Author Topic: VA Bakery Owner Won't Host Biden Thanks to 'You Didn't Build That' Remarks  (Read 3788 times)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
 8)

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/08/16/Virginia-Bakery-Owner-Refuses-To-Host-Event-For-Biden-Angry-Over-Obama-s-You-Didn-t-Build-That-Remarks
VA Bakery Owner Won't Host Biden Thanks to 'You Didn't Build That' Remarks

Vice President Joe Biden’s advance team approached the owner of a local Virginia mom and pop bakery -- “Crumb and Get It” -- and asked him if the bakery could host an event for Biden on Wednesday.

The owner, Chris McMurray, who just opened the store with his wife in May, could have used the business and attention.

But he declined the offer because he was upset over comments President Barack Obama made in which he told small business owners like McMurray, “you didn’t build that.”

"This is an opportunity of a lifetime but essentially I said 'No offense to you or the campaign but I just decline you guys coming in here,” McMurray told reporters. “At that time she said 'Are you sure? There's going to be a lot of press, a lot of activity,’"

McMurray said “very simply, ‘you didn’t build that’” was the reason why he declined the invitation, noting that, “speaking of small businesses and entrepreneurs all across this country and actually last night my wife was up all night. No sleep, she's worked a full 24 hours."

McMurray said he did not want to be part of a campaign event with an administration whose policies with which he fervently disagrees.

WBDJ7 reports that the secret service, though, walked into “Crumb and Get It” and thanked McMurray for standing up to Biden and saying “no” and bought “a bunch of cookies and cupcakes.”

Nomad

• Getbig IV
8)

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/08/16/Virginia-Bakery-Owner-Refuses-To-Host-Event-For-Biden-Angry-Over-Obama-s-You-Didn-t-Build-That-Remarks
VA Bakery Owner Won't Host Biden Thanks to 'You Didn't Build That' Remarks

Vice President Joe Biden’s advance team approached the owner of a local Virginia mom and pop bakery -- “Crumb and Get It” -- and asked him if the bakery could host an event for Biden on Wednesday.

The owner, Chris McMurray, who just opened the store with his wife in May, could have used the business and attention.

But he declined the offer because he was upset over comments President Barack Obama made in which he told small business owners like McMurray, “you didn’t build that.”

"This is an opportunity of a lifetime but essentially I said 'No offense to you or the campaign but I just decline you guys coming in here,” McMurray told reporters. “At that time she said 'Are you sure? There's going to be a lot of press, a lot of activity,’"

McMurray said “very simply, ‘you didn’t build that’” was the reason why he declined the invitation, noting that, “speaking of small businesses and entrepreneurs all across this country and actually last night my wife was up all night. No sleep, she's worked a full 24 hours."

McMurray said he did not want to be part of a campaign event with an administration whose policies with which he fervently disagrees.

WBDJ7 reports that the secret service, though, walked into “Crumb and Get It” and thanked McMurray for standing up to Biden and saying “no” and bought “a bunch of cookies and cupcakes.”

Clearly Obama & co hates hard working real American patriot entrepreneurs.
all drugs - TPPIIP

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
Clearly Obama & co hates hard working real American patriot entrepreneurs.

Not sure if serious, but it's true.

SLYY

• Getbig IV
  • A mug only your mom could love...
Not sure if serious, but it's true.

What are you basing this truth on, irongrip400?

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
What are you basing this truth on, irongrip400?

He's setting things up so that everybody is on a "level playing field" when in fact it is already level, and he is skewing it so that it is in favor of the "have nots".  These people are his constituents, so he must pander to them. I will fight back by making more money, because lord knows my vote won't change anything.

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
He's setting things up so that everybody is on a "level playing field" when in fact it is already level, and he is skewing it so that it is in favor of the "have nots".  These people are his constituents, so he must pander to them. I will fight back by making more money, because lord knows my vote won't change anything.

*sigh*

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
*sigh*

Hey, I asked you to explain to me what your views were, I'll listen. Shit, I may even change my opinion. Show me where what Obama is doing is good for the $300k a year and up crowd.

SLYY

• Getbig IV

I should have been more clear when I requested the "truth."  I was requesting credible citations that backed up your position that "[c]learly Obama & co hates hard working real American patriot entrepreneurs."  Unfortunately, I ended up receiving a bunch of text that merely expressed your uninformed opinion. 

Nonetheless, you stated that Obama is "...setting things up so that everybody is on a 'level playing field' when in fact it is already level..."  Let's actually look at Obama's quote, which resulted in a standing ovation by democrats and republicans alike, at his State of the Union Address.

Obama stated:

"So tonight, I’m asking Democrats and Republicans
              to simplify the system.  Get rid of the loopholes.

Level the playing fieldAnd use the savings
              to lower the corporate tax rate for the first time
              in 25 years –- without adding to our deficit.
              It can be done.
"

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2011/01/25/remarks-president-state-union-address

If reading is not your strong suit, you can watch and listen to the speech here:

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4510818/obama-level-the-playing-field/
(start @ 13:38)
________________________ ______________________

NOW that you have been informed as to the context of the "level the playing field" quote, you should recognize how asinine you came across... trying to equate Obama's quote with your theory that, "[c]learly Obama & co hates hard working real American patriot entrepreneurs." 

Just for fun, let's see what Romney has to say about the idea of "level[ing] the playing field" with regard to taxes.

Romney stated:

If you’re an individual that’s not employed, you don’t
             get a tax deduction for buying your own insurance.
             What I would do is level the playing field and say,
             ‘Insurers can buy insurance on the same tax-advantaged
             basis that businesses can.’

http://www.forbes.com/sites/aroy/2012/06/20/mitt-romney-outlines-his-plan-to-replace-obamacare/

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
I should have been more clear when I requested the "truth."  I was requesting credible citations that backed up your position that "[c]learly Obama & co hates hard working real American patriot entrepreneurs."  Unfortunately, I ended up receiving a bunch of text that merely expressed your uninformed opinion. 

Nonetheless, you stated that Obama is "...setting things up so that everybody is on a 'level playing field' when in fact it is already level..."  Let's actually look at Obama's quote, which resulted in a standing ovation by democrats and republicans alike, at his State of the Union Address.

Obama stated:

"So tonight, I’m asking Democrats and Republicans
              to simplify the system.  Get rid of the loopholes.

Level the playing fieldAnd use the savings
              to lower the corporate tax rate for the first time
              in 25 years –- without adding to our deficit.
              It can be done.
"

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2011/01/25/remarks-president-state-union-address

If reading is not your strong suit, you can watch and listen to the speech here:

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4510818/obama-level-the-playing-field/
(start @ 13:38)
________________________ ______________________

NOW that you have been informed as to the context of the "level the playing field" quote, you should recognize how asinine you came across... trying to equate Obama's quote with your theory that, "[c]learly Obama & co hates hard working real American patriot entrepreneurs." 

Just for fun, let's see what Romney has to say about the idea of "level[ing] the playing field" with regard to taxes.

Romney stated:

If you’re an individual that’s not employed, you don’t
             get a tax deduction for buying your own insurance.
             What I would do is level the playing field and say,
             ‘Insurers can buy insurance on the same tax-advantaged
             basis that businesses can.’

http://www.forbes.com/sites/aroy/2012/06/20/mitt-romney-outlines-his-plan-to-replace-obamacare/

Hold on, I need time to cut and paste my response from the internet. ;D That aside, it's clear no matter how much we go back and forth, that we will not change our views.  I'm not sure if I said it in this thread or another, but I do not believe it's all Obama's fault, but alot of what his constituents represent, and a large portion of the free loaders who vote for him.  I've said it many times, I have no real compassion for the poor, because I myself overcame a set of circumstances, as did my wife, and have become what I believe to be a successful person.  You may call this me being disconnected, but I truly believe that the poor, for the most part are there because of bad decisions they've made, at some point in their life, and just choose not to put in the "extra" work to get back out of the hole.  It seems that the platform he is running on, is pandering to those people, and it will be easy to sweep that group because a lot of people are hurting right now.  Who doesn't want free money?  The thing is, that the attitude like that will lead to the destruction of our country.  He is a polarizing figure, and needs to bring the nation together, not create these divides and class warfare.  Romney is a very successful man, and while he may not be liked by everyone, he has done very well for himself in this capitalist system we use.  I would like to see some of his plans implemented and see what he can do to correct this mess.  If he can't, then I will be back here in four years, and submit that what I thought was wrong, and that maybe I was the one that needed to change, and that maybe the old guard should be on its way out.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
Re: VA Bakery Owner Won't Host Biden Thanks to 'You Didn't Build That' Remarks
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2012, 10:52:15 AM »
Good post! 

Did it not come out?  It's on my screen.  Must be an illuminati conspiracy.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2012, 11:16:07 AM »

Did it not come out?  It's on my screen.  Must be an illuminati conspiracy.

No, it's there.

I just delete the quoted text sometime so people don't have to scroll so much.  I'm a nerd  :-X

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2012, 01:46:21 PM »
No, it's there.

I just delete the quoted text sometime so people don't have to scroll so much.  I'm a nerd  :-X

Right on, I'll keep that in mind next time I quote a fatty picture train on a bigmikecox thread.  ;D

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2012, 01:48:58 PM »
Right on, I'll keep that in mind next time I quote a fatty picture train on a bigmikecox thread.  ;D

lol  ;D

SLYY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2012, 01:56:05 PM »
Hold on, I need time to cut and paste my response from the internet. ;D That aside, it's clear no matter how much we go back and forth, that we will not change our views.  I'm not sure if I said it in this thread or another, but I do not believe it's all Obama's fault, but alot of what his constituents represent, and a large portion of the free loaders who vote for him.  I've said it many times, I have no real compassion for the poor, because I myself overcame a set of circumstances, as did my wife, and have become what I believe to be a successful person.  You may call this me being disconnected, but I truly believe that the poor, for the most part are there because of bad decisions they've made, at some point in their life, and just choose not to put in the "extra" work to get back out of the hole.  It seems that the platform he is running on, is pandering to those people, and it will be easy to sweep that group because a lot of people are hurting right now.  Who doesn't want free money?  The thing is, that the attitude like that will lead to the destruction of our country.  He is a polarizing figure, and needs to bring the nation together, not create these divides and class warfare.  Romney is a very successful man, and while he may not be liked by everyone, he has done very well for himself in this capitalist system we use.  I would like to see some of his plans implemented and see what he can do to correct this mess.  If he can't, then I will be back here in four years, and submit that what I thought was wrong, and that maybe I was the one that needed to change, and that maybe the old guard should be on its way out.

Cut and paste your response from the internet?  ???  Are you referring to the snippets from the candidates speeches that I used to definitively dismantle your argument that, “[Obama's] setting things up so that everybody is on a ‘level playing field’ when in fact it is already level…”?  I could have merely used links to the videos of the speeches, but the actual text is more impactful on an internet forum.  My response was 100% written by myself and backed up with credible citations.  Obviously, there is a difference in the level of difficulty when it comes to writing a citation filled response versus a response based on sound bites from Fox News.  Regardless, the point here is that the statement, “[c]learly Obama & co hates hard working real American patriot entrepreneurs,” is not only untrue, it is also unsubstantiated.    

THAT ASIDE, your new response is again lacking any credible citations – actually, it’s lacking any citations at all.  Of course, a majority of your new response is admittedly your opinion, as you repeatedly used some variation of the phrase, “I believe…”  However, you made the following statement as if it’s factual:

Who doesn't want free money?  The thing is, that the attitude like that will lead to the destruction of our country.

As you are aware, Romney’s father was on welfare.  Was George Romney someone who had that “free money” attitude that “will lead to the destruction of our country”?  I’ll answer for you, of course not.  Accordingly, your blanket statement that people who need “free money” are people “who will lead to the destruction of our country,” is imbecilic.  

it's clear no matter how much we go back and forth, that we will not change our views.  

For the record, I am not trying to change your views; instead, I am merely pointing out that the views you have shared in this thread are imperceptive and unsupported.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2012, 02:26:54 PM »
And what about my other opinions? What is your retort? An opinion isn't always based on a fact, but a perception of things that surround that person. And like I said, I don't believe that everybody who is on government assistance is a total shit bag, but the system needs to be revamped. I would dare to say though, that an overwhelming majority of what I would call welfare lifers, are the type that would vote for Obama. And I'm not saying blacks, but he seems to want to stick up for the little guy (opinion) and a lot of these welfare lifers feel they have been slighted or are owed something, so they continue to go on not being productive. Everybody has the same chance, some roads may be a little harder, but everybody has the same chance. The comment about small business owners not doing it themselves, is asinine. Now, do I believe he meant it wholeheartedly, no, but it is part of a general attitude that follows him. I will say though, I'm about to wash my hands of the whole thing, not give a shit, and just make more money to offset the increase in taxes. And before you say it, yes, I have spoke with my CPA and things are going to be different next year. I will just have to soldier on and make more. The country though, seems to be slipping, and that's a fact. But again, what would you, as an intelligent person, say to me to try and change my views, or for that matter, get me motivated about our slumping country?

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2012, 02:31:30 PM »
You need not go any further than Obamacare to understand just how blatantly (small) business unfriendly Barack Obama is, and what a blatant disregard he has for economic freedom and our Constitution.

SLYY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2012, 12:41:45 AM »
And what about my other opinions? What is your retort? An opinion isn't always based on a fact, but a perception of things that surround that person. And like I said, I don't believe that everybody who is on government assistance is a total shit bag, but the system needs to be revamped. I would dare to say though, that an overwhelming majority of what I would call welfare lifers, are the type that would vote for Obama. And I'm not saying blacks, but he seems to want to stick up for the little guy (opinion) and a lot of these welfare lifers feel they have been slighted or are owed something, so they continue to go on not being productive. Everybody has the same chance, some roads may be a little harder, but everybody has the same chance. The comment about small business owners not doing it themselves, is asinine. Now, do I believe he meant it wholeheartedly, no, but it is part of a general attitude that follows him. I will say though, I'm about to wash my hands of the whole thing, not give a shit, and just make more money to offset the increase in taxes. And before you say it, yes, I have spoke with my CPA and things are going to be different next year. I will just have to soldier on and make more. The country though, seems to be slipping, and that's a fact. But again, what would you, as an intelligent person, say to me to try and change my views, or for that matter, get me motivated about our slumping country?

You correctly stated that there are opinions that are not based on fact.  For example, with regard to the President, an opinion not based on fact is whether or not his cologne smells nice.  Another opinion that is void of fact about the President is whether or not he is fashionable.  However, opinions regarding whom the President panders to and the interpretation of a single sentence in a speech are based on fact.  Thus, you come across as uninformed when you back up such fact-based opinions with more opinions.  Again, I have no interest in trying to change your views; I simply want to see the credible sources that are the basis for these views.     

SLYY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2012, 12:50:24 AM »
You need not go any further than Obamacare to understand just how blatantly (small) business unfriendly Barack Obama is, and what a blatant disregard he has for economic freedom and our Constitution.

The Small Business Majority is an advocacy group that disagrees with you.  However, assuming arguendo that your assertion is true, here is what Willard has to say: