Author Topic: New GMO study: Rats fed lifetime of GM corn grow horrifying tumors  (Read 5683 times)

Jovo

• Getbig III
  • Getbig !
Re: New GMO study: Rats fed lifetime of GM corn grow horrifying tumors
« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2012, 06:23:45 AM »
If you were the ones that were making billions off of this you wouldn't  be bitching.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2012, 07:15:13 AM »
  Earth is fucked.
It seriously is. 

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2012, 07:41:10 AM »
EU have banned GMO crop. Monsanto must takes Americans for fools for allowing their wicked experiments on the population.

I think Monsanto is also pushing for a ban on labeling GMO foods as GMO, if it didn't pass already.

viking1

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2012, 07:49:13 AM »

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2012, 07:54:32 AM »
Yes snx...an excellent question. No one seems to have an answer. Continue trolling.

The correlation between genetically modified corn and cancer has yet to be properly made.

This actual study was presented by Gilles-Eric Seralini in the Food and Chemical Toxicology journal and while his findings would suggest that their might be a correlation, what he failed to mention was that his criteria for selecting subjects was heavily biased.

For instance, during this study they chose to use the Harlan Sprague-Dawley strain of rat.  Unfortunately, for those who are not too familiar with this breed of rat, they are actually heavily predisposed to getting cancer over their lifetime.  The studies show that well over 70% of males and 87% of females from this strain reportedly get cancer during their lifetime, whether they have been fed GM corn or not. So it shouldn't be a surprise that so many of Seralini’s rats were found with cancer.

Aside from that, there were other elements to his study that were flawed.  

For more information: http://www.biofortified.org/2012/09/gm-corn-and-cancer/

"1"

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2012, 07:56:41 AM »
That said, I am NOT a fan of MONSATO.

I do not like to buy crops which have been genetically modified and impregnated with pesticide forming chemicals and preservatives.

I also do not believe that they should be allowed to have such a blatant monopoly over the farm industry.

"1"

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2012, 07:56:53 AM »
The correlation between genetically modified corn and cancer has yet to be properly made.

This actual study was presented by Gilles-Eric Seralini in the Food and Chemical Toxicology journal and while his findings would suggest that their might be a correlation, what he failed to mention was that his criteria for selecting subjects was heavily biased.

For instance, during this study they chose to use the Harlan Sprague-Dawley strain of rat.  Unfortunately, for those who are not too familiar with this breed of rat, they are actually heavily predisposed to getting cancer over their lifetime.  The studies show that well over 70% of males and 87% of females from this strain reportedly get cancer during their lifetime, whether they have been fed GM corn or not. So it shouldn't be a surprise that so many of Seralini’s rats were found with cancer.

Aside from that, there were other elements to his study that were flawed.  

For more information: http://www.biofortified.org/2012/09/gm-corn-and-cancer/

"1"

Damn you OMR. My trolling was going to be savage. Thanks for taking the wind out of my sails, broham.

You were the kid who told all the other kids that santa didn't exist, right?

Oh well, back to the Random Pics thread for me...

;D

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2012, 08:01:54 AM »
go to red pill movies, and click on the movie 'the world according to monsanto'.   it will blow you away.

and bill gates is the biggest shareholder of monsanto stocks

Cheers hazbin