Author Topic: Top 10 reasons America Sucks  (Read 6988 times)

Dicki_Nurmom

• Getbig II
  • FILT RULES!
Top 10 reasons America Sucks
« on: September 17, 2012, 04:25:04 AM »
http://www.dailycampus.com/2.7438/top-10-reasons-america-sucks-1.1065716#.UFcHEaNhH0c

By Josh Schellenberg

Published: Wednesday, February 23, 2005
Updated: Wednesday, March 10, 2010 05:03

All right UConn, the moment you have been waiting for since last Wednesday has finally arrived - the top five reasons why America sucks.

Though we all say, "sucks," many do not know its actual meaning. Remember that we are using the official dictionary.com definition for sucks: "to be disgustingly disagreeable or offensive."

As a recap, let's go over reasons 10 through six from last week. At No. 10 is tipping. No. 9 is that Americans are cocky and arrogant. Our lack of a proper presidential candidate fills the No. 8 spot. No. 7 is that there are too many rural people that are overrepresented and No. 6 is that Americans work too hard and do not know how to relax. Now, let's continue the fun.

No. 5: America has good prices for nearly everything, but goods and services are usually of low quality. Think of the great number Americans who receive a free "cell phone" for signing up for a mobile plan. But, then the "phone" doesn't receive service everywhere it is supposed to or you drop the thing once and it doesn't work anymore. Is it really a cell phone then? No, it's just a piece of junk from Korea that's an illusion of a cell phone. But hey, at least you got it for free.

Europe may be expensive, but most goods and services are of much better quality. Garbage Kyocera "cell phones" from Korea can't penetrate European markets because the people demand and expect quality. Even McDonald's tastes better in Holland. And in most cases, the Dutch cashiers speak better English! Now that fact, which I have found from my own experiences, proves how America can be "disgustingly disagreeable or offensive," and therefore sucks.

The No. 4 reason why America sucks is that the United States is environmentally unfriendly. The rest of the rich world looks toward the future with the Kyoto treaty and gasoline taxes to become more sustainable. However, President George W. Bush, along with most Americans, refuses to change. Everyone is terrified of having to pay more for energy and gasoline. I could continue, but most people know about this problem, including how it results in America's addiction to foreign oil. As the list heats up we get to No. 3 - in the United States, sex is unmentionable and any amount of nudity is taboo. We all remember the Janet Jackson ordeal at last year's Super Bowl. Our fanatical attitude toward sex and nudity is precisely why she did it. She knew it would get her a lot of publicity. I'm not saying we should all be able to walk around naked, but come on, we've all seen a naked breast before. It's no big deal.

Continuing on the subject of sex, the fact that children need sexual education classes in fourth grade proves that sex is unmentionable in America for most people. Even parents cannot mention anything about the subject and need the school to teach their kids about the birds and the bees instead. It's quite offensive.

Let me tell you a story about the urinal that changed my life. It helped me further realize America's disagreeable attitude toward sex. Walking the crowded streets of Holland during Carnival two weeks ago, I came across a four-sided urinal in the middle of the street. Guys could just walk up, pee in one of the quadrants and just walk on. It was an efficient, beautiful thing that would never be allowed in the United States.

Much of America's attitude toward sex is due to No. 2 - America is too religious and is controlled by the rabid, Evangelical Christians of the south. Everyone knows this fact from the last election, so let me point out some examples of how Europe is much different on the matter of religion.

Though Europe is scattered with thousands of huge churches and other religious icons, it is a very secular region. Europeans know that religion has caused nothing but problems in the past, so they have found other uses for their beautiful churches.

The cathedrals of Italy and other parts of Europe are huge tourist attractions. In Cuijk, Holland where my family lives, the local hooligans, my cousin and I use the church stoop as a spot to hang out, drink beer and partake in other more elicit activities because it is conveniently located next to our favorite pub. It also has a nice nook for concealing yourself while urinating.

In the city of Utrecht, where I am currently staying, one of the cathedrals was turned into an apartment building! Maybe doing the same on the UConn campus could help alleviate the housing shortage. Oh wait, never mind, that would never happen in the United States because spending money on more churches takes priority.

And finally, drum roll please. The No. 1 reason why America sucks - the most disgustingly disagreeable and offensive feature to the American way of life - is that the drinking age is 21.

This stupid law rips the social fabric of our nation into halves. On one side are those who are 21 along with those who are willing to risk using a fake ID. On the other side of the divide are the majority of college students who are under 21. At UConn, this group of students is forced, yes, forced, to risk their lives by walking down dark roads or trails to get a drink at a party.

In Europe, a drink at the pub follows nearly every college event or club meeting because the drinking age is only 16. Three days of orientation activities at the university is boring, right? Not when everyday ends with a relaxing drink and a chance to get to know your fellow students. Think how much of a better orientation UConn could have if a little drinking were allowed at the end of the day.

I'm not saying the drinking age should be 16. The age of 18 is more reasonable in America so nearly all college students can go to the pub, thus dissipating the social divide.

Well folks, that's the end of the list. I hope you all, like me, have thought about how we can make America a better place by first learning how it sucks.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
Re: Top 10 reasons America Sucks
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 04:26:35 AM »
Luckily getbig.com salvages the nations reputation worldwide.

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 05:01:37 AM »
Yes....America should strive to be like that bastion of "civilization"...Europe. 

galain

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 05:45:45 AM »
I just spent 3 weeks in the US - my first time there. I really liked it. Friendly people, easy going, beautiful scenery...it reminded me a lot of Australia in some ways.

The only thing that sucked was all you assholes in Boston who think you can drive. YOU suck. I hope you all get dick cancer.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 05:48:14 AM »
very diverse country but it cant beat europe which will always remain much more interesting due the rich culture, i just came from Sweden, very great country.

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 05:53:27 AM »
Hah! It's still a great country. Don't like it, get out. Didn't need you anyway.

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2012, 06:09:38 AM »
I'd rather live in the most crime ridden parts of Detroit then spen 5 minutes in the middle east

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2012, 06:46:35 AM »
I just spent 3 weeks in the US - my first time there. I really liked it. Friendly people, easy going, beautiful scenery...it reminded me a lot of Australia in some ways.

The only thing that sucked was all you assholes in Boston who think you can drive. YOU suck. I hope you all get dick cancer.
HA!

Win.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2012, 07:11:00 AM »
Dubai, India

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2012, 07:16:05 AM »
http://www.dailycampus.com/2.7438/top-10-reasons-america-sucks-1.1065716#.UFcHEaNhH0c

By Josh Schellenberg

Published: Wednesday, February 23, 2005
Updated: Wednesday, March 10, 2010 05:03

All right UConn, the moment you have been waiting for since last Wednesday has finally arrived - the top five reasons why America sucks.

Though we all say, "sucks," many do not know its actual meaning. Remember that we are using the official dictionary.com definition for sucks: "to be disgustingly disagreeable or offensive."

As a recap, let's go over reasons 10 through six from last week. At No. 10 is tipping. No. 9 is that Americans are cocky and arrogant. Our lack of a proper presidential candidate fills the No. 8 spot. No. 7 is that there are too many rural people that are overrepresented and No. 6 is that Americans work too hard and do not know how to relax. Now, let's continue the fun.

No. 5: America has good prices for nearly everything, but goods and services are usually of low quality. Think of the great number Americans who receive a free "cell phone" for signing up for a mobile plan. But, then the "phone" doesn't receive service everywhere it is supposed to or you drop the thing once and it doesn't work anymore. Is it really a cell phone then? No, it's just a piece of junk from Korea that's an illusion of a cell phone. But hey, at least you got it for free.

Europe may be expensive, but most goods and services are of much better quality. Garbage Kyocera "cell phones" from Korea can't penetrate European markets because the people demand and expect quality. Even McDonald's tastes better in Holland. And in most cases, the Dutch cashiers speak better English! Now that fact, which I have found from my own experiences, proves how America can be "disgustingly disagreeable or offensive," and therefore sucks.

The No. 4 reason why America sucks is that the United States is environmentally unfriendly. The rest of the rich world looks toward the future with the Kyoto treaty and gasoline taxes to become more sustainable. However, President George W. Bush, along with most Americans, refuses to change. Everyone is terrified of having to pay more for energy and gasoline. I could continue, but most people know about this problem, including how it results in America's addiction to foreign oil. As the list heats up we get to No. 3 - in the United States, sex is unmentionable and any amount of nudity is taboo. We all remember the Janet Jackson ordeal at last year's Super Bowl. Our fanatical attitude toward sex and nudity is precisely why she did it. She knew it would get her a lot of publicity. I'm not saying we should all be able to walk around naked, but come on, we've all seen a naked breast before. It's no big deal.

Continuing on the subject of sex, the fact that children need sexual education classes in fourth grade proves that sex is unmentionable in America for most people. Even parents cannot mention anything about the subject and need the school to teach their kids about the birds and the bees instead. It's quite offensive.

Let me tell you a story about the urinal that changed my life. It helped me further realize America's disagreeable attitude toward sex. Walking the crowded streets of Holland during Carnival two weeks ago, I came across a four-sided urinal in the middle of the street. Guys could just walk up, pee in one of the quadrants and just walk on. It was an efficient, beautiful thing that would never be allowed in the United States.

Much of America's attitude toward sex is due to No. 2 - America is too religious and is controlled by the rabid, Evangelical Christians of the south. Everyone knows this fact from the last election, so let me point out some examples of how Europe is much different on the matter of religion.

Though Europe is scattered with thousands of huge churches and other religious icons, it is a very secular region. Europeans know that religion has caused nothing but problems in the past, so they have found other uses for their beautiful churches.

The cathedrals of Italy and other parts of Europe are huge tourist attractions. In Cuijk, Holland where my family lives, the local hooligans, my cousin and I use the church stoop as a spot to hang out, drink beer and partake in other more elicit activities because it is conveniently located next to our favorite pub. It also has a nice nook for concealing yourself while urinating.

In the city of Utrecht, where I am currently staying, one of the cathedrals was turned into an apartment building! Maybe doing the same on the UConn campus could help alleviate the housing shortage. Oh wait, never mind, that would never happen in the United States because spending money on more churches takes priority.

And finally, drum roll please. The No. 1 reason why America sucks - the most disgustingly disagreeable and offensive feature to the American way of life - is that the drinking age is 21.

This stupid law rips the social fabric of our nation into halves. On one side are those who are 21 along with those who are willing to risk using a fake ID. On the other side of the divide are the majority of college students who are under 21. At UConn, this group of students is forced, yes, forced, to risk their lives by walking down dark roads or trails to get a drink at a party.

In Europe, a drink at the pub follows nearly every college event or club meeting because the drinking age is only 16. Three days of orientation activities at the university is boring, right? Not when everyday ends with a relaxing drink and a chance to get to know your fellow students. Think how much of a better orientation UConn could have if a little drinking were allowed at the end of the day.

I'm not saying the drinking age should be 16. The age of 18 is more reasonable in America so nearly all college students can go to the pub, thus dissipating the social divide.

Well folks, that's the end of the list. I hope you all, like me, have thought about how we can make America a better place by first learning how it sucks.

The guy that wrote this is obviously a 1st year college-know-it-all-hippie.

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2012, 07:16:18 AM »
Without America there would not be democracy in the world or getbig.com.
all drugs - TPPIIP

hrspwr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2012, 07:22:47 AM »
Sounds like a spoiled little twat whining about things he knows nothing about. Crying about cell phones, m`cdonalds food and the drinking age - hump a mortgage and a business for 20 years and get back to me you little bitch.
time under tension

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2012, 07:26:11 AM »
an Italian friend of mine who recently visited the us of a had this to say...

"You're country is a goddamn police state! America the free? Bullshit!"

The Italian Lifter

• Getbig IV
  • I need an English dictionary!
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2012, 09:25:02 AM »

I never came to visit you DJ  >:(
North of Italy

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2012, 09:41:16 AM »

The No. 4 reason why America sucks is that the United States is environmentally unfriendly. The rest of the rich world looks toward the future with the Kyoto treaty and gasoline taxes to become more sustainable. However, President George W. Bush, along with most Americans, refuses to change. Everyone is terrified of having to pay more for energy and gasoline. I could continue, but most people know about this problem, including how it results in America's addiction to foreign oil.

BS!!
That would be on my list of good sides of USa.

I'm so sick of this environment protection climate change hippie stuff in Europe. LOL as if it mattered a fuk if I drive a V8 or sum' fukin' Prius  ::)

Big machines and Oil to burn - Fuk greenpeace  8)

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2012, 09:46:53 AM »
Sounds like a spoiled little twat whining about things he knows nothing about. Crying about cell phones, m`cdonalds food and the drinking age - hump a mortgage and a business for 20 years and get back to me you little bitch.

Spot on my friend.

bike nut

• Getbig V
  • Desperation is a stinky cologne
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2012, 09:47:13 AM »

Yep....an Occupy Wall Street fag.got that has never worked a day in his life.

Another iPad know-it-all.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2012, 10:05:03 AM »
BS!!
That would be on my list of good sides of USa.

I'm so sick of this environment protection climate change hippie stuff in Europe. LOL as if it mattered a fuk if I drive a V8 or sum' fukin' Prius  ::)

Big machines and Oil to burn - Fuk greenpeace  8)

Exactly.

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2012, 10:39:26 AM »
Exactly.

Europe, with it's 1000 years of war, religious nuttery, plagues, and fuedal social systems can keep all that "civilization".   I'll take my F150, my six shooter, open land, opprotunity and pusuit of happiness over your "culture" any day.

Also Europe...remember to ask for help when your whole world is again facing tyrannical destruction.  Third time's the charm.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2012, 10:40:06 AM »
I always think America sucks until I travel elswhere then I realize how much better it is.

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2012, 11:30:29 AM »

True.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2012, 11:32:32 AM »
What is considered "free" in America today?

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2012, 11:36:10 AM »
/

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2012, 12:04:27 PM »
/