Author Topic: Anyone see yard signs or bumper stickers anywhere?  (Read 691 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Anyone see yard signs or bumper stickers anywhere?
« on: October 01, 2012, 09:59:36 AM »
There is literally next to nothing in NYC lower Westchester area for either candidate down here.  A few scant 2012 stickers on some lib priuses but that is it! 

Strange - you would not even know an election was occuring in a month or so around here. 

No TV ads, no yard signs, no placards, no bumperstickers for either candidate. 

Very very very strange. 

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Re: Anyone see yard signs or bumper stickers anywhere?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 10:03:21 AM »
People are losing faith in their candidates and elections. I see it here as well. They're so disheartened with their choices that its almost sad.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 10:04:40 AM »
I see some local sheriff bumper stickers.   and lots of romney stickers in SW florida.  mccain won this area handily in 2008.  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 10:06:03 AM »
People are losing faith in their candidates and elections. I see it here as well. They're so disheartened with their choices that its almost sad.

I'm just remembering 2008 and it was wall to wall "HOPE", "CHANGE", "COUNTRY FIRST", signs and stickers all over.

Shit - even McCain had a ton more signage out there.   

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2012, 10:18:05 AM »
I've seen a bunch for Linda McMahon and also for someone running for probate judge (I think). Nothing for Obama or Romney.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2012, 10:19:20 AM »
I've seen a bunch for Linda McMahon and also for someone running for probate judge (I think). Nothing for Obama or Romney.

LOL!!!   I see more "Linda" stuff in Westchester County than I do Obama or Romney 

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2012, 10:20:37 AM »
LOL!!!   I see more "Linda" stuff in Westchester County than I do Obama or Romney 

It seems that McMahon has a real shot at winning (think she was leading in the last polls). Would be quite funny to see a Repub take a Senate seat in this liberal stronghold.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2012, 11:48:35 AM »
Because no one likes either candidate enough to stump their yard or ride for them.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2012, 12:55:38 AM »
Because no one likes either candidate enough to stump their yard or ride for them.

Truth.

One doesnt go the U.N meeting because he is busy but somehow make time to appear on the View.
He also claims he wants to clean up Wall Street by hiring Summers and Bernanke the people who were in charge when shit hit the fan.

The other doesnt know what foot to stand and he lies so much he doesnt know what he himself thinks anymore.

Purge_WTF

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2012, 07:27:27 AM »
Shock and Lurker are both right--people are finally starting to realize that it doesn't really matter anymore.

Now general political bumper stickers are another matter. I have five, including two that promote Ron Paul and the Constitution party, and another that says Fox News Sucks:P

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2012, 08:43:53 AM »
Update - RR signs popping up in Westchester County like crazy. 

Still nothing whatsover for either in NYC. 

I have yet to see one yard sign for Obama in the bronx.   Its friggin crazy compared to 2008. 

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2012, 09:08:09 AM »
There is literally next to nothing in NYC lower Westchester area for either candidate down here.  A few scant 2012 stickers on some lib priuses but that is it! 

Strange - you would not even know an election was occuring in a month or so around here. 

No TV ads, no yard signs, no placards, no bumperstickers for either candidate. 

Very very very strange. 

Yes, I see them everywhere, mostly for Romney/Ryan and also for our senate race - Tommy Thompson vs Baldwin, mostly in favor of Thompson (former governor).   Talk about someone who is left of left  :o look at Tammy Baldwin  :o  She is batshit crazy. 

My county is is predominately (R) although the state usually leans (D).  I suspect the "signage" would be vastly different in Dane county (Madison).
:

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2012, 09:40:34 AM »
I live in SE Michigan right next to the Ohio line.  The Romney/Ryan signs outnumber the OBama stuff. But there aren't a whole lot of either.  The guy two houses down put up like five Romney signs along the road so the gay men that live accross from him put up an Obama sign.   

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2012, 09:27:30 PM »

Voter fraud billboards that drew complaints of racism and intimidation will be taken down
Clear Channel Outdoor will remove 140 billboards across Ohio & WI that drew complaints of racism and intimidation with their message of "Voter fraud is a felony," the company said Saturday night. ::)

: