Author Topic: Rand Paul's Message to GOP Convention: AUDIT THE PENTAGON  (Read 1588 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Rand Paul's Message to GOP Convention: AUDIT THE PENTAGON
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2012, 08:56:01 PM »
so we all agree ?

now is the time to talk about the fact that FEMA is a waste of money ?

howardroark

• Getbig IV
  • Resident Objectivist & Autodidact
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2012, 09:02:56 PM »
so we all agree ?

Yup.

now is the time to talk about the fact that FEMA is a waste of money ?

Since you brought it up, yes.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2012, 09:06:12 PM »
Yup.

Since you brought it up, yes.

right on

I can't wait for Rands Speech

pro nitrousADRL

• Getbig III
  • put more nitrous on that, it still has spark plugs
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2012, 09:10:36 PM »
Every single part of the government should be audited, and at the end wipe it clean of waste, fraud, and hand out programs. One big swipe all at once!
down with hussein

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2012, 09:14:21 PM »
Every single part of the government should be audited, and at the end wipe it clean of waste, fraud, and hand out programs. One big swipe all at once!
How about we just kick out every politician, and start completely over, programs and all?

pro nitrousADRL

• Getbig III
  • put more nitrous on that, it still has spark plugs
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2012, 09:16:18 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
this
down with hussein

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2012, 10:40:54 PM »
Ron Paul's problem is that he's constantly dropping truth bombs. Rand Paul has a more polished approach - but that doesn't stop him from (willingly) getting into trouble from time to time:

Exactly!  Where most politicians would think to themselves "that's not a popular point to mention", Ron Paul says fuck it and gives you the cold hard, shitty ass truth.  :P

He would have gone further telling weak people want they want to hear though, and sugar coating.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2012, 01:33:31 AM »
So we all agree

If Rand has any balls he will talk about why FEMA is a total waste of money

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2012, 04:25:18 AM »
fema actually does some good things, guys.   When my trailer park got flooded bad during charley, they gave my little bro/sis a brand new free fema trailer for a year.  Top of the line everything.   In port charlotte, they had an actual 'fema city' with almost 1000 trailers off of I-75.  when katrina smashed new orleans, they got tens of thousands of ppl housed in TX.

If you don't have fema to respond to major events, who is going to do it?  Local resources stay home and worry about their own decimated pool/screen room - they don't care about joe local's demolished roof.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2012, 07:42:45 AM »
fema actually does some good things, guys.   When my trailer park got flooded bad during charley, they gave my little bro/sis a brand new free fema trailer for a year.  Top of the line everything.   In port charlotte, they had an actual 'fema city' with almost 1000 trailers off of I-75.  when katrina smashed new orleans, they got tens of thousands of ppl housed in TX.

If you don't have fema to respond to major events, who is going to do it?  Local resources stay home and worry about their own decimated pool/screen room - they don't care about joe local's demolished roof.

of course FEMA does some good things and if they didn't exist the disaster response would be left to the states or I guess volunteers (Isn't that Ron Pauls idea).    Rand doesn't have the balls to talk about FEMA while there is a hurricane raging outside.  Heck, Chris Christie was praising FEMA's response to Hurricane Irene just almost exactly one year ago.   

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2012, 06:20:35 PM »
Although this would never happen, there is SHIT TONS of waste to be dealt with with regards to defense spending.

Nah...this is just posturing.  The DOD is actually been mandated undergo AuditReadiness from the SecDef.  Soon, it will all be getting audited.  And it's no secret.  But all the issues that are always in play will still be in play.  Oh...you wanna get rid of that plane?  Well, that plane is made in my district so we need to keep it, etc. etc.

The politics aren't going anywhere, lol.

howardroark

• Getbig IV
  • Resident Objectivist & Autodidact
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2012, 09:18:30 PM »
of course FEMA does some good things and if they didn't exist the disaster response would be left to the states or I guess volunteers (Isn't that Ron Pauls idea).    Rand doesn't have the balls to talk about FEMA while there is a hurricane raging outside.  Heck, Chris Christie was praising FEMA's response to Hurricane Irene just almost exactly one year ago.   

Do you honestly think libertarians and conservatives walk around thinking about every alphabet soup gov't agency they'd like to abolish? Why would he mention some random government agency if he wasn't asked about it by a reporter? It goes without saying.

And BTW, FEMA is a textbook example of moral hazard.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2012, 08:38:22 AM »
Do you honestly think libertarians and conservatives walk around thinking about every alphabet soup gov't agency they'd like to abolish? Why would he mention some random government agency if he wasn't asked about it by a reporter? It goes without saying.

And BTW, FEMA is a textbook example of moral hazard.

Ron and (I'm pretty sure Rand) have specifically cited FEMA as an agency they would like to abolish

what better time to remind everyone of that then during a hurricane when any human being in the path of the storm might benefit from having such an agency

Like I said previously, if he had the balls he would do it

you on the other hand, think he is a "fucking badass" for getting up in front of a crowd of Republicans and whatever the heck teaaggers are and talk about auditing the Pentagon.    After that he'll probably continue the fucking badass tour by speaking to a group of 2nd graders and tell them all how much he likes ice cream and cake

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2012, 10:27:02 AM »
Ron and (I'm pretty sure Rand) have specifically cited FEMA as an agency they would like to abolish

what better time to remind everyone of that then during a hurricane when any human being in the path of the storm might benefit from having such an agency

Like I said previously, if he had the balls he would do it

you on the other hand, think he is a "fucking badass" for getting up in front of a crowd of Republicans and whatever the heck teaaggers are and talk about auditing the Pentagon.    After that he'll probably continue the fucking badass tour by speaking to a group of 2nd graders and tell them all how much he likes ice cream and cake

I didn't realize you were being sarcastic before!  ;D

We should abolish FEMA.

Ever heard of the Red Cross?