not how it works.

Ronnie has inferior conditioning? LOL

If what you say is true ^^^^^^^^^^^^ post pics of Dorian in the REAR RELAXED with better striated christmas tree, striated glutes and ripped hams. If you can do this I will gladly admit Dorian has the better rear relaxed.

In the mean time, here is Ronnie sporting all three I mentioned above.

Good luck finding those Dorian pics   :)

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #423 on: September 02, 2012, 03:01:14 PM »
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #424 on: September 02, 2012, 03:06:26 PM »
Ronnie has inferior conditioning? LOL

If what you say is true ^^^^^^^^^^^^ post pics of Dorian in the REAR RELAXED with better striated christmas tree, striated glutes and ripped hams. If you can do this I will gladly admit Dorian has the better rear relaxed.

In the mean time, here is Ronnie sporting all three I mentioned above.

Good luck finding those Dorian pics   :)

not going to happen. other than his lower back and abs (but then the waist is huge), no part of dorian was drier than ronnie.
Flower Boy Ran Away