Author Topic: Obama Approved Big Bird Attack Ad - Sesame Street Attacks  (Read 3659 times)

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Obama Approved Big Bird Attack Ad - Sesame Street Attacks
« on: October 09, 2012, 05:50:09 AM »
As I said before...it was only a matter of time before the residents of Sesame Street got tired of Romney talking shit about them.   Pretty good ad, this is not a joke ad...its the real thing

[ Invalid YouTube link ]
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Obama Approved Big Bird Attack Ad - Sesame Street Attacks
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 05:55:33 AM »
As I said before...it was only a matter of time before the residents of Sesame Street got tired of Romney talking shit about them.   Pretty good ad, this is not a joke ad...its the real thing

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

This is the most ridiculous thing I have seen since . . . . . . .the garbage man ad. 

Obama is DONE DONE DONE 

BTW vince - why wasnt Corzine in this ad? 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 08:35:34 AM »
Now The Media Is Piling On Obama, As Everyone Slams The 'Goofy' Big Bird Ad
Brett LoGiurato|43 minutes ago|124|1

Republican politicos and media pundits are hammering the Obama campaign's new "Big Bird" ad, calling it an example of small, trivial and "absurd" politics.

The ad, which sarcastically casts Big Bird as a corporate fiend comparable to Bernie Madoff and Kenneth Lay, mocks Republican nominee Mitt Romney for "getting tough on Big Bird" by saying he would cut the federal subsidy to PBS.

The Washington Examiner's Philip Klein sums up most of the reaction thus far from media types, contrasting the ad with a 2008 speech that lamented "the smallness of our politics."

"Add it to the long list of areas where Obama didn’t live up to the lofty rhetoric of his 2008 campaign," Klein writes.

Politico's Maggie Haberman called the ad "goofy": "Chicago gets serious..." she wrote. "... And by serious, we mean not serious at all."

And the president, as others have noted, and his team have been going fairly small at a moment when Romney is consistent in a message and pivoting toward going bigger (the foreign policy speech, more emotion on the trail, and so forth). And this video is the kind of small ball that Boston smacked over for months.

And Slate's Dave Weigel summed it up in two words:

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/obama-big-bird-ad-romney-pbs-subsidy-national-debt-debate-2012-10#ixzz28og245oV

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2012, 08:52:04 AM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/09/obama-ad-mitt-romney-big-bird_n_1949942.html

Just when you think Obama can go no lower and be more absurd. 

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2012, 09:54:30 AM »
The more of this stupid shit I see, I think Obama is just collecting donations so he can pay the small tax on what he doesn't spend and retire in luxury.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2012, 09:56:27 AM »
The more of this stupid shit I see, I think Obama is just collecting donations so he can pay the small tax on what he doesn't spend and retire in luxury.

notice how not one person in the ad was arrested and convicted by Holders' DOJ? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2012, 10:00:47 AM »
notice how not one person in the ad was arrested and convicted by Holders' DOJ? 

DOJ's have a way of letting bad guys do bad things.  I remember those black panthers were beating up people at the polling stations and the DOJ didn't charge them - that was december 2008.   

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2012, 11:39:37 AM »

He has recieved a lot of cash for his campaign but not invested any himself. He will walk away with a good amount of $.
And you thought this guy wasnt a capitalist ;)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2012, 12:44:23 PM »
Obama makes O.J. Simpson joke
 politico44 ^ | 10/9/12 | REID J. EPSTEIN

Posted on Tuesday, October 09, 2012 2:09:32 PM

SAN FRANCISCO – O.J. Simpson jokes are apparently now fair game in presidential politics.

President Obama invoked the former NFL star acquitted of murder Monday night during a fundraiser here during a riff about Sesame Street characters on the run from Mitt Romney seeking to cut federal funding from public broadcasting.

“Elmo has been seen in a white Suburban,” Obama said. “He’s driving for the border.”

Simpson, of course, traveled in a white Ford Bronco, not a Chevrolet Suburban, during his infamous 1994 low-speed chase through Los Angeles.

(Excerpt) Read more at politico.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2012, 03:32:27 PM »
LOL vince do you really believe this is a good ad?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2012, 03:59:08 PM »
Ohio Obama Rally Features Rap Rendition of Sesame Street Theme Song

By Hunter Walker 5:35pm

Big Bird on the streets of Manhattan in 2009. (Photo: Getty)

Team Romney has decried Democrats’ repeated mentions of Big Bird since Mitt Romney brought up the beloved muppet while declaring his intention to end the federal subsidy for PBS during last week’s presidential debate, but the Obama campaign shows no sign that they intend to stop invoking Sesame Street any time soon. In fact, at an Obama rally at Ohio State University this afternoon, rapper will.i.am performed a rendition of the theme song of the popular children’s television show to rile up the president’s supporters.

According to Politico reporter Reid Epstein, who was on the scene at the Ohio State rally, will.i.am’s Sesame Street stylings may not have had the desired effect.

“Much, much more enthusiasm when @iamwill plays Journey than for the Sesame Street theme song,” Mr. Epstein wrote on Twitter.

Based on his other tweets from the event, Mr. Epstein clearly wasn’t impressed with will.i.am’s performance.

“So what is will.i.am ’s talent again?” he asked.

will.i.am also made music for the president during the 2008 election. In February of that year he released a song, “Yes We Can,” with lyrics based on one of Mr. Obama’s campaign speeches. That song seems to have gone over much better than his performance today. The star-studded “Yes We Can” video, which featured appearances from a slew of celebrities including; Scarlett Johansson, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Nick Cannon and John Legend went on to be seen by more than 24 million people on YouTube.

This morning, the Obama campaign released a web video mocking Mr. Romney for threatening to cut funding to PBS and take Big Bird off the air. Sesame Workshop, the foundation that creates the kids’ show, responded with a two-sentence statement asking the Obama to remove the ad on the grounds they are “a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization” that doesn’t “endorse candidates or participate in political campaigns.”

Speaking to reporters on board Air Force One this afternoon, President Obama’s campaign press secretary, Jen Psaki, said they are “reviewing” that request. She also addressed the Romney campaign’s criticism that the Big Bird attack is exactly the kind of “small” tactic President Obama denounced in 2008. Ms. Psaki insisted the president’s focus throughout this campaign has been on “serious issues.”

“You’ve been out with the President the last few days, all of you have been. And 99 percent of his remarks are about his plans for fighting for the middle class, his plans for making sure that young people have the opportunity to go to college, to have access to affordable health care.,” said Ms. Psaki. “You heard him last night and you’ll hear him again today lay out the difference between his view on Iraq and the right steps we took in drawing down troops there, and Mitt Romney’s doubling down on maybe we should have left troops…several thousand troops in Iraq, instead of what the President’s approach was. This election is about serious issues.  That’s what the President talks about every day.”

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2012, 04:07:42 PM »
Ohio Obama Rally Features Rap Rendition of Sesame Street Theme Song

By Hunter Walker 5:35pm

Big Bird on the streets of Manhattan in 2009. (Photo: Getty)

Team Romney has decried Democrats’ repeated mentions of Big Bird since Mitt Romney brought up the beloved muppet while declaring his intention to end the federal subsidy for PBS during last week’s presidential debate, but the Obama campaign shows no sign that they intend to stop invoking Sesame Street any time soon. In fact, at an Obama rally at Ohio State University this afternoon, rapper will.i.am performed a rendition of the theme song of the popular children’s television show to rile up the president’s supporters.

According to Politico reporter Reid Epstein, who was on the scene at the Ohio State rally, will.i.am’s Sesame Street stylings may not have had the desired effect.

“Much, much more enthusiasm when @iamwill plays Journey than for the Sesame Street theme song,” Mr. Epstein wrote on Twitter.

Based on his other tweets from the event, Mr. Epstein clearly wasn’t impressed with will.i.am’s performance.

“So what is will.i.am ’s talent again?” he asked.

will.i.am also made music for the president during the 2008 election. In February of that year he released a song, “Yes We Can,” with lyrics based on one of Mr. Obama’s campaign speeches. That song seems to have gone over much better than his performance today. The star-studded “Yes We Can” video, which featured appearances from a slew of celebrities including; Scarlett Johansson, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Nick Cannon and John Legend went on to be seen by more than 24 million people on YouTube.

This morning, the Obama campaign released a web video mocking Mr. Romney for threatening to cut funding to PBS and take Big Bird off the air. Sesame Workshop, the foundation that creates the kids’ show, responded with a two-sentence statement asking the Obama to remove the ad on the grounds they are “a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization” that doesn’t “endorse candidates or participate in political campaigns.”

Speaking to reporters on board Air Force One this afternoon, President Obama’s campaign press secretary, Jen Psaki, said they are “reviewing” that request. She also addressed the Romney campaign’s criticism that the Big Bird attack is exactly the kind of “small” tactic President Obama denounced in 2008. Ms. Psaki insisted the president’s focus throughout this campaign has been on “serious issues.”

“You’ve been out with the President the last few days, all of you have been. And 99 percent of his remarks are about his plans for fighting for the middle class, his plans for making sure that young people have the opportunity to go to college, to have access to affordable health care.,” said Ms. Psaki. “You heard him last night and you’ll hear him again today lay out the difference between his view on Iraq and the right steps we took in drawing down troops there, and Mitt Romney’s doubling down on maybe we should have left troops…several thousand troops in Iraq, instead of what the President’s approach was. This election is about serious issues.  That’s what the President talks about every day.”

There's about 10 different rap renditions of the Sesame Street theme...nothing now
A

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2012, 04:08:09 PM »

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2012, 04:11:05 PM »

I think its a funny ad which will have some great impact.  A lot of people love PBS progamming...its used in a number of schools and classrooms and besides Sesame Street, there's Mr Roger's Neighborhood, Curious George, Reading Rainbow, Ghostrider....etc
A

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2012, 04:13:30 PM »

I think its a funny ad which will have some great impact.  A lot of people love PBS progamming...its used in a number of schools and classrooms and besides Sesame Street, there's Mr Roger's Neighborhood, Curious George, Reading Rainbow, Ghostrider....etc
hahah, did you think the garbage man ad was good too?

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2012, 04:15:06 PM »
Dumbest thing I've ever seen and will have 0 impact on the election.

Who wrote this piece of shit? StrawAnus?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2012, 04:52:17 PM »
usdebtclock.omg

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2012, 05:23:31 PM »
hahah, did you think the garbage man ad was good too?

I've not seen it....I do want to say that while public broadcasting needs the funding, Sesame Street doesn't.  The Muppets are owned by Disney and they get a shitload of money from the sales and licensing of their products. 

Its a good and funny ad, but its not an accurate one in terms of Romney firing Big Bird. 
A

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2012, 05:43:58 PM »
usdebtclock.omg

Look at this shithead trying to act like he actually cares. Meanwhile, he spent the better part of 5 years talking about Sarah Palin.

Go fuck yourself.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2012, 08:14:58 PM »
Obama spokesman: We released that moronic Big Bird ad because of the “grassroots outcry”
 Hot Air ^ | October 9, 2012 | Allahpundit

Posted on Tuesday, October 09, 2012 10:56:42 PM by 2ndDivisionVet

Deeply embarrassing, but not entirely the campaign’s fault. If memory serves, Romney’s Big Bird line was the thin reed to which liberals on Twitter were clinging the morning after the Denver debacle:

“There’s been a strong grassroots outcry over the attacks on Big Bird. This is something that mothers across the country are alarmed about, and you know, we’re tapping into that,” Psaki told reporters aboard Air Force One on Wednesday…

“The larger point… is, aside from our love for Big Bird and Elmo, as is evidenced by the last few days, the point that we’re making here is that when Mitt Romney… was given the opportunity to lay out how he would address the deficit, when he said ‘I will take a serious approach to it,’ his first offering was to cut funding for Big Bird,” Psaki said. “And that is absurd and hard to take seriously his specific plan.”

Two problems. First, needless to say, Romney’s point about PBS isn’t that serious deficit reduction should start there, it’s that not even popular federal outlays should be immune from cuts in the name of restoring fiscal stability. A guy who bet his presidential candidacy on Paul Ryan is about as serious as an American politician can get when it comes to spending. And let me gently suggest to Team O that any campaign that treats the Buffett Rule as an important budgetary reform shouldn’t wag its finger too sternly in criticizing others for half-measures. Second, the Big Bird ad is actually very typical of Hopenchange’s M.O. this year. They’ve tried to bludgeon Romney with every cheap demagogic populist ploy within reach. How were they supposed to lay off an easy opportunity to suggest that Mitt hates moms and kids and puppets? What’s unusual about the spot isn’t that it’s trivial, it’s that they released it at a moment of real momentum for Romney, which in turn makes them look desperate and inept. Per Sean Trende’s superb analysis today at RCP, it’s very important to Obama’s campaign that they be seen as winning at all times. A winner can get away with a silly ad like this; a guy who just got his ass handed to him in front of 70 million people really can’t. Trende:

I’ve superimposed the major events of the 2012 cycle here. The basic trend line is fairly plain. Over time, the president’s lead gradually deteriorates. When it gets too close, he makes a major play to change the dynamic, pushing the lead back up…

I do think there is a degree to which Team Obama has successfully (and quite frankly brilliantly) created a “virtuous cycle” this election. There are three ways in which this is the case.

First, the bandwagon effect affects fundraising. Once you move outside the partisan core, people like to back winners. This is especially true of the business community. By assiduously cultivating its front-runner status, the Obama campaign has aided its ability to press future arguments.

Second, maintaining a lead allows greater leeway in the arguments it can make. Something like the “cancer ad” from August looks hard-hitting from a campaign that is leading (and I certainly include candidate super PACs as part of the “campaign”), but would probably be described as “desperate” from one that is losing.

Finally, and perhaps most importantly, it affects press portrayals of the candidates and party enthusiasm. This is the most important thing here: I still think the default expectation here has been that Obama should be losing.

In other words, every time the basics of the economy and the deficit and some new foreign-policy debacle start to eat into Obama’s lead, he latches on to a new shiny object that can boost his lead by a few points — until the basics (“gravity,” in Trende’s phrasing) start to drag him down again. The more consistently he’s seen as a winner, the more Romney smells like a loser, which has all of the self-fulfilling effects that Trende describes above. The reason the debate was such a killer was that it shattered that perception of Obama’s invincibility that he’d spent the last nine months cultivating. And the last thing you want to do once that’s happened is make yourself seem ridiculous by running a silly ad that’s transparently an attempt to change the subject — especially if you got elected the first time by scolding people for the “smallness” of their politics. Watch the two clips below, the first via the Examiner and the second via the Right Scoop, and see for yourself who looks small now. Just look at what this guy’s “new kind of politics” nonsense has become. Click the image to watch.

(VIDEOS AT LINK)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2012, 07:33:37 PM »

This guy is the new drinking w bob 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2012, 07:37:05 PM »
Democrats frustrated by Obama's "Big Bird" campaign turn
By Samuel P. Jacobs

WASHINGTON | Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:43pm EDT

(Reuters) - In 2008, singer will.i.am provided Barack Obama's presidential campaign with music for its signature anthem, "Yes We Can." On Tuesday, at a rally for Obama in Columbus, Ohio, the performer chose to play something new: the theme song for "Sesame Street."

For Obama's supporters, already dismayed by the president's halting performance in last week's debate with Republican Mitt Romney, that change in tune is a new source for concern as they fret that a children's TV show has become a new backdrop for their candidate's campaign.

In a moment of tightening polls and climbing anxiety for Obama's supporters, the president's decision to grant Big Bird a starring role in his campaign this week has presented another reason to reach for the Alka-Seltzer.

After Romney named Big Bird as part of a promise to pull government funding for public television, Obama's campaign released a caustic new ad mocking Romney for thinking the character was a "big, yellow menace to our economy."

Since the debate, Obama has been piling on, joking about Romney's designs for the TV show at every campaign stop.

Conservatives have been crowing that the silly turn in the campaign diminishes the president.

"President Obama tried to give the bird to Mitt Romney—but wound up laying an egg," the New York Post wrote Wednesday.

Liberals point out that it was Romney who started the Big Bird mess. Still, the tactic may have led to a kind of role reversal for Obama and Romney. Throughout the summer, the Republican was criticized for lurching from one news cycle to the next, introducing attack lines that seemed to detract from his central message that Obama had stunted economic growth.

Now Obama, some Democrats fear, is seeking to revive his campaign with too light a jolt. They worry the president looks small by enlisting the eight-foot costume bird in his defense.

Romney's presidency would endanger more than a television character - if a beloved one - they say, and Obama's "Sesame Street" jabs belittle that peril.

"I'm not sure I understand why he is doing it," said Bill Galston, a former Bill Clinton adviser.

It got worse for the Democrats on Tuesday when the makers of Sesame Street asked them to pull the ad because they did not want Big Bird associated with politics.

SEEKING THE AVIAN VOTE?

The more conspiratorial campaign watchers reckon maybe the president's team must know something Washington does not.

Perhaps, promising to save Big Bird is a winner among moms. A Pew Research Center survey released this week observed an 18-point swing in Romney's favor among likely women voters over the course of the last month.

Maybe, the Obama folks think the only way to bandage the hurt caused by Obama's weak debate performance is with laughter.

The winking ad with its knowing use of irony could be a play for young voters, a nudge that says Obama is still the hip politician they knocked on doors for in 2008.

In a cloudy week where Democrats have formed a search party for silver linings, some hope the Big Bird ad is an attack line that merely hasn't reached its proper conclusion.

Before the campaign retires it, they hope Obama will link Romney's enthusiasm for canning the "Sesame Street" characters with a much larger statement about the former private equity executive's character.

Obama should talk about how Romney suggested PBS news host Jim Lehrer would lose his job too — and grinning while doing it, said Dick Harpootlian, Democratic party chair in South Carolina.

"There's nothing funny about firing anybody," said Harpootlian. "Why do you smile when you say you are going to fire somebody?"

The Obama campaign has said Big Bird was added to the campaign cast to shed doubt on Romney's seriousness as a candidate.

"When Mitt Romney was given the opportunity to lay out his plans for bringing down the deficit, he gave the same answer he has given dozens of times on the campaign trail, which was to cut funding for Big Bird," said Obama spokeswoman Jen Psaki.

"If that doesn't point out the lack of seriousness with his deficit reduction plan, I am not sure what does. The ad is an opportunity to highlight that."

Befitting a campaign that has turned toward toddler television, Romney's response has been, in effect, to say he is rubber and Obama glue.

"These are tough times with real serious issues," Romney said in Iowa Tuesday. "So you have to scratch your head when the president spends the last week talking about saving Big Bird."

(Editing By Alistair Bell; editing by Todd Eastham)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2012, 08:06:50 AM »
Obama adviser: No plans to take down Big Bird ad despite Sesame request
 foxnews.com ^ | 10/10/12

Posted on Wednesday, October 10, 2012 4:28:22

The Big Bird ad stays.

Obama campaign adviser Robert Gibbs said Wednesday he didn't know of any plans to take down the controversial ad featuring the famous feathery star, despite a request by Sesame Workshop.

Gibbs made the comment on NBC's "Today" show, a day after campaign officials said they were reviewing Sesame Workshop's appeal.

The satirical TV ad featured a menacing voiceover warning of Mitt Romney's anti-Big Bird agenda, playing off the Republican nominee's debate claim that he wants to cut funding to PBS.

"Big, yellow, a menace to our economy. Mitt Romney knows it's not Wall Street you have to worry about, it's Sesame Street," the voiceover says. "Mitt Romney, taking on our enemies no matter where they nest."

(Excerpt) Read more at foxnews.com ...