Author Topic: When Was The Last Time You Bought a Music CD?  (Read 4801 times)

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
Re: When Was The Last Time You Bought a Music CD?
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2012, 02:19:40 AM »
I bought the new Rush CD when it came out a couple months ago..

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2012, 02:28:03 AM »
I buy CD's for artists that make music that I want to support....which isn't many so it's under 10 a year.

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2012, 02:29:56 AM »
I think I can honestly say the last CD I purchased was back in 2005 (Beastie Boys -To The 5 Burroughs). Don't understand how in this day and age of torrent downloads an artist can achieve gold (500,000 units) and platinum (1,000,000 units) status.  I know there are some people who believe in "supporting the artist", but fuk that shit!  You can pretty much download anything a week before the release date anyway.   I have an app on my phone called Gtunes where you can download any song for free in a matter of 5 seconds.  Questions, comments or concerns?

Do you shoplift too?

Seriously - where do you draw the line with your stealing? Dip your hand in your momma's purse when she's not looking? Perhaps knock over the odd old lady and have away with her cash? A bit of casual shoplifting? Maybe the odd care here & there?

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2012, 02:37:40 AM »
Support your artist.

.. by attending their gigs.

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2012, 02:45:18 AM »
Support your artist.

.. by attending their gigs.

Well yes. That no doubt supports them more than the indirect process via the record company.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2012, 04:41:13 AM »
Last CD I bought was for the Mrs, but I collect 7" reggae vinyl and buy it regularly so it definately supports the artist to an extent.

Cost between £4-£6 (6-8 dollars) each for a double sided single so i'm sure at least 20p goes to the artist haha

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2012, 04:43:59 AM »
This year  just two so far, "Elysium" ~Pet Shop Boys ,"Licenciado Cantinas" Enrique Bunbury.

WOOOSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2012, 04:47:19 AM »
As long as CDs are being made, I will buy 'em.

An artist or group touring internationally usually requires financial support. If its record company doesn't make a dime from the product, the company will dump the band, and the band will be up shit creek.

The argument that bands make lots/most of its dough through tour merchandise might be valid, but it doesn't change the fact that budgets for recording, touring, etc. are hugely advanced with record company support. Like it or not.

Hey, I hate that the record companies have gouged the consumer to a crazy extent for decades, and they're justifiably finally feeling a kickback for such greed, but I also know their overall worth.

Musicians who provide me with music that means so very much to me deserve to be compensated for their work.

To be just another asshole screwing them over isn't what I want to be.

horseshit

real bands make money with tours

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2012, 04:55:29 AM »
Big Tymers - Big Money Heavyweight

kevcat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2012, 05:00:17 AM »
Im the same in that ive hardly bought any album at all for ages. The odd greatest hits ive bought this year of bands i dont know much about and am interested if theyre as good as the few songs ive heard ( which may lead to me buying an album ) , but since ive got into my mid 20s ive kind of lost interest in new bands etc, although i still regularly go to concerts

SilverSpoon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2012, 08:25:24 AM »
about a month ago I bought a Radiohead remix cd TKOL something or other, and I bought some Peter Gabriel stuff that had been stolen over the years.

I like cds.