Author Topic: 2012 NFL Thread  (Read 48053 times)

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
Re: 2012 NFL Thread
« Reply #200 on: January 30, 2013, 07:58:52 PM »
lol.. Thats funny

Dude is a beast on the field.. had a lot of production. Not really a hitter but he does everything you want an ILB to do. He reads well, great instincts, very discipline when dropping in to coverage. Gets off of blocks well and makes sure tackles. Did he have a bad game vs Alabama...yes... but ive seen Ray Lewis stink it up before... just not that much. No one knows who will and wont be busts.

Its a crap shoot. But ill tell you, i think he has the work ethic and instincts to be a player.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #201 on: January 31, 2013, 04:16:23 PM »
Two issues.  The first is your claim that  the "only reason anybody knows who he is" is because of the fake girlfriend and his grandmother dying.  I just showed you how that's completely untrue.  That's why I referenced his awards, production, high school stuff, etc.  He has been one of the most talked about college football athletes since high school. 

The second is your claim that he isn't very good.  I'm not going to argue with that.  People can have different opinions about what they see.  If you've watched him play and think he's not very good, that's fine.  I happen to disagree.  So does pretty much everyone else who has watched him play.  But everyone is entitled to their opinion. 

I gave you his college stats already.  You obviously didn't read them if you're asking me how many tackles he had. 

Regarding whether he will be a good pro, that remains to be seen.  There are plenty of first round busts every year.  He could very well be one of them.  I doubt it, and I think he'll have a long career, but he could be a bust. 

He's a great kid.  I'll be rooting for him wherever he lands. 

he did not have all this national attention until the death of his grandma and "girlfriend", he made about 12 tackels against michigan the same day and espn jumped all over it

high school accolades mean shit, there's about 30 "5 star" players per year

the college awards also mean shit, they are given to high profile players on high profile teams, how many college awards did kaepernick win while putting up huge numbers?  NONE because he played at nevada

i don't care about his interceptions, an inside linebaclers job is to make tackles

if you watched the alabama game and still think he's a great player, that's your problem

he's a weird kid and the most overrated college player i've ever seen, i don't want him on my team

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #202 on: January 31, 2013, 04:18:37 PM »
lol.. Thats funny

Dude is a beast on the field.. had a lot of production. Not really a hitter but he does everything you want an ILB to do. He reads well, great instincts, very discipline when dropping in to coverage. Gets off of blocks well and makes sure tackles. Did he have a bad game vs Alabama...yes... but ive seen Ray Lewis stink it up before... just not that much. No one knows who will and wont be busts.

Its a crap shoot. But ill tell you, i think he has the work ethic and instincts to be a player.

he got owned by ryan turnley, a pitt guard that won't even be an nfl free agent

E
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #203 on: February 05, 2013, 10:51:06 AM »
lol.. Thats funny

Agree. 

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #204 on: February 08, 2013, 07:30:37 AM »
Bradshaw cut by the Giants.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #205 on: February 08, 2013, 09:12:16 AM »
Bradshaw cut by the Giants.

And Canty and Boley.

Cutting Bradshaw is a shock.  Welcome to the NFL, Mr. Wilson.
Y

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #206 on: February 21, 2013, 08:24:01 AM »
Colts cutting Freeny suprised me.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #207 on: February 25, 2013, 06:40:25 AM »
So,anyone pay attention to the combine?

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #208 on: February 25, 2013, 08:32:11 AM »
So,anyone pay attention to the combine?

NOPE.... lineman ran a 4.6....

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #209 on: February 25, 2013, 12:21:53 PM »
NOPE.... lineman ran a 4.6....

2 of them.

shoelace ran a 4.43 :)

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #210 on: February 27, 2013, 07:26:48 AM »
Badger dude from LSU only ran a 4.5 and 4 reps of 225lb.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #211 on: March 11, 2013, 04:59:25 PM »
 :o  I like it.  They essentially got him for free. 

Anquan Boldin traded to 49ers
Updated: March 11, 2013
ESPN.com

The Baltimore Ravens agreed to trade receiver Anquan Boldin to the San Francisco 49ers, the team they beat last month in the Super Bowl, sources confirmed to ESPN.

The Ravens have made all the right moves recently -- until Monday's trade of Anquan Boldin to the 49ers, Jamison Hensley writes. Blog

The Ravens will receive a sixth-round draft choice in return, the sources said.

Boldin, who is in Africa on a mission, needs to pass a physical before the trade with San Francisco becomes complete.

The trade agreement was earlier reported by the Baltimore Sun.

Ravens receiver Torrey Smith took news of the trade hard, venting through his Twitter account.

"This business is BS at times," he wrote.

While Smith was upset, Boldin's potential new quarterback, Colin Kaepernick, was excited by the trade when he spoke with ESPN.

"If it's true, it's a great trade," Kaepernick told ESPN. "We're happy to have him. Having a playmaker like that at receiver is something you always want. It's another weapon for our offense and our team."

Kaepernick added that he thought the Niners were getting Boldin at a great value.

"He's a great player," Kaepernick said. "I don't think you're going to find anybody in the sixth round to come in and play better than what he's doing right now."

The Ravens had reportedly asked Boldin to take a pay cut to help the team with its salary-cap situation. Boldin is scheduled to earn $6 million in the coming season. He carries a $7.531 million salary-cap figure.

Boldin told USA Today on Saturday that he was unwilling to slash his salary in order to stay with the team, citing "principles."

"At no point, no matter how well I played, would I come back to the table and say, 'I need more money.' The contract that I signed was the contract that I intended to play out," he told USA Today.

In the playoffs, Boldin caught 22 passes for 380 yards receiving (95 yards per game) and four touchdowns. He has led Baltimore in receiving yards in each of the past three seasons since being traded from Arizona.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9040950/baltimore-ravens-trade-anquan-boldin-san-francisco-49ers-pick-sources

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #212 on: March 11, 2013, 06:11:33 PM »
:o  I like it.  They essentially got him for free. 

Anquan Boldin traded to 49ers
Updated: March 11, 2013
ESPN.com

The Baltimore Ravens agreed to trade receiver Anquan Boldin to the San Francisco 49ers, the team they beat last month in the Super Bowl, sources confirmed to ESPN.

The Ravens have made all the right moves recently -- until Monday's trade of Anquan Boldin to the 49ers, Jamison Hensley writes. Blog

The Ravens will receive a sixth-round draft choice in return, the sources said.

Boldin, who is in Africa on a mission, needs to pass a physical before the trade with San Francisco becomes complete.

The trade agreement was earlier reported by the Baltimore Sun.

Ravens receiver Torrey Smith took news of the trade hard, venting through his Twitter account.

"This business is BS at times," he wrote.

While Smith was upset, Boldin's potential new quarterback, Colin Kaepernick, was excited by the trade when he spoke with ESPN.

"If it's true, it's a great trade," Kaepernick told ESPN. "We're happy to have him. Having a playmaker like that at receiver is something you always want. It's another weapon for our offense and our team."

Kaepernick added that he thought the Niners were getting Boldin at a great value.

"He's a great player," Kaepernick said. "I don't think you're going to find anybody in the sixth round to come in and play better than what he's doing right now."

The Ravens had reportedly asked Boldin to take a pay cut to help the team with its salary-cap situation. Boldin is scheduled to earn $6 million in the coming season. He carries a $7.531 million salary-cap figure.

Boldin told USA Today on Saturday that he was unwilling to slash his salary in order to stay with the team, citing "principles."

"At no point, no matter how well I played, would I come back to the table and say, 'I need more money.' The contract that I signed was the contract that I intended to play out," he told USA Today.

In the playoffs, Boldin caught 22 passes for 380 yards receiving (95 yards per game) and four touchdowns. He has led Baltimore in receiving yards in each of the past three seasons since being traded from Arizona.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9040950/baltimore-ravens-trade-anquan-boldin-san-francisco-49ers-pick-sources
Thread title misleading  ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #213 on: March 12, 2013, 11:35:27 AM »
Thread title misleading  ;D

Didn't want to create a "2013" thread.   :)

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #214 on: March 12, 2013, 11:46:58 AM »
Didn't want to create a "2013" thread.   :)
Yall gonna get Reed or what?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #215 on: March 12, 2013, 12:11:13 PM »
Yall gonna get Reed or what?

I doubt it.  I think they'll get someone younger.  And if they're going "old," I'd say Woodson is more of a possibility than Reed.  I wish they would just keep Goldson.

But FA starts in about an hour, so I'll guess we'll see where the chips fall. 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #216 on: March 21, 2013, 08:55:17 AM »
Ed Reed chooses the Texans. Sad day for Raven Nation. There is no way those Texans fans will appreciate Ed the way the Baltimore fans did. All good things come to an end. Best of luck Ed. Definitely a top 5 free safety in NFL history.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #217 on: March 21, 2013, 01:55:10 PM »
Ed Reed chooses the Texans. Sad day for Raven Nation. There is no way those Texans fans will appreciate Ed the way the Baltimore fans did. All good things come to an end. Best of luck Ed. Definitely a top 5 free safety in NFL history.
Ravens might be garbage next year.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #218 on: March 21, 2013, 02:38:10 PM »
Ravens might be garbage next year.

The haters crack me up....everyone outside of Baltimore thinks the Ravens are going to play like an expansion team next year.

But what others don't know is that baltimore still has plenty of young talent. The Ravens are reloading and building for the future while staying competitive at the same time. They will continue to build in the draft and make small splashes in free agency. Flacco and Rice are in their primes and Torrey Smith and Pitta are only going to get better. They still have a rock solid offensive line with only Birk retiring. The D-line is looking good with tons of depth ...Canty, Mcphee, Ngata, Spears. This is not a defensive team any more. It's all about the offense with Flacco at the helm. I predict he tosses 30+ TD's in 2013. He's won a superbowl, he'll have plenty of swagger.

I predict at least a 10-6 season in 2013.

The Ravens are not done making moves. Stay tuned.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #219 on: March 21, 2013, 03:53:22 PM »
is that realistic considering they went 10 -6 with all of those players last season?

players being young doesn't guarantee they will get better, they could actually get worse

what about the leadership of ray lewis?  i heard about this non stop for 12 years or so now his "leadership" doesn't matter any more

E
E

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #220 on: March 21, 2013, 04:15:04 PM »
is that realistic considering they went 10 -6 with all of those players last season?

players being young doesn't guarantee they will get better, they could actually get worse

what about the leadership of ray lewis?  i heard about this non stop for 12 years or so now his "leadership" doesn't matter any more

E

They started 9-2 if that means anything. Then they started playing like shit for 3 straight games. Suggs, Ngata, and Joe are the leaders now.
They still have major talent to win at the key positions. QB, O-line, D-line. I'm not concerned about the future of the team.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #221 on: March 21, 2013, 05:52:13 PM »
You are putting faith in Joe Flacco. Trent Dilfer won you guys a ring too. No way he lives up to the highest  payed player of all time.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #222 on: March 21, 2013, 06:53:51 PM »

what about the leadership of ray lewis?  i heard about this non stop for 12 years or so now his "leadership" doesn't matter any more

E

Dude, you are like the EKul of the sports board.

Anyway, I think they make the playoffs next year, and hopefully Flacco has something to prove. Looks like Denver is dropping the ball again with Dumervil, I think letting Reed walk was a good sign.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #223 on: March 22, 2013, 09:47:41 AM »
You are putting faith in Joe Flacco. Trent Dilfer won you guys a ring too. No way he lives up to the highest  payed player of all time.

The 2000 Ravens won a ring because of the most dominant defense to ever play. Dilfer was along for the ride.

And the Patriots are putting a lot of faith in Amendola being as effective as Welker. Aint happening. Amendola can't stay healthy and he's no where near as good. i bet Welker lights up the Patriots next year when they play.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #224 on: March 22, 2013, 12:26:45 PM »
Dude, you are like the EKul of the sports board.

Anyway, I think they make the playoffs next year, and hopefully Flacco has something to prove. Looks like Denver is dropping the ball again with Dumervil, I think letting Reed walk was a good sign.

i don't know "ekul", i assume he points out things that you don't want to hear

E
E