Author Topic: Do people actually think having a car makes sense.  (Read 10185 times)

MikMaq

Re: Do people actually think having a car makes sense.
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2012, 05:06:40 PM »
the real question is, do families need more than one car... to his ill answer NO. There s a right middle to be found between no car and 3 or 4 cars for a family.
Families and shit is different, or for old fucks that cant walk. Im talking about your average young folk that cant afford kids without some debt scheme.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2012, 05:08:34 PM »
If you live in a rural area then you have to have a car.  Cities always offer good public transport. 

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2012, 05:08:45 PM »
Seriously are people really that stupid to believe that the average american should have a car. Ive encountered alot of people lately that believe students should be allowed cars while possessing government backed student loans.

Am I missing something here, Id love for a coherent reason to own a car but I can find none other than status symbol.

To keep this bodybuilding related my primary concern is the fitness of the masses. ::)

Unless you live around a large metro area, you don't have access to public mass transit.
Cars allow us to travel freely as we wish . I just wish a viable electric car would come out.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2012, 06:09:17 PM »
The thread should be called,.... "I am broke, I can't afford a car"  ;)

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2012, 06:13:49 PM »
How do you pick up bitches for dates bro?

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2012, 06:23:35 PM »
lol, good point, haha he takes them out on the bus, woman would not even look at you if you don't own a car

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2012, 06:30:09 PM »
lol, good point, haha he takes them out on the bus, woman would not even look at you if you don't own a car
QFT

It's so much harder to kidnap a nice gal and bring her back to your place via public transportation after she's already had one too many "roofy cocktails". Just kills the moment when you are scrounging for pocket change to cover the bus fare IMO.

pluck

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2012, 06:47:41 PM »

If you have ever had the joy of driving a great RWD car like a  Porsche 911 then you would never ask the question. The feeling of a great handling car is a great feeling. Plus the fact that you can control it, it give you confidence.

End of thread. I have a 911 & I could write an essay how much fun even daily driving is.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2012, 06:50:20 PM »

LOL true ! or ...

" I ride my bike to get break and milk for my mom and get pissed off watching guys drive by with girls"

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2012, 08:19:53 PM »
Housewives who never leave a paved road picking up the kids from school in a V8 4WD Land Cruiser do kinda gimmie the shits.

99 Bananas

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2012, 08:35:53 PM »
I think it makes so much sense that I have one. "Let's deny ourselves luxury and looks down on those that don't."

Your loss fag got. I'd love to see you kickin rocks down the street because you're too dumb to drive. HAHAHAHAHAH

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2012, 09:22:17 PM »
Housewives who never leave a paved road picking up the kids from school in a V8 4WD Land Cruiser do kinda gimmie the shits.
because you need to haul trash to the dump

because 4 people need room

because SUV's are good at sporty driving

because you're a fucking Floridiot

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2012, 09:57:58 PM »
Owning a car makes zero sense--but, the nearest bus stop is 8 miles away and the nearest store is 5 miles away, so it makes "daily life" possible...which trumps sense.  Especially when you have to walk 8 miles to get on a bus that drives 20 more miles and drops you off 2 more miles from work.  You stop caring about sense when you have to leave for work at 9:30 pm...despite not actually getting home until 11pm. 

Possible > sensical
Y

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2012, 10:05:51 PM »
If anyone can live their life without the need of a car, then thumbs up to them. To a lot of American's, a car is a home away from home. A sanctuary if you will. More people in America get laid because of the kind of car they drive then anywhere else on the planet. Not owning a car is for the A-sexual type of humanoids.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2012, 10:17:35 PM »
it is called work. ::)

plus bitches love riding in cars. ;D

HS girls just care about going from point A to point B
college bitches you need to add A/C
real world bitches start caring about the Make. Got to get your paper up. ;D
A

MikMaq

« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2012, 10:37:13 PM »
I said aside from the status symbol part, if you know me at all, I aint gonna blow money on chicks before Im even interested. If chick is worth keeping, shes gonna have to respect my jewyness.

I think it makes so much sense that I have one. "Let's deny ourselves luxury and looks down on those that don't."

Your loss fag got. I'd love to see you kickin rocks down the street because you're too dumb to drive. HAHAHAHAHAH
Its called being good with money, something white folk dont seem to understand, anyhow enjoy watching your country turn into a 3rd world shit whole because your people cant balance a check book.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2012, 10:46:49 PM »
I said aside from the status simple part, if you know me at all, I aint gonna blow money on chicks before Im even interested. If chick is worth keeping, shes gonna have to respect my jewyness.
 Its called being good with money, something white folk dont seem to understand, anyhow enjoy watching your country turn into a 3rd world shit whole because your people cant balance a check book.

In all fairness, America was always an experiment anyways. When the Ggews took over, it was doomed from the start. I once talked to a doctor at a party about really obese people. He said most of them don't have the switch inside them to tell them they're full. It's shut off from some sort of emotional reason or some shit. He also stated, that the Ggew bloodline has the same problem with the shut off switch when it comes to money/wealth. And that it will be their demise like the fat person. The Romans also had it.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2012, 10:47:45 PM »

HAHA   ;D

MikMaq

« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2012, 10:48:47 PM »
HAHA   ;D
Yes because theres a surplus of students out there that are going through school debt free. ::)

littledumbells

• Getbig III
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2012, 06:08:08 AM »
  IT makes good sense if you do not live where there is good transit. In general where good transit is is also where the crime rates rise and also where the density of people rise. Neither is acceptable to me. I would NOT live in a large city, I'll visit but I wont live there.

In the end I think the OP is trying desperately to feel better about not being able to afford a vehicle. Take that shit up with Obama, I could care less

MikMaq

« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2012, 07:01:21 AM »
  IT makes good sense if you do not live where there is good transit. In general where good transit is is also where the crime rates rise and also where the density of people rise. Neither is acceptable to me. I would NOT live in a large city, I'll visit but I wont live there.

In the end I think the OP is trying desperately to feel better about not being able to afford a vehicle. Take that shit up with Obama, I could care less
So the best you got is living in a shit neighborhood, which is more of a if everyone else is doing it I should too. Herd behavior it does not me its a good option just a desperate option.

Ive lived in a town of just a few thousand and never needed a car there either, this is like those yuppies that have to goto the most expensive schools, they dont have to they choose too.

Anyhow I could care less about actually having a car, I see it as a way the poor chooses to stay poor instead of investing, this is why the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer, not knowing your place is never a good thing.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2012, 07:05:46 AM »
How does one pick up a hooker without a car  ???

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2012, 07:11:45 AM »
If you live and work/study in a large city cars tend to be more of a pain to maintain. Gotta put up with traffic, high gas prices, find parking all the time, usually higher insurance costs, and watch out for cops placed strategically where drivers make careless infractions. Living in buttfuck nowhere you don't really have an option.

DKlent

• Getbig III
« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2012, 09:45:50 AM »

Dumbass reasons, you can do everything you just mentioned putting a little bit more effort. However if you can really afford it then  buy it, a lot of people need a car anyway.

::)

It is less about "effort" than about cost and time effectiveness. Using a car saves me tons of time and money every month. And since time is money, and money is time, it works both ways.

DKlent

• Getbig III
« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2012, 09:49:41 AM »
First off I love cars a bigger factor in why I dont want a beater, is if Im driving it needs to be a descent car to be enjoyable.

And the social shit is total nonsense if I had to pay for insurance and gas, my going out budget would be destroyed, not only would I have to give up drinking, but Id have to find parking every time Im hanging with my friends. This is one of the main reasons why I didnt bother with a free car, insurance would be 200 a month( which would cover my liquor) , still would need cab fare when I drink, not to mention Id need a contingency fund for breakdowns.
 Id have no problem with people owning cars if they werent getting into debt to purchase them, but logically a large part of  the population cant afford a car in cash, which means they shouldnt have one in the first fucking place.

What are you? 15?  You have no real-world experience.

I agree, if someone can't afford a car they should not buy one but the idea that everyone should pay "cash" for everything is just blatantly absurd. The vast majority of people can't pay cash for cars (or homes) or much else. They "finance" these things where by they pay month to month for a period of time and then, after a while, own the car (or home) outright. This is how people do things in the modern world.
Clearly, many people over extend themselves and finance cars that they can never pay off or can not make payments on. In those cases, the cars get repossessed. But there are also many people who finance cars and make monthly payments and eventually own the car. They pay a nominal fee for financing it and they get to pay month to month, so it benefits both them and the financial institutions that they finance from.