Author Topic: UFC 151 - Cancelled! Machida was offered Jones. Said no. Chael offered Jones  (Read 14240 times)

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
Yep, and Dana thought he was going to say "yes", again....

Well of course he did because a promise is a promise. A reminder; Jones said "The UFC asks me to do anything and I always do it" - he's suggesting he's loyal, and he didn't keep his word. So I guess that makes him a liar. He was offered an extremely easy fight - a guy 20 lbs lighter than him that has never won a belt - of course Dana White is going to assume it won't be a problem.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
Well of course he did because a promise is a promise. A reminder; Jones said "The UFC asks me to do anything and I always do it" - he's suggesting he's loyal, and he didn't keep his word. So I guess that makes him a liar. He was offered an extremely easy fight - a guy 20 lbs lighter than him that has never won a belt - of course Dana White is going to assume it won't be a problem.
Precisely so and the fucker said no, what a little selfish bitch.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
He's a delusional and entitled brat!

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Did you not hear Dana he is the first asshole  to fuck the whole UFC card up, the first one at of the whole time UFC has been around, what 1993? 20 fucken years.  The person in the main event are relied upon to carry the responsibility over the whole event that is why no one would say no to a replacement  and everyone knows the replacement would be watered down, in this case Chael who has not been training sense his last fight and is in a lower category, how much more of a win on a silver platter can you give this asshole Jons.

Nice theory there Parker ya everyone always says yes, everyone always opens the doors to someone dying on there doorstep but ya you are right there is always a first time some fucken asshole doesn't.

He has the right to say "no"...to always assume or expect a "yes", is completely idiotic, and speaks volumes of how that person thinks of the other...

You can't compare someone dying on the front steps to this, that is hyperbole of the highest order.
Loyalty doesn't mean you take advantage or assume someone will always say yes.
And you know what happens to very "loyal" people in today's corporate culture? They get a "thank you" with their pink slip.

I respect a man to stand by his word, and i respect a man's ability to say "no", win, lose or draw when it comes down to it, a decision was made...just like Dana has made decisions and people have called him an a-hole, and he kept it moving, correct?

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
Of course he has the right to say no just like the guy that slams the door on that dying person on his porch. Do you have any idea what was on the line here, 15 other fighters that are struggling with finances, brother people almost die for this shit. Some of these guys put it all on the line for this event. The UFC has over 200 imployees, millions of dollars cause there has been an unwritten rule for 20 years that a fighter with the responsibility to carry the main event doesn't shut them down at the last minute.

You make me laugh at "he has the right to say no" FFS is that the fucken point, really?'''

I have the right to not show up at my Moms funeral, I have the right to ditch my 2 children and never see them again, even though they go crazy without me for a single day.

I have the right to fire my roofers and close shop even though some of them  rely on weekly pay cheque to get by.

Of course he can say no, but that is precisely what makes him a fucken selfish low-life scum.

Parker

• Getbig V
Of course he has the right to say no just like the guy that slams the door on that dying person on his porch. Do you have any idea what was on the line here, 15 other fighters that are struggling with finances, brother people almost die for this shit. Some of these guys put it all on the line for this event. The UFC has over 200 imployees, millions of dollars cause there has been an unwritten rule for 20 years that a fighter with the responsibility to carry the main event doesn't shut them down at the last minute.

You make me laugh at "he has the right to say no" FFS is that the fucken point, really?'''

I have the right to not show up at my Moms funeral, I have the right to ditch my 2 children and never see them again, even though they go crazy without me for a single day.

I have the right to fire my roofers and close shop even though some of them  rely on weekly pay cheque to get by.

Of course he can say no, but that is precisely what makes him a fucken selfish low-life scum.

People make choices, and if they choose to go into said profession, then that is their choice, just like bbing. And look at the idiots who chose to do G4P, when they could have a full time job or go to school and still compete.

None of that is written in stone, because Dana is another version of Manion.
And, I hope there are more people who say 'no"...basically, when people have this "jump when I say so", and then try to make you feel guilty of it, I think that is worse.

And so what if he lost, what if he got hurt? Then what? then people would say, "well you shouldn't have taken the fight at the last minute."---and the said people who  work for the UFC got paid, and walk away.or
Sonnen is no slouch, and has nothing to lose. A win against him is not gauranteed, nothing is.

The examples you gave: Funeral, closing the door, can be moral decisions. How was your relationship with your mother?  Etc, etc.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
People make choices, and if they choose to go into said profession, then that is their choice, just like bbing. And look at the idiots who chose to do G4P, when they could have a full time job or go to school and still compete.

None of that is written in stone, because Dana is another version of Manion.
And, I hope there are more people who say 'no"...basically, when people have this "jump when I say so", and then try to make you feel guilty of it, I think that is worse.

And so what if he lost, what if he got hurt? Then what? then people would say, "well you shouldn't have taken the fight at the last minute."---and the said people who  work for the UFC got paid, and walk away.or
Sonnen is no slouch, and has nothing to lose. A win against him is not gauranteed, nothing is.

The examples you gave: Funeral, closing the door, can be moral decisions. How was your relationship with your mother?  Etc, etc.
I personally know a woman who was abused by her husband, and one day shot him, and then during the funeral showed up and spit on his grave, in front of his family. Was she wrong, morally?
Nice example, I see you completely missed my point  ???  oh well.

Parker

• Getbig V
Nice example, I see you completely missed my point  ???  oh well.
Why did you think I deleted it...it had nothing to do with the situation...
It's not so much as the right to say "no", it's the expectation that said person will say "yes" and always say yes...."Good boy, want a cookie?" type of mentality.

And i believe, relating that to bbing, is one of reasons why bbers get no respect from Manion, the supp companies, etc. And because they don't have insurance and aren't paid as well for the abusive that they CHOOSE to put their bodies thru.  Because they (the powers that be, and the supp companies) know that there are hungry ass bbers out there who will always do as their told, take it up the tailpipe, and accept crumbs. And if you say "no", they say, "think about the fans, and the people who put the show together...DO YOU want to be RESPONSIBLE for THEM not GETTING PAID?"  

monkeybusiness

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!

I have the right to fire my roofers and close shop even though some of them  rely on weekly pay cheque to get by.

well written, of course he can refuse the fight but man up and fight, if you are the champ then you defend your belt.
jones should not question his opponent as dana and the UFC are going to make sure its a popular match

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Lyoto Machida...a man who drinks his own pee...has turned down the 9/22 fight with Jones.  Vitor Belfort will move up from 185 to take the bout.

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
Jones would beat Chael, no problem to big to strong, he knows it, but he doesnt want to give the big mouth white boy a payday, thats it simple and thats why Dana is so pissed, Jones ego ruined the card, plain and simple, he thinks hes bigger than the sport, he should have taken the fight and given him a beating, but hes doing a Mayweather, but this aint boxing hopefully Dana lowers his purses bigtime, outside the UFC he could earn peanuts, hes hurt his financial future thats for sure.   

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
"Mixed Martial Arts"  ::)

Rhomboids

• Getbig III
Dan Henderson injured, Machida was offered Jones. Said no. Chael offered Jones. Accepted. Jones declined. UFC 151 cancelled.

http://mmajunkie.com/misc/radio.mma

https://twitter.com/#!/search/?q=FrontRowBrian+%E2%80%8F%40FrontRowBrian&src=typd

It's the news on one wants to hear just a week away from UFC 151, but Dan Henderson has been forced to withdraw from his main event challenge of champion Jon Jones. UFC president Dana White made the announcement on Thursday that Henderson would be unable to compete next weekend in his bid to win the UFC light heavyweight title. After several unsuccessful attempts secure a new opponent for Jones, the UFC unfortunately made the unprecedented move of canceling UFC 151 altogether.

“This is probably one of my all time lows as being president of the UFC,” said White. “For the first time in 11 years, we’re going to cancel an event. Dan Henderson has a partial tear in his MCL (and could not continue).” White said that one man, Chael Sonnen, agreed to take the fight, but Jones said he would not fight Sonnen on eight days notice. “This fight is cancelled. It will be Jon Jones vs. Lyoto Machida on Sept. 22 in Toronto on the UFC 152 Canada card,” White stated, clearly distraught by having to pull the plug on an event little more than a week out.

This marks the first time in UFC history that the promotion has cancelled an event so close to fight time.

News that Machida turn down the fight only was revealed last night, ~1am EST.  How the fuck did you knows this so early? or just typo that turned out to be truth?

Twaddle

• Getbig V
Call me a conspiracy theororist, but i'm beggining to think UFC 151 was cancelled intentionally just to make 152 the most anticipated card ever.  Think about it.  Why in the fuck would White cancel 151 only to lose a "shit load" of money as he put it?  Maybe, because the card was a flop?  UFC is losing viewers more and more every month.  The 151 card sucked, they probably weren't getting the numbers they were expecting.  UFC is stale right now.  They don't have anyone new, exciting, etc.  They keep bringing back the same fighters who are washed up, and continually get their asses handed to them (Shogun, Tito, etc.). 

So I go to Yahoo this morning, and what do I see?  UFC star now most hated man in MMA.  Dana White just created the most hated man in MMA.  Now, 152 will sell out in record time, and will probably have one of the largest PPV ever.  Are you really telling me White couldn't have put together a decent main event for 151, and kept it going?  Seriously?  He could have had brought in Kimbo vs Roy Nelson, and people would have watched it.  Why cancel 151?  So you can create "the most hated MMA fighter ever", and make 152 one of the most viewed MMA events ever.

UFC is getting as bad as fucking WWF.   ::)

irishdave

• Getbig V
  • It ain’t over ‘TIL it’s over
I never liked Jones. There's something really off about him. He's a pretend nice guy, trying too hard but he's a true douche behind it. Like Anderson Silva. I'm sorry to say, an honourable and humble black man is a hard thing to find.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
Call me a conspiracy theororist, but i'm beggining to think UFC 151 was cancelled intentionally just to make 152 the most anticipated card ever.  Think about it.  Why in the fuck would White cancel 151 only to lose a "shit load" of money as he put it?  Maybe, because the card was a flop?  UFC is losing viewers more and more every month.  The 151 card sucked, they probably weren't getting the numbers they were expecting.  UFC is stale right now.  They don't have anyone new, exciting, etc.  They keep bringing back the same fighters who are washed up, and continually get their asses handed to them (Shogun, Tito, etc.). 

So I go to Yahoo this morning, and what do I see?  UFC star now most hated man in MMA.  Dana White just created the most hated man in MMA.  Now, 152 will sell out in record time, and will probably have one of the largest PPV ever.  Are you really telling me White couldn't have put together a decent main event for 151, and kept it going?  Seriously?  He could have had brought in Kimbo vs Roy Nelson, and people would have watched it.  Why cancel 151?  So you can create "the most hated MMA fighter ever", and make 152 one of the most viewed MMA events ever.

UFC is getting as bad as fucking WWF.   ::)

You're making some sense here. On top of that, Dana could have easily filled the spot with some other fighters. Anderson Silva told Dana he would fight(not against Jones) but Dana could have easily filled the spot. He choose not to and pin it all on Jones. Something doesn't smell right.

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
&feature=youtu.be[youtube]

coltrane

• Getbig IV
I actually met JJ at an event in a few years ago.   He's the farthest thing from cocky, etc.  Actually very humble and went out of his way to talk with fans, etc.

I don't get where all this negative bs is coming from. 

I also don't think he's a big pussy for not accepting a fight 9 days out.  Money talks you morons.  You think he wants to risk champion money after being dethroned in a possible loss from a 9 day notice fight?

Most of you posting on here are fucking delusional.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
I never liked Jones. There's something really off about him. He's a pretend nice guy, trying too hard but he's a true douche behind it. Like Anderson Silva. I'm sorry to say, an honourable and humble black man is a hard thing to find.

Shut your fuckin' face you pyschotic Mick...You know shit about black men.

Dreadlifter

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
I actually met JJ at an event in a few years ago.   He's the farthest thing from cocky, etc.  Actually very humble and went out of his way to talk with fans, etc.

I don't get where all this negative bs is coming from. 

I also don't think he's a big pussy for not accepting a fight 9 days out.  Money talks you morons.  You think he wants to risk champion money after being dethroned in a possible loss from a 9 day notice fight?

Most of you posting on here are fucking delusional.

A man can change a lot in a few years, especially when success and money are involved. I liked JOnes on his way up. Seemed like a good guy, but the higher he's flown the bigger is head's got.

Part of me does feel Jones was entitled to turn down a bout with Chael. He signed up to fight Henderson and when that changed i'd imagine the agreement was voided. But as some have said he was already training to fight a bigger, possibly better wrestler with dangerous knockout power and Chael would likely have been an easier fight.

It would have been a win-win fight. Chael loss- his haters get to see him beaten again Jones fans get to see him fight , Jones loss- Jones haters get to see their dream come true.

Jones has done his image damage whether it was his choice or Greg Jackson's.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Even though Sonnen would have been a big underdog in this fight you gotta respect the fact that upon receiving the call he told Dana he would "Fly up to Las Vegas tonight and fight him if that's what he wanted." Love him or hate him Chael will step up to any challenge at the drop of a hat...gotta respect that gamesmanship.

irishdave

• Getbig V
Shut your fuckin' face you pyschotic Mick...You know shit about black men.

Hard to find a good black man, Denzel Washington maybe...maybe Obama (he's only a little bleck). You mad?

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Hard to find a good black man, Denzel Washington maybe...maybe Obama (he's only a little bleck). You mad?

No, you're a medicated psychotic fool.

irishdave

• Getbig V
No, you're a medicated psychotic fool.

I'm only yanking your chain. I thought it would be g_thang who took the bait, not you! All you do is talk about how you love white wimminz anyway just like all other blecks. You mad I pull crackers all the time but only the mudsharks go for you? You mad?