Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
January 21, 2017, 04:27:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Over 45 training  (Read 159728 times)
chaos
Getbig V

Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan

« Reply #1900 on: December 29, 2016, 09:09:13 AM »

Used some bands for squatting on Tuesday, felt awesome, been awhile. Hit a pretty good weight smoothly. Cool
Report to moderator   Logged

Liar!!!!Filt!!!!
Primemuscle
Getbig V

Be honest...

« Reply #1901 on: December 29, 2016, 05:45:14 PM »

Used some bands for squatting on Tuesday, felt awesome, been awhile. Hit a pretty good weight smoothly. Cool

I should try bands. I've been working on my quads and glutes at home with very limited equipment. Just using bodyweight, high reps and three workouts a week, I've added almost an inch to my quads in the last month. If I'd used bands, it would likely have been more.
oldtimer1
Getbig V

Getbig!

« Reply #1902 on: December 29, 2016, 06:04:20 PM »

Chains are big in my gym.  I haven't seen anyone use bands on the bar yet. Today I took off training. Sore throat yesterday feeling like I was coming down with something yesterday. Felt better today but I'm still taking off.  I'll make up for the lost cardio day on Saturday. Tomorrow is Delt and arms.
Primemuscle
Getbig V

Be honest...

« Reply #1903 on: December 29, 2016, 06:10:52 PM »

Chains are big in my gym.  I haven't seen anyone use bands on the bar yet. Today I took off training. Sore throat yesterday feeling like I was coming down with something yesterday. Felt better today but I'm still taking off.  I'll make up for the lost cardio day on Saturday. Tomorrow is Delt and arms.

Occasionally, I see someone adding bands to on the bar when squatting but not real often.
oldtimer1
Getbig V

Getbig!

« Reply #1904 on: December 30, 2016, 06:27:07 PM »

Trained at home today. It felt really good train at home. It seems my stuff has been collecting dust. I think in the past year I might have trained at home 10 times. I really do have a great set up.  I found I just changed the channel to the satellite light radio way too often. Then again it's just me down there.
njflex
Competitors
Getbig V

TEAM...NUTZ...THE PIC...

« Reply #1905 on: January 01, 2017, 08:34:19 AM »

happy new yr guys,,,
Primemuscle
Getbig V

Be honest...

« Reply #1906 on: January 01, 2017, 03:22:53 PM »

May the New Year bring good things to everyone.
oldtimer1
Getbig V

Getbig!

« Reply #1907 on: January 01, 2017, 06:56:51 PM »

Happy New Year! May every rep get you closer to your goals.

I'm always thinking of new ways to approach training. I never consider diet.  After gaining about 3 pounds in week from Holiday alcohol drinking and food I realize I can't out work a bad diet like I did in my youth.  Going to have to cut down on the beer.  It's really wrecking my gains in the gym.  I can't bring myself to drink light beer so I will cut the days down I do indulge. 
chaos
Getbig V

Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan

« Reply #1908 on: January 01, 2017, 07:21:15 PM »

No chains in my gym. I bring my bands in once in awhile to change it up and overload myself. Always fun.

Liar!!!!Filt!!!!
oldtimer1
Getbig V

Getbig!

« Reply #1909 on: January 04, 2017, 07:47:56 PM »

Home Gym observations:

Training at home now.  Trained legs today.  Certain things are better and some worst. My leg press machine just feels right and the gym's just feels like it was built wrong at bad angles.  On the other hand my leg extension machine stinks compared to the one at the gym. Thankful nothing changes with dumbbells and barbells to a certain extend. My barbell has really nice knurling on it and the ends revolve freely. The plates slide on and off without effort.  Tired of gyms that skimp on barbells.  They always buy crap.  My dumbbells also are better than the gym. Most of the commercial gym's dumbbells are 5lbs or more heavier than the stick on label says. Someone can't count plates and the weight of the handle.

A real plus is I really like the music in my home gym. The  gym owner meaning me really knows how to play heart pumping music. The commercial gym is has satellite radio system but he keeps it on the 70's rock channel.  Nothing wrong with 70's rock but he has 200 plus channels and that's what he has on day after day.

One negative is that it's good to train with other guys training. It gets the adrenaline up. I'm pretty self motivated but I do know my heart rate starts going the minute I walk into a commercial gym. I miss having short conversations with some of the guys. What I will miss most is some of the hot women. One hot blonde training there I would put up against any Hollywood actress for both face and body.
njflex
Competitors
Getbig V

TEAM...NUTZ...THE PIC...

« Reply #1910 on: January 05, 2017, 11:58:09 AM »

Home Gym observations:

Training at home now.  Trained legs today.  Certain things are better and some worst. My leg press machine just feels right and the gym's just feels like it was built wrong at bad angles.  On the other hand my leg extension machine stinks compared to the one at the gym. Thankful nothing changes with dumbbells and barbells to a certain extend. My barbell has really nice knurling on it and the ends revolve freely. The plates slide on and off without effort.  Tired of gyms that skimp on barbells.  They always buy crap.  My dumbbells also are better than the gym. Most of the commercial gym's dumbbells are 5lbs or more heavier than the stick on label says. Someone can't count plates and the weight of the handle.

A real plus is I really like the music in my home gym. The  gym owner meaning me really knows how to play heart pumping music. The commercial gym is has satellite radio system but he keeps it on the 70's rock channel.  Nothing wrong with 70's rock but he has 200 plus channels and that's what he has on day after day.

One negative is that it's good to train with other guys training. It gets the adrenaline up. I'm pretty self motivated but I do know my heart rate starts going the minute I walk into a commercial gym. I miss having short conversations with some of the guys. What I will miss most is some of the hot women. One hot blonde training there I would put up against any Hollywood actress for both face and body.
Cool,,you are like me motivated anywhere and anytime to train its all good,,maybe go back in late spring/early summer to train at gym when you really kick in hot training/shape...i'm training home 2 nite no babysitter and daughter has basketball practice.
oldtimer1
Getbig V

Getbig!

« Reply #1911 on: January 05, 2017, 09:15:38 PM »

Trained this week using this split. 4 on and two off. Chest-back-legs-delt/arms was the four days. Just trying to do something slightly different.
oldtimer1
Getbig V

Getbig!

« Reply #1912 on: January 12, 2017, 08:35:50 PM »

Some bad bug is going around. Two days ago I ran hard on the treadmill and I felt off all night into the next morning. Thought I just over did it. Even thought maybe it was my heart. Yesterday I trained legs and my hip joint starting hurting. When I woke up today I could hardly walk. Still didn't know what was wrong with me.  Tonight a high fever appeared.  Damn my joints hurt.  I guess I'm out of the gym for awhile. Hope the drugs the doctor gave me work.  This fever gets any higher I might go to the emergency room. Burning up. 
Primemuscle
Getbig V

Be honest...

« Reply #1913 on: January 12, 2017, 08:38:40 PM »

Some bad bug is going around. Two days ago I ran hard on the treadmill and I felt off all night into the next morning. Thought I just over did it. Even thought maybe it was my heart. Yesterday I trained legs and my hip joint starting hurting. When I woke up today I could hardly walk. Still didn't know what was wrong with me.  Tonight a high fever appeared.  Damn my joints hurt.  I guess I'm out of the gym for awhile. Hope the drugs the doctor gave me work.  This fever gets any higher I might go to the emergency room. Burning up. 

What a bummer. Being sick is never fun, especially when you don't get to stay home from school.  Grin -Hope you feel better soon.
oldtimer1
Getbig V

Getbig!

« Reply #1914 on: January 19, 2017, 01:25:22 PM »

Ended up in the hospital.  Doctor said I had pneumonia. Said you could see it in the chest x-ray.  Had a fever at first that went up to 104. For 6 days it would fluctuate between 102 and 104. Lost 6 pounds in 6 days.  I was incredible weak but on the 7 the day the fever broke. That's the day my doctor put me in the hospital. I wasn't able to speak above a whisper and had chest spasms. The doctor put me on IV antibiotics. Saw a Pulmonary and Infectious disease doctor. Spent 2 nights and 3 days in the hospital.  Doc said my lungs were rapidly clearing.  Around 10 total day so far with antibiotics from the first day sick at home to being discharged from the hospital. Now I have 7 more days. I have never been this sick in my life. Lung guy said," You started with the flu and ended with pneumonia.  

What I noticed besides the bad stuff with illness is that my really bad shoulder is feeling good. The time off from lifting gave the grinding a rest.
Maybe it was a sign at nearly 58 that pushing myself really hard in the gym is great but it has to be balanced with rest. Then again maybe I just caught the bug.

Hopefully in another 7 days I can start lifting light.  Can't think of what my lifting should be?  Volume with only the last set to failure?  One set to failure Yates. I might not ever figure one magic routine. Any suggestions on splits and work sets quantities?

njflex
Competitors
Getbig V

TEAM...NUTZ...THE PIC...

« Reply #1915 on: January 19, 2017, 02:10:16 PM »

Ended up in the hospital.  Doctor said I had pneumonia. Said you could see it in the chest x-ray.  Had a fever at first that went up to 104. For 6 days it would fluctuate between 102 and 104. Lost 6 pounds in 6 days.  I was incredible weak but on the 7 the day the fever broke. That's the day my doctor put me in the hospital. I wasn't able to speak above a whisper and had chest spasms. The doctor put me on IV antibiotics. Saw a Pulmonary and Infectious disease doctor. Spent 2 nights and 3 days in the hospital.  Doc said my lungs were rapidly clearing.  Around 10 total day so far with antibiotics from the first day sick at home to being discharged from the hospital. Now I have 7 more days. I have never been this sick in my life. Lung guy said," You started with the flu and ended with pneumonia.  

What I noticed besides the bad stuff with illness is that my really bad shoulder is feeling good. The time off from lifting gave the grinding a rest.
Maybe it was a sign at nearly 58 that pushing myself really hard in the gym is great but it has to be balanced with rest. Then again maybe I just caught the bug.

Hopefully in another 7 days I can start lifting light.  Can't think of what my lifting should be?  Volume with only the last set to failure?  One set to failure Yates. I might not ever figure one magic routine. Any suggestions on splits and work sets quantities?

I'M SO SORRY RICH TO HEAR THAT...GLAD YOUR OK,PNEUMONIA IS SERIOUS ILLNESS,WHAT A WHAMMY...PEACE MAN,,COME BACK SLOW IN TRAINING..
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!