Author Topic: Ted Koppel Gives it to FoxNews - To Their Face!!  (Read 3799 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Ted Koppel Gives it to FoxNews - To Their Face!!
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2012, 04:01:18 PM »
BTW, here's the ENTIRE interview, between Koppel and O'Reilly.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/09/21/koppel_opinion_news_has_hurt_political_process.html

Koppell: Fifteen years ago, there was a crying need for a network that focused more on conservative issues. Fox has done that. MSNBC has now come along and tried to provide...not because it's sort of a need for an ideological balance, but because it saw the balance sheet of Fox News!

O'Reilly: Yeah, they're getting their butt kicked!!

O'Reilly: Now, if you look at all of the journalists, and we can tick them down if you want, alright--Rather, Brokaw, Kronkite--THEY'RE ALL LEFT-WINGED GUYS! All of them. And, you know that!

Koppel: Hold it!! Hold it!! I would argue that, back in the day, you didn't know what Kronkite was.

O'Reilly: If you were in Iowa you didn't know. If you were working at CBS News, you d@&m well knew, because I worked there.

Koppel: You may have known what he was OFF camera. But, you didn't know what he was ON camera.

O'Reilly: But, decisions were made about personnel, story coverage, and point of view BY Kronkite, Brokaw, and Rather who were committed left-wingers.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2012, 04:45:45 PM »
most "lefties" only complain about the pattern of blatant LIES from Faux News and not to "silence" them or put them out of business.    There have been attempts to boycot scumbags like Rush for the absolutely horrible shit he says but then the right wing does the exact same thing, and more often too (before you object go look at the of the nonsense boycotted by your fellow wingnut fundies)
you libtard morons didnt call for just a boycott they called for rush to be taken off the air...theres a difference brain child.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2012, 05:11:28 PM »
you libtard morons didnt call for just a boycott they called for rush to be taken off the air...theres a difference brain child.

He's pretty stupid, isn't he? Can you believe this retard is apparently 46 years old?  :-\

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2012, 08:51:37 AM »
You really can't read that well, can you? I specifically spelled out the difference between the FOX NEWS CHANNEL (the nationwide cable juggernaut, with shows like "The O'Reilly Factor", "Hannity", "The Five", etc) and WTVT, a affiliate in the Tampa Bay area. It's the former that gets the undies of you and other libs in a bunch, not WTVT (unless you live in Florida).

Your ridiculous attempt to intermix the two makes you look downright FOOLISH, especially when BOTH the lower trial court and appeals courts made no finding or ruling that WTVT was lying in the first place, let alone establishing some alleged wacky claim that WTVT had the so-called "right to lie" (again, the lower trial court REJECTED the claims of Akre and Wilson, that WTVT distorted the story).

I understand that you are trying to draw some phony line of demarcation to somehow defend Faux News but it's all the same company.   

When Monsanto got wind of the story on WTVT (a wholly owned affiliate of Fox Corporation) they didn't contact the manager of WTVT.    They contacted Roger Ailes who is the head of Fox News Channel.   

Why the desperate effort to try to defend Faux News.    You can throw out this entire case and still have thousands of examples of blatant lies (or an unbelievable amount of unacknowledged and uncorrected "errors")

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2012, 10:26:05 AM »
Don't they all lie?

I mean, even stations want to pander to groups... If I'm fox and I want all the conservatives to watch me... I make liberals look bad.

If I'm MSNBC and I want liberals to watch me... I make conservatives look bad.

It's about ratings and money right?

Isn't that pretty much all there is to it?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2012, 10:28:45 AM »
Don't they all lie?

I mean, even stations want to pander to groups... If I'm fox and I want all the conservatives to watch me... I make liberals look bad.

Bingo Bango.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2012, 10:32:33 AM »
Don't they all lie?

Faux News seems to have a standard practice of lying (and basically admitted so in court)

I have not seen the same practice as a matter of apparent policy by any other network

If have  seen  MSNBC, NBC,  CNN make errors and then issue retractions or apologies but rarely, if ever, see this from Fox

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2012, 10:36:43 AM »
Faux News seems to have a standard practice of lying (and basically admitted so in court)

I have not seen the same practice as a matter of apparent policy by any other network

If have  seen  MSNBC, NBC,  CNN make errors and then issue retractions or apologies but rarely, if ever, see this from Fox

Well, that video from MSNBC is a pretty big lie there... Don't you think?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2012, 10:38:51 AM »
Well, that video from MSNBC is a pretty big lie there... Don't you think?

Which network was it that edited the Zimmerman call so blatantly?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2012, 10:43:59 AM »
Which network was it that edited the Zimmerman call so blatantly?

and....did they apologize and fire the person who did it

Isn't that exactly what I said in my post

now tell me how often (ever ???) to you see that from Faux News

for example, how about the "you didn't build that" quote by Obama

Faux douche Steve Doocey said in response to charges they took it out of context that they would play the full clip and then proceeded to do exactly what NBC did and redact part of the clip which contained "the context" of the "you didn't build that" statement

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2012, 10:45:23 AM »
and....did they apologize and fire the person who did it

Isn't that exactly what I said in my post

now tell me how often (ever ???) to you see that from Faux News

for example, how about the "you didn't build that" quote by Obama

Faux douche Steve Doocey said in response to charges they took it out of context that they would play the full clip and then proceeded to do exactly what NBC did and redact part of the clip which contained "the context" of the "you didn't build that" statement
It was a question, I couldn't remember which network it was.

Besides, I believe they only fired the dude because they got called out on it.

(Not to mention I don't see a lot of similarities between splicing a mans words together to make him sound racist and running a complete quote without the rest of the conversation.)

Again, they both lie. You're trying to justify and rationalize why one is ok but not the other. They both fucking lie.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #61 on: September 22, 2012, 10:47:47 AM »
It was a question, I couldn't remember which network it was.
Again, they both lie. You're trying to justify and rationalize why one is ok but not the other. They both fucking lie.

I'm not trying to rationalize anything nor do I agree with your premise that "they both lie" ie they are equivalent

Faux has what a appears to be a long term policy of lies and deception with no apologies, retractions etc..

I never said or suggested it was "ok" for NBC, et al, to lie while saying it's not OK when Fox does it

where did you get that idea from?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #62 on: September 22, 2012, 10:50:24 AM »
I'm not trying to rationalize anything nor do I agree with your premise that "they both lie" ie they are equivalent

Faux has what a appears to be a long term policy of lies and deception with no apologies, retractions etc..

I never said or suggested it was "ok" for NBC, et al, to lie while saying it's not OK when Fox does it

where did you get that idea from?
You don't think saying "make ERRORS and then issue retractions or apologies" is justification? Splicing a mans words together is not a fucking ERROR, its a blatant lie.

You're setting yourself a double standard, its and ERROR when one network does it, but its a LIE when fox does it.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2012, 11:06:08 AM »
You don't think saying "make ERRORS and then issue retractions or apologies" is justification? Splicing a mans words together is not a fucking ERROR, its a blatant lie.

You're setting yourself a double standard, its and ERROR when one network does it, but its a LIE when fox does it.

no it's not "justification"

it's what you do when you fuck up

Faux does not ever issue retractions or apologies (or so rarely that I can't remember)

that's the difference

they have a culture of lying and misleading

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2012, 04:58:50 PM »
I understand that you are trying to draw some phony line of demarcation to somehow defend Faux News but it's all the same company.

Correction: YOU are parroting liberal tripe that has been shot to pieces, long ago, yapping about a LOCAL TV station, not the Fox News Channel. Everyone knows it's the FOX NEWS CHANNEL, not WTVT, that gets lefties undies in a bunch, because they aren't slobbering over Obama (or any other Democrat), sugar-coating his screwups

When Monsanto got wind of the story on WTVT (a wholly owned affiliate of Fox Corporation) they didn't contact the manager of WTVT.    They contacted Roger Ailes who is the head of Fox News Channel.   

Why the desperate effort to try to defend Faux News.    You can throw out this entire case and still have thousands of examples of blatant lies (or an unbelievable amount of unacknowledged and uncorrected "errors")

WRONG!! One, you've been asked to produce a few, on two different threads, yet came up with zilch. When Lurker tried to pinch-hit for you, his pitiful examples were just as easily taken apart.

The fact remains there was no case in court for any so-called "right to lie", despite your pitiful musings to the contrary. The two reporters accused WTVT of trying to force them to falsify a story and it got THROWN OUT IN COURT, period. The lower trial court didn't buy it and neither did the appeals court. Basically, they lost their case. Yet, liberals have been spewing this gibberish ever since then, because they loathe the fact, as apparently do you, that they no longer hold the monopoly in the news media.

And, it really gets their goat to watch Fox News pound MSNBC (a blatantly far-left network) and CNN (a left-leaning-but-pretending-to-be-objective one) into the ground YEAR AFTER YEAR AFTER YEAR AFTER YEAR.

Though I'd like to know what the numbers currently are, as of at least Oct 2009, Fox News has the most balanced audience, according to Pew Research. In terms of Democrats, Republicans, and Independents, Fox's viewership (percentage-wise) goes 33-39-22, respectively. MSNBC goes 45-18-27; CNN goes 51-18-23.

So, if those numbers still hold, it's safe to say Fox News lives up to the "Fair and Balanced" moniker, at least on the surface.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: September 22, 2012, 05:41:46 PM »
no it's not "justification"

it's what you do when you fuck up

Faux does not ever issue retractions or apologies (or so rarely that I can't remember)

that's the difference

they have a culture of lying and misleading
it wasnt a fuck you moron, it was intentional...I bet you think media matters was never in bed with the obama admin either right?

fuking delusional moron!!!

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #66 on: September 23, 2012, 12:21:41 AM »

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #67 on: September 23, 2012, 12:34:31 AM »

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #68 on: September 23, 2012, 09:46:00 AM »
it wasnt a fuck you moron, it was intentional...I bet you think media matters was never in bed with the obama admin either right?

fuking delusional moron!!!

if only some day you could learn to read it would be a big help in your life

here is what I said

If have  seen  MSNBC, NBC,  CNN make errors and then issue retractions or apologies but rarely, if ever, see this from Fox

I don't know if the person who edited the 911 call made an error in judgement or he was intentionally trying to mislead but let's assume for the sake of argument he was trying to mislead.    I still don't see a pattern of this as I do at Fox News and I do see the person being fired and the station issuing an apology unlike Fox News

As I said before you virtually never see Fox news issues an apology for their "errors" and no one ever gets fired

One simple example, how many times did the play an edited version of the "you didn't build that" statement and at times even claim it was the complete and unedited statement.

Did you see any aplogies for that or anyone getting fired?

I guess here is where I add the standard GB.com statement that you're a fucking delusional moron

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: September 23, 2012, 09:56:40 AM »
Leftists and communists hate dissenting voices and hate freedom of speech.  

Oh yes, FOX News that bastion of free speech....where any nut job can and does say anything they want, regardless if it is true or not.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #70 on: September 23, 2012, 06:55:17 PM »
[ Invalid YouTube link ]