Author Topic: Dodgers / Sox trade  (Read 1793 times)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Dodgers / Sox trade
« on: August 24, 2012, 07:59:12 PM »
If the Dodgers acquire all three of Gonzalez, Beckett, AND Crawford, and take most of their salary, they are the most incompetent ownership I can remember.

This trade sounds made up it's so stupid.  In fact, I won't believe it's real, as reported, until it actually happens.

We shall see.
Y

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
Lol, I don't know, maybe the Dodgers think that a change in scenery will be a good thing.  Gonzalez will be very productive.  I don't know about Crawford or Beckett though.  Crawford was the worst waste of money ever.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Agree on Gonzalez.  I think he'll thrive there.

It's just that picking up Crawford and almost all of his horrible contract just seems so dumb to me.  If you have 20M to spend on an OF, why spend it on one who just got TJS and has stunk?  I don't get that.

They gave the sox a get out of jail free card.
Y

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Dodgers / Sox trade
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2012, 11:19:22 AM »
just upper level management giving booby v a vote of confidence. as far as the dodgers magic  :P :P :P :P :P :P  johnson really, really,REALLY. ;D ;D ;D ;D
F

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
Agree on Gonzalez.  I think he'll thrive there.

It's just that picking up Crawford and almost all of his horrible contract just seems so dumb to me.  If you have 20M to spend on an OF, why spend it on one who just got TJS and has stunk?  I don't get that.

They gave the sox a get out of jail free card.
Nah, the Dodgers seemed to really want Gonzalez.  It seems the only way the Red Sox were willing to do the deal, is if the Dodgers absorbed Beckett's and Crawford's contracts.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Nah, the Dodgers seemed to really want Gonzalez.  It seems the only way the Red Sox were willing to do the deal, is if the Dodgers absorbed Beckett's and Crawford's contracts.

I hear you, but, to me, if you absorb most of the contract, you get minor leaguers in return, or don't give much of anything in return.  The Dodgers didn't do that.  Gonzalez is elite, but not worth Beckett/Crawford.

A lot of Crawford's value is based on speed, and speed declines at his age.
Y